Author Topic: Israeli settlers on rampage..  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Israeli settlers on rampage..
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2002, 02:27:49 PM »
Originally posted by babek-
@Hortlund

You are justifiing actions against other humans with the argument that this specific group is different and dangerous and not thinking the same way like us.

Eh, no I havent justified any action against any human with that statement. I have simply said that there really is no reason to trust these people considering what they have done in the past, and what they still are doing.

Nashwan is trying to say that if we give them a country they will stop murdering innocent Israeli civilians. I'm just saying that we have no reason to believe that, and you cannot make comparrisons to us in the western civilization, because just because we think in one way, that doesnt mean that everyone does.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2002, 02:50:27 PM »
Hortland; the Neo-Pharisee.

Jesus wept.

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2002, 03:11:21 PM »
As for the gaza strip. You know full well that most of that population is concentrated in the towns and cities, with lots of rural "wasteland". Or is this where you are going to tell me that those people are spread out evenly 3300 people per square km?

The Gaza Strip is 3 - 5 miles wide. It contains about a dozen Palestinian towns and refugee camps, 25 Israeli settlements and several militay bases.

If you look at a detailed map, you'll see it's impossible to get more than 1.5 miles from any built up area. You can't set up a guerilla camp 1.5 miles away from a town, it's too easily spotted.

Take a look at the 9-11 hijackers. Lots of family fathers, with good education, good work, good living in western-oriented countries. These people do not think the same way we do. It is wrong to assume that. Naive. Dangerous.

Look at Timothy McVeigh. These people do not think the way we do.

There are nutters eveywhere. Remove the support fom the nutters, and they are less effective.

Take a look at the latest wave of suicide bombers. Family fathers, people with high education, with jobs, with "good" family ties.

The vast majoity of the Palestinian suicide bombers have been young men, in their teens or twenties.

Suicide bombing has now become a way to povide fo a family in the territoies, with Saudi Arabia and Iraq giving money to the families of the attacker.

It's one of the few ways to get money. Unemployment is ove 50%, and a US government aid agency repot says 50% of Palestinian children are suffering fom malnutrition, with 20% suffering acute malnutition, stunted growth and health problems.

People act out of self interest most of the time. But you forget to add into that equation, that some peoples self interest involves killing others.

Everyone's self interest involves killing others. Mankind's history is a long tale of killing other people to get their land/cattle/money/possesions.

What stops people from doing it all the time is fear of losing what they've got.  The more they've got, the less they want to risk it.

It's no coincidence that as countries become richer, they're less likely to go to war. (not one they can lose, anyway)

Nashwan is trying to say that if we give them a country they will stop murdering innocent Israeli civilians. I'm just saying that we have no reason to believe that, and you cannot make comparrisons to us in the western civilization, because just because we think in one way, that doesnt mean that everyone does.

We have no reason not to believe it.

The Egyptians signed a deal with Israel, and have kept to it.

The Jordanians signed a deal with Israel, and have kept to it.

Every Arab country Israel has done a land fo peace deal with has kept it. The Palestinians who are fotunate enough to find themselves with Israeli citizenship have not tried to attack Israel.

The only Arabs Israel has a problem with ae those it's siezed land from.

It seems rather twisted logic to say holding on to that land is the best path to peace, when history has shown otherwise.

This isn't about security for Israel, it's about Greater Israel, achieved by taking land from the Palestinians.

There's never been a peacefull ethnic cleansing. It's silly to expect the Palestinians to go quietly, when no other group ever has.

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2002, 03:30:49 PM »
Suicide bombing has now become a way to povide fo a family in the territoies, with Saudi Arabia and Iraq giving money to the families of the attacker.

thank you nashwan,just the best example of how different these people`s minds work.
Do You think in any western country the slogen "make your child blow himself up ,and get $25000" would fly?
I don`t think so..

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2002, 03:31:51 PM »
Nashwan, I suppose it all comes down to whether we trust the Pals or not.

You might be right when you say that if we give them a country of their own, they will cool down and live in peace. I dont have all the answers. I have my own personal opinion though, but that is just me.

