Author Topic: Need help with tweaking/upgrading.  (Read 208 times)

Offline woodfordb

• Zinc Member
Need help with tweaking/upgrading.
« on: September 07, 2002, 07:22:49 PM »
Hi,
Ok was over A9 tonight at 11.50ish pm UK time, and my frame rate was bad.

here are my sys specs
P4 1.7 (423 pin type)
Intel D850GB motherboard.
512mb PC800 ram
G4 ti600

All drivers are up to date, no over clocking (MB wont let me and not oc'ing the gf).

When there is no activily I bounce off my vysnc of 85, and when a little is happening in a DF I go to about 60ish, but when a base is burning and there are 20-30 people in the air I get 11-20fps....

Im running 32bit mode at 1024x768 with mip mapping.

Any idea's? I know my system is under performing compared to others due to my Intel brand MoBo (Stable but slow) getting arround 7800 3d 2001se marks.

whats best? scrap the Mobo and CPU and get a Asus mb and new 2.53 intel? or get a new Nvidia NForce 2 mobo and amd 2600+

Cheers, thanks in advance.

Ben.

Offline Lars

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2002, 09:57:55 AM »
Have you installed the "intelinf" files so that your OS can use the 850 chipset properly?

Have you updated your MB's Bios to the latest one?

These are the two things that I had to do to get my ASUS PT4-E < 850 chipset socket 478 > to give me good 3Dmark scores.

If you haven't done these things go to your MB's manufactures site and get those files and install them...if you think you have the latest bois for your MB check it out anyway to make sure you have the latest.

After that make sure you have up to date Vid card drivers...if using a GeForce 3 or better card use the 29.42 < or later > Detonator drivers. The Geforce Tweek Utility v3.2...suposedly only works well with Dets v29.42 and below.

A clean OS helps alot also.

Check to see if your Vid card has antialius < sp > turned on...if so force it off...AA will cause a huge FR hit in busy areas.

Hope this helps...good luck!

Offline woodfordb

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2002, 02:38:18 PM »
Yep running the latest 40 series Det drivers,
latest intel INF and running App Acc. 2.2
FSAA is forced to off.
Latest Bios (Not been a new bios update in at least 8 months)

Generaly its ok, but new stuff is causing problems with it. Stuff like Quake hammers out over 200fps in 1024x768. CS is the same at 99fps.

Its in AH I get the problem.

Cheers for trying to help though.