Author Topic: Giving Muting power to customers.. BIG mistake!!  (Read 2482 times)

Ice

Giving Muting power to customers.. BIG mistake!!
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
No one deserves anything. We pay for the right to play a sim. We also have the freedom to leave if we feel the value is not up to par with what we pay.

------------------
Ice
13thTAS

It's not the Big that kill the Small, but the Fast that kill the Slow!

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »

Originally posted by mrfish:
"YOU ARE SO PORKED!!" on the private channel is one of my all-time favorite constructive dingy comments. real class ding.

you are arguing over actions in retrospect that could have been avoided altogether if you and your kind just played the game like men who took their destinies, fair or not (like life)and didnt try so hard to explain your defeats. it diminishes the experience.

Guilty as charged as stated previously. As I said in a previous post, there have been times I've gone off on rants of my own.  Perhaps I should have been muted there as well if my display was on ch 1 were that incendiary.  This is the kind of thing people dont need or want to see on ch 1.

Muting gives the victimized individual a chance to cool off which sometimes is sorely needed.

-Ding

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2001, 12:35:00 PM »
I've stayed out of this, because I thought it would die down. I'm gone, it shouldn't matter anymore.

Facts are being distorted, people are guesstimating on my behalf, things are becomming completely twisted.

I said one vulgar word, dick, and quit after that with vulgarities.

Why weren't both parties muted or neither? This is my concern.

-SW

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2001, 12:42:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKSeaWulfe:
Why weren't both parties muted or neither? This is my concern.

You were muted the first time because you felt the need to hurl insults my way.  Although I was terse as hell to you and maybe a little rude, because I didnt push the issue was prolly why I wasnt muted.

You prolly got muted the next time because your comments on ch 1 were incendiary but I wouldnt know about that.  I logged right after that exchange in anger  .

-Ding

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2001, 12:46:00 PM »
Your memory is very selective, and you choose to make up what I said rather than have acknowledged it. Other than calling you a dick, I said nothing else abrasive or otherwise containing name calling, vulgarities or anything along those lines. The rest of it was an argument based on the engagement which contained only facts. When someone called you a sore loser, I said "That's the thing of it.. neither of is lost."

But I guess it's a lost cause, Maverick had already stated the worst thing I said was dick and it was the only offensive thing I said.

The facts of the entire verbal exchange on ch1 are being distorted, despite 2 accounts already described by people there.

Choose what you want to believe, *I* have witnesses.
-SW

SwampRat

« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »

Originally posted by Dingy:
These are the type of incendiary comments which do nothing in the arena except exacerbate the situation.  Was it called for?  No.

Are we in the arena?  No

Is "WAAAAA" indicative of a 12yr old? Yes

Is beginning a reply with "WAAAAA" Constructive?  No

Here's something constructive.  Count to 10, then post.

SwampRat  

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2001, 12:51:00 PM »

Originally posted by Dingy:
These are the type of incendiary comments which do nothing in the arena except exacerbate the situation.  Was it called for?  No.

Will I resort to calling you a name?  No.

Im 34.  Now Swamprat, resist piling on if you dont have anything constructive to say  

-Ding

dick!!! lol
just kidding, but i think this shows just how funny the whole situation is.  HTC palllleeez lock this thread before it gets even more diluted.

SwampRat

« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2001, 12:56:00 PM »

Originally posted by SORE- loser:
dick!!! lol
just kidding, but i think this shows just how funny the whole situation is.  HTC palllleeez lock this thread before it gets even more diluted.

SwampRat  

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2001, 12:59:00 PM »
Ok, let me get this straight, AKwulfe calls dingy a dick cause he expects dingy (33rd SG) to congratuate him for shootin off dingy's rudder. akhog tells nuttz (33rd SG) he sucks after killin' him in a low and slow jug, and AKwabbit brings up an event that happend 6 or 8 months ago and one that I apologized publicly for and then proceeds to insult me now just on general principles.  Just so I understand your position here...your position is that AK's aren't immature, conflict startin' dweebs and deserving of respect by the rest of the community?   Ur kiddin' me right?

CRASH

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKSeaWulfe:
Your memory is very selective, and you choose to make up what I said rather than have acknowledged it. Other than calling you a dick, I said nothing else abrasive or otherwise containing name calling, vulgarities or anything along those lines. The rest of it was an argument based on the engagement which contained only facts. When someone called you a sore loser, I said "That's the thing of it.. neither of is lost."

But I guess it's a lost cause, Maverick had already stated the worst thing I said was dick and it was the only offensive thing I said.

The facts of the entire verbal exchange on ch1 are being distorted, despite 2 accounts already described by people there.

Choose what you want to believe, *I* have witnesses.
-SW

LOL!!  

So where is the confusion??  You try to congratulate me on what you think was a cool fight and I reply with a cold, "whatever". You preceed to push the issue with your facts then when I dont see your way, you resort to namecalling and get muted.

<shrug>

-Ding

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2001, 01:01:00 PM »
This whole thread is a bit sad.  First, and foremost, the topic implies there are folks, other than HTC who can mute players.

I must strongly assert that this is speculation.  As such, it should be viewed in that light.  Too many of you are making a mountain out of a mole hill, creating more speculation and feeding the monster.

I am not saying nor accusing anyone of anything here.  Last thing we need in this thread is more accusing and/or finger pointing.
Experience has taught me angry people will almost always say and/or do things they end up regretting once they cool down.

Let's not feed this fire anymore gasoline.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2001, 01:04:00 PM »
Wow crash.. with that kind of insight, you should write history books.  It doesn't really matter what was said, just how you rephrase it.

Keep saying it, eventually people will actually believe you.

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2001, 01:08:00 PM »

You try to congratulate me on what you think was a cool fight and I reply with a cold, "whatever".

Did he say "congradulations" or did he say "<S>"?  Salute doesn't mean congradulations.  You calously dismissed a salute... and I'm trying to think of any circumstance where that is NOT offensive.

AKDejaVu

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2001, 01:09:00 PM »
I'm amazed at your uncanny ability to yet again get the occurance of events out of order and referring to "resorting" to name calling.

I called you a dick, because after a compliment you gave me a reply that was worthy of my remark.

Would you have preferred sore loser? Perhaps crybaby? Maybe even whiner?

Fact of the matter is, you continued with your schviel long after I was muted and had left the game.

You can't decide to change how the events happened to suit you, I was there and so were others.
-SW

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2001, 01:13:00 PM »
Damnit (I can say that I hope)

I thought my kids were bad......

------------------
!!! Heater !!!

Shit Happens All The Time

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

[This message has been edited by Heater (edited 03-19-2001).]
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!