Author Topic: WW2OL Revisited  (Read 6048 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2002, 04:35:06 PM »
Comon hard let it die :) . You are not going to change any minds here by arguing about the finer points of damage models.

Best just to walk away from this one, but DO keep us updated on what revisions come out. I may be back especially if a new graphics engine is in the works. The fact that I threw away US$20 for the int'l signup should indicate we aren't completely closed minded.

My update was mean't as a quickie for the guys here - not to turn into a mass flaming. You notice I did mention it was the players that made it enjoyable? There was some positive in there you know.

p.s. I DID put you down as the friend that referred me when I signed up so make sure you get that free time :)

-vlcn-

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2002, 04:38:33 PM »
Because around the time AH went to open beta was when IEN started diddlying over there servers. It was sometime near Xmas I believe, the servers were offline for 2-3 days at times, I emailed IEN got no support. Then their net connection got hosed when the servers were up. Someone (Funked I think) told me about AH.... boom.... I was here. Then it was flat rate vs $2.00/hour. Boom.... I wasn't a WBer no more.

Originally posted by hardcase
BTW..why do you guys fly AH and not Warbirds?

hardcase