Author Topic: WW2OL Revisited  (Read 5964 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #255 on: September 26, 2002, 11:47:35 AM »
Hardcase, just a psychological note here: I'm assuming you hold some type of trainer or developer status over at WW2 online? Maybe a moderator?  This is usually the case when some viciously defends their current sim they're playing(irregardless of alleged bugs).  Just curious as to what you do over there besides play the sim.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #256 on: September 26, 2002, 11:49:41 AM »
historically atomic bombs werent part of the battle of france, were they?

:D

If your idea was to counter the arguement that wwiiol is in a fact a pos, so that others may try it (or stop them from "not trying it" based on the original review), bumping this thread cant be helpfully.

Lotsa guys saying its a pos and 2 fan bois throwin' alot of spin.

If I read this thread theres no way I would try it :p

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #257 on: September 26, 2002, 12:14:45 PM »
I was thinking the same thing yesterday, Wotan. I was basically thinking I would bump this thread everytime the discussion comes up- it will save the typing.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #258 on: September 26, 2002, 12:15:30 PM »
Wasn't that the intent of this thread?

hardcase

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #259 on: September 26, 2002, 12:18:13 PM »
'fanbois'

I've only defended the game against unreasonable arguments.
What does that make you?
You and few others in the thread are much worse behaving than the "fanbois".

If you think the game is bad, fine.. but why do you still need to nearly insult players of it and keep insisting it's crappiness beyond belief?
Are you perhaps trying to achieve something like that?
I *REALLY* don't see a sense in that.
Why not just leave it up to the players to decide whether they like it, instead of trying to convince everyone of the games crappiness before they even see or play it. (..even with unreasonable arguments, thats just low of you)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #260 on: September 26, 2002, 01:05:19 PM »
Oedipus I've played WWIIOL since it came out (couple months break in last spring) so maybe I know something about that game too.

It has bugs and some things I really don't like but it does work and usually it's quite fun to play too. Actually there was a time when all my flights with AH's perk-planes ended to CTDs or hard lock-ups but WWIIOL worked just fine. Those CTDs cost thousands of perkpoints for me and yes, it really pissed me off.
Anyway wwiiol has more "depth" than other games of the genre and I sure hope it can survive.

btw it's kinda amazing to see how people behave in this UBB; It looks even more childish than in wwiiol's board.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2002, 01:09:09 PM »
It looks even more childish than in wwiiol's board.

Not even close Staga, I still read that board and I read it before they closed down the old one. Dont try to spin that as well.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #262 on: September 26, 2002, 01:13:40 PM »
DIE HORSIE DIE!!!!
-SW

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #263 on: September 26, 2002, 01:24:56 PM »
No, Hardcase, that wasn't the intent of this thread. The original intent was one person giving other players his perspective of WWIIOL in its current iteration based on his personal observations. Problem is, there is this guy that keeps popping in here that won't allow an opinion to be expressed.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #264 on: September 26, 2002, 01:39:39 PM »
You mean you guys really think ppl should try it to find out if they like it or not and not trying to turn ppl off before they even look? That is great! Good to know you guys think some ppl might find it quite enjoyable.

hardcase

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #265 on: September 26, 2002, 01:40:17 PM »
Oedipus,

If you didn't notice, I especially meant  the unreasonable arguments, not all the arguments.

Most of your arguments are unreasonable and alot of them complete BS.

If you would make a scenario of certain era in AH/WB, you would have very limited amount of aircrafts in AH/WB as well.
WWIIOL might not have much planes, but it does have more ground units to offer.

In AH 1940 planes can fight against 1945 planes, thats why it has alot more to offer for you.

AH doesn't offer enough for me, but well, I don't need to rant about it.

Wotan,

You know, you're behaving like one of them :>

Kieran,

It becomes sad when people has to tell their opinion of WWIIOL in unconstructive manner.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #266 on: September 26, 2002, 01:49:10 PM »
Fishu, Hardcase, go back and play WWIIOl. It's blatantly obvious you are doing nothing here except... well, nothing.

People are playing AH because they want to. If someone comes to this BBS and reads Vulcan's opinion of WWIIOl, big whooptie diddlying doo. They read other people's opinion's of it, big whooptie diddlying doo.

If they WANT to try it out, they can... whoops, that's right, you have to buy the box first... so if they don't like it they get screwed up the doodoo shoot by the turd burglars that go by the moniker CRS.

Atleast our opinions are our opinions, we don't need you to come here and try to refute our opinions.

That's why you've earned the fanboy title, wear it proud or get the shreck outta here.
-SW

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #267 on: September 26, 2002, 01:52:33 PM »
AKSWulfe,

In AH BBS people earns wide range of titles if they don't agree with someone.

For some reason people in these boards tends to give immediatly different kind of titles to people when they have no better argument.

Anyway, I've left permanent foot mark of my presence in AH..
I began in first place to call them Knit's and Bishcuit's. ;)

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #268 on: September 26, 2002, 01:54:04 PM »
so if they don't like it they get screwed up the doodoo shoot by the turd burglars that go by the moniker CRS.

ahh..the intellect and common courtesy abounds.

So, you do agree that ppl should try it for themselves, say when a freebie shows up? They can d/l it for free and check out the stuff offline. Guess that 19.95 would keep you from buying that dream house. Maybe not others.

hardcase

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #269 on: September 26, 2002, 01:55:30 PM »
Fishu, the only reason I remember your handle is because you always come here to say how WW2Ol is so great.. then someone says somethings broke, then you refute with "but AH is in another way too"....

I don't come to the WWIIOl BBS and spew anything, in defense of AH or against WWIIOl.

Why can't you just... shreck off?
-SW