Author Topic: [zepps_essays] Propaganda  (Read 1159 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
[zepps_essays] Propaganda
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2002, 08:36:58 AM »
ldv, 10bears..mt..  when you guys grow up you are gonna be so embarassed by all this.

The fanatic left and the fanatic right have one thing in common... they both have to scour the far corners of the internet to find articles to suport their silly viewpoints.   They are allways unhappy because when they find said article and smuggly bring it out as "proof"... They are laughed at.   And rightly so.

it really is that simple.

oh.. and I don't care what you call a government so long as it doesn't interfere in my life too much.
lazs

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2002, 09:32:33 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
ldv, 10bears..mt..  when you guys grow up you are gonna be so embarassed by all this.

The fanatic left and the fanatic right have one thing in common... they both have to scour the far corners of the internet to find articles to suport their silly viewpoints.   They are allways unhappy because when they find said article and smuggly bring it out as "proof"... They are laughed at.   And rightly so.

it really is that simple.

oh.. and I don't care what you call a government so long as it doesn't interfere in my life too much.
lazs

Just wondering why you felt I fell into the same category as ldv and 10bears? Honestly curious... really.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2002, 06:13:19 PM »
Originally posted by lord dolf vader
of hearing a (popularly elected as opposed to what we have now)president insulted over and over ad nausium as the rusult of a attempted goverment overthrow foiled.

What part of the Electoral College process do you still fail to understand?

Characterizing the investigation of Clinton as an "attempted overthrow foiled" must bring tears of laughter to folks in countries that have witnessed actualy attempts (and some successful ones at that) to overthrow a government.

You'll get another shot in a little over two years. Go work for the candidate of your choice.. channel that angst.

Good luck!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2002, 07:31:31 PM »
Thx Wsnpr for picking up the sword but be careful, if they can’t dispute the points in the article they’ll trash the author or trash the person who posted it.

I get a kick stirring the rednecks from time to time this article was designed to do just that :) Got another one today from the Guardian about the Grand Chess Game going to post later.

Laz when I grow up?.. Back when I was 17 and worked on a cattle ranch I was a stanch Nixon supporter... The older I get the less I believe in anything the government says.

Although many of these listed gave to the Republicans as well and some of them more to Reps

Heheh Holden McGroin master of understatement. Do you happen to know the ratio between Dem and Rep?.. I do.

it is time to stop thinking of corporations as evil right wing fat cats.

Okay if you say so.. do you mind if I think of them as Globalist corporations bent on One World Order with no need for voters or democracy?.

Corporate right-wing slime machine? please

When they turned the spew hose on John McCain, do you really think that happened in a vacuum?.. it’s not just Demos they slime. I expect they’ll be turning it on for Bret Scollcroft, Collin Powel, Dick Army, Henry Kissinger any day now.  

What part of the Electoral College process do you still fail to bla bla bla

Forget it Vador, standard misdirection debate tactic from Toad.. He wants you to get to “C” before understanding “A” and “B”
A: General election
B: vote count too close to call, state Supremes order a manual recount, (fed Supremes stop the recount in effect giving the electoral votes to Bush)
C: Florida's 23 electoral votes go to Bush.

If your not paying attention Toad can wield a good argument as long as your not thinking about “B” (I learned that in high school debating class)

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2002, 08:04:55 PM »
Originally posted by 10Bears

A: General election
B: vote count too close to call, state Supremes order a manual recount, (fed Supremes stop the recount in effect giving the electoral votes to Bush)
C: Florida's 23 electoral votes go to Bush.

I remember it differently

A. General election
B. Media crowns Gore before the poll are closed
C. A machine count declares Bush a winner, but a vote is very close, within a margin of error.
D. A mandatory (machine) recount (as required by law), confirms the original result, a very narrow Bush victory. There is no reason to claim that a machine recount favors either of the contenders.
E. we are waiting for absentee ballots, but they are expected to widen Bush's lead.
F. Gore start legal trickery by asking for selective, and this time manual recounts performed by devout democrats behind closed doors. The actual ballot does not count anymore, the "voter's intent" does.