Setting all practical matters aside (you know that I dont think there will ever be a peace settlements between the pals and the Israelis, there are too many "unsolveables") I dont think they will settle with what the Israelis are able to give them. And they have done nothing to earn my trust either. The Intifada-way is a sure way for them to never get a country their own at all.

IF they would call off this senseless violence. If they would cease the terrorist attacks, if they would lay down their arms and live in peace for 2-3-4-5 years, THEN I will reconsider.

As it is right now, the Israelis cannot back off, they cannot take a step back and lower their guard. It is simply too dangerous. Especially with the war against Iraq coming soon.

If this means that the Pals will continue with the terrorist attacks, then more people will die on both sides, both guilty ones and innocents.

But the Israelis cannot take the first step back in this conflict. It is that plain and that simple.

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2002, 03:59:31 PM »
As it is right now, the Israelis cannot back off, they cannot take a step back and lower their guard. It is simply too dangerous.

But the Israelis cannot take the first step back in this conflict. It is that plain and that simple.

There are two different Israeli campaigns going on.

One is the security campaign, like blowing up the Hamas leader. They can't afford to stop that.

The second is the settlement campaign.

It doesn't contribute to security, even the IDF says defending the settlements takes so many men the rest of Israel is vulnerable.

The settlements are not part of the securiy campaign. They are simply a process of taking more land, and expanding the borders of Israel.

The settlements cause violence. Taking someone's land away, especially with no compensation, is likely to drive them to violence, if they no legal recourse. The Palestinians have no effective legal recourse.

What Israel should do, is announce an end to the settlements. That would send a message to the Palestinians that independence is possible, if they behave.

The current message sent to the Palestinians is behave, and we will continue taking your land until you have nothing left.

If the Israeli government wanted peace, they would end the settlements whilst continuing security operations. Instead they (successive governments since the 70s) have continued to expand the settlements, whilst calling for peace.

There is no way out of the violence until Israel commits itself to an independant Palestinian state on the West Bank and Gaza. That state shouldn't be set up immediately, but as soon as Israel calls off the colonisation, the situation will improve.

It doesn't look like enough people have died for the governments to accept that compromise yet though.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2002, 04:13:55 PM »
I agree (believe it or not).

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2002, 04:15:30 PM »
But...the problem is the peace deal. I honestly dont think the conflict will/can be solved until there has been another war in the region.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
and the Palestinian 'cause" continues...
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2002, 06:34:22 AM »
Blast Rocks Jerusalem University :rolleyes:

freakin murders, oh yeah let's give them what they want, they earned it, they have proven themselves to be global partners, upright citizens of the worlds.. freakin murders..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Fjoder

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2002, 06:59:55 AM »
"Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another." (Surah 48:29)

"The Day of Resurrection will not arrive until the Moslems make war against the Jews and kill them, and until a Jew hiding behind a rock and tree, and the rock and tree will say: 'Oh Moslem, oh servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!'" (Sahih Bukhari 004.52.176)

It is a 'divine' commandment to persecute Jews and Christians, to defeat them in battle and then to consign them either to slavery or to death (Surah 8:39; 9:5,29: 47:4).

9:29, Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

9:39, Unless ye go forth, (for Jihad) He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least.

It always start with jews, but it never ends with jews.

P.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2002, 07:02:23 AM by Fjoder »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
JJ to the rescue
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2002, 08:17:33 AM »
:rolleyes:

just a little closer and I think one bullet will be able to take out both pieces of trash

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline OZkansas

• Nickel Member
Re: JJ to the rescue
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2002, 09:18:53 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
:rolleyes:

just a little closer and I think one bullet will be able to take out both pieces of trash

Don't you feel the world is a safer place to live knowing these two are on the job?

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2002, 09:28:12 AM »
who is it ? (I know Arafat but the guy on the left )

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2002, 09:36:08 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
who is it ? (I know Arafat but the guy on the left )

he be the "reverend" jesse " let me pregnate my help, while screwing big business out of millions using racial blackmail" jackson ... one of "religous" black leaders :rolleyes:

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2002, 09:38:59 AM »
never heard of him ...

must be one of your internal "desease" :)