Author Topic: Yankee  (Read 1229 times)

Offline PIRATE

• Zinc Member
Yankee
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2002, 10:55:04 AM »
oops My spelling sucks and this has nothing to do with Oclub posts.

has to do with a person that has no people skills and dosnt rember the first rule of retail when some one is paying you dont piss them off. I didn't ask anyone to quit and never would. but i wont pay to be kicked out of MA for disagreeing with how someone is acting.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2002, 10:58:26 AM by PIRATE »

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Yankee
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2002, 10:58:01 AM »
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Yankee
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2002, 10:58:02 AM »
HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Karaya2
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Yankee
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2002, 10:58:28 AM »
pirate, are you russian possibly?
language barrier would account for the spelling.. I'd suggest maybe a translator :)

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
Yankee
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2002, 11:10:53 AM »
That's 'bout it Rip. Yankee got put between a rock and a hard spot and she took alot of unfair flak for it, IMO. It can't be fun having a stadium full of spectators questioning your every move and I wouldn't want Yankee's job- or at least the bbs aspect of it. She got ganged pretty good here, and looking back it was kinda ugly and not very respectful. If we could conduct ourselves as adults in here then I'm sure HiTech and Yankee would be grateful they don't have to babysit us.

Now bout PIRATE- He's a friend of mine who lives bout 10 minutes away from me. We've known each other for 4-5 years or so. We have lunch occasionally and hit the local airshows together. He's my computer guru and he's come over a few times to revive a dead system for me. He is bright, articulate and conducts himself as a gentleman. He's the guy who convinced me to try AH after AW went down and he helped me install the game and program my stick. He also simply cannot spell, as so many of you gleefully noticed. Don't mistake that for stupidity because it's not. Basically he got a time out from the MA yesterday and took offense. I wasn't there- BUT-

If you are asked to knock off a behavior by a staffer you will only be asked once. This has been made clear and it is also fair. It doesn't matter how righteous your cause is, how persecuted you're being nor how unfair the staffer is for singling YOU out. That is the WAY IT IS. Now if a dumb bellybutton like me can understand this, then why are so many of you are still not getting it?

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Yankee
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2002, 11:13:03 AM »
Looks like another 100+ post thread explaining to Pirate exactly what was explained to the "victims" of last week's "atrocity".

I bow out this time.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Yankee
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2002, 11:13:40 AM »
Originally posted by PIRATE

has to do with a person that has no people skills and dosnt rember the first rule of retail when some one is paying you dont piss them off.

Huh?  If you go into a restaurant, and act like an ass, I'm not only (as a manager) going to ask you to pay, but your gonna get your bellybutton kicked out too!

I didn't ask anyone to quit and never would. but i wont pay to be kicked out of MA for disagreeing with how someone is acting.

I'm assuming you jumped to someones defense?  Ahh, to be young and clueless again...been there..doesn't pay off.  Next time, keep the politics off the MA text box, you should be logged in for flying and fun, and thats just about it. :)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Yankee
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2002, 11:14:22 AM »
[edit] on second though...
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Yankee
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2002, 11:16:16 AM »
He also simply cannot spell, as so many of you gleefully noticed. Don't mistake that for stupidity because it's not.

I couldn't agree more.  Education has nothing to do with intelligence.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Yankee
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2002, 11:22:45 AM »
Elf's wright. Sory abowt the speling jabbs PIRATE.

Offline PIRATE

• Zinc Member
Yankee
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2002, 11:39:03 AM »
My disagreement with Yankee was about her lack of use of authority. she began to warn 2 people who were being disruptive on ch1 witch is fine. but she did this while in green and was some what snoty on my opinion. just to remind you there are over 2000 players hear not all know who admins are. if she felt  it needed attention she should have taken the time to (get dressed) and had a chat with them. I didnt not pay Aces High to be treated with disrespect. witch i feel i was. My point hear is yes they can do what they want But i dont have to pay them to do it to me. the key hear is we pay them. With out us this game is just code.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Yankee
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2002, 11:44:18 AM »
Originally posted by Elfenwolf
If you are asked to knock off a behavior by a staffer you will only be asked once.

This has been made clear and it is also fair. It doesn't matter how righteous your cause is, how persecuted you're being nor how unfair the staffer is for singling YOU out.

That is the WAY IT IS.

Now if a dumb bellybutton like me can understand this, then why are so many of you are still not getting it?

Well said, Elf.

Gentlemen.. and I can use that term because the folks that are the problem are not gentlemen and don't read these threads....

The MA buffers have turned into "features" that may drive / are driving customers and potential customers away. Simply because people can't be bothered to remain basically civil to each other. Simply because people can't seem to communicate simple thoughts without unnecessary profanity.

There IS a problem and I'm certain it is of concern to HTC in a purely business sense. They're trying to grow the customer base like any other business and they're spending money to do so.

Why should they sit idly by and let one immature, impolite player drive away six new potential customers?

All ya gotta do is act with a tiny bit of respect for your fellow players and then there's NO PROBLEM.

Pretty simple, IMO.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Yankee
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2002, 11:45:49 AM »
Yeah, and most people realise not to argue with the creators of the game.

You pay them for the service, not so you can abuse them and get all pissy when you get booted for it.

When in doubt, keep your fingers away from the keyboard. They certainly don't need you or anyone else to tell them how to run their business.

Oh yeah, and opinions are like amazinhunks... I'm sure you know the rest.
-SW

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Yankee
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2002, 11:48:59 AM »
Ah, the "T 'n A" post.  That was a beaut, Swoop, you outdid yourself!  :p

You know what, I think alot of people go out of their way to be jerks on ch 1.  They abuse it, and think of it as "I'm paying and I can say (type) whatever we want!"   That is so FAR from the truth.  We pay to play.  

To the love muffin who was worried about the infringement of your "1st Amendment" rights.  You have those freedoms, BUT as soon as you, "infringe" on the rights of others, yer screwed. :mad:

There is no way I could do Yankee's job, or any of their jobs.  I got muted for accidently typing a cuss work.  Meant duck, typed ahem.  I took my medicine for the 10 minutes.  They didn't know it was an accident.  

My rant is over

Karaya2

PIRATE, sorry bro, you were cool, miss ya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Yankee
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2002, 12:00:30 PM »
Ah hell Pirate, you know as well as I do that folks never leave a game/sim for only ONE reason, you must have had other bones to pick.  If indeed this WAS the only reason, just ignore Yankee, sign back up, and do what you came here to do, FLY AND HAVE FUN, don't worry about if Yankee is doing her job or not, just fly, and have fun.