G. Even with this blatant attempt to manufacture Gore votes, but dismissing large lots of absentee votes and manually "counting" others (but only some of them), they run out of time as specified by election law.
H. FSC, (7 libs vs 1 rep if I remember correctly), jumps in and extends the deadline for selective, manuals votes.
I. The Supremes order (5 to 4) the FCS to justify their decision, of STFU.
J. FSC declines to respond, the democratic vote factory runs out of time as the Fl legislature prepares for naming the electors (as prescribed by the election law)

Bush has won the day one, the rest was just an attempt of a switcheroo.

Bush sucks big time :( , but still he is not Gore.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2002, 08:30:48 PM »
For the record Kieran I’ve never called you a nazi. I’ve called some of your thinking leading down the road nazi like. If you supported Slobo you supported a real deal nazi.

Oh. I see the difference. :rolleyes: Why even suggest I supported "Slobo", as you put it? Are you trying to insinuate some connection? And... weren't you the one that posted the nice WWII era picture with a message for me, using some nice invective in it? Is this what you are looking for when you want debate?

No, 10Bears, you want people to address the points you try to make, yet you make statements that are half-true or completely false. Take your last assessment of the election- you blatantly (and I suspect intentionally) left out much of what happened (though the record was accurately set straight by Mietla). Much of what you say does this- like a Democratic recount it is selective in target. This makes anything you type highly suspect.

I especially love when you cut-n-paste your "walls of diatribe". There is no reason to respond to it because it is mostly nonsense. Want me to say something negative to retort? I could, but I couldn't make the author of most of the material you print look more foolish than they themselves have already.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2002, 08:35:34 AM »
10bears.. you really have to stop reading all the lefty hate stuff... mielta has it as it happened.   Toad simply pointed out how the process works.  He rightly pointed out that there is an ec in the U.S.     Does someone have to point out to you that the supreme court takes precedence over state courts?   They soimply stopped the endless debate over what the word "is" means..  That is why the left loved the Clinton administration so much... The truth was shown to be just one big grey area.

What part of the election did you find unfair?    The only thing that seemed unfair in my view was to have selected counties recounted and to try to judge "intent"... I certainly do not wnat someone discarding my vote because he feels that what i voted for and my "intent" were two different things.
lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2002, 10:10:29 PM »
If your not paying attention Toad can wield a good argument as long as your not thinking about “B” (I learned that in high school debating class)

Well, actually it's a real good argument as long as 10Bears doesn't misrepresent B as something that DID happen when it DIDN'T happen the way he stated it.

Make sense? No? How about this then:

Mietla, thanks for saving me a lot of time by refreshing 10Bears memory with the way it actually did happen.

And actually, what I was addressing was the never ending "popular vote" ploy.

The Donkeys played the Elephants for the National Title. The game was close all the way, but the Elephants managed to win it 21-20.

The Donkeys spent the next 4 years loudly telling everyone within earshot that they should have gotten the title and the trophy.

Because, after all, while they did in fact LOSE on points, they gained the most yards on offense. :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2002, 10:19:15 PM »
they’ll trash the author or trash the person who posted it.

For the first part, there's no need. He does a fine job of trashing himself. What could anyone add? As Fatty pointed out, the irony probably escapes Jamieson; it's a self-portrait.

For the second part, don't point that finger at me. I don't do ad hominem.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2002, 03:56:40 PM »
As soon as some of you stop looking for the truth from governments and men, then and only then will you find it.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2002, 03:59:43 PM »
I have a picture of a monk sitting atop the peak of a mountain, back turned to me, and I can see the sun rising over his shoulder.

And his butt crack is showing.

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2002, 04:48:06 PM »
Can someone invoke Godwin's Law here?

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2002, 07:55:54 PM »
I dunno... I was the first to mention nazi, but it was in response to another thread where the individual more or less called me one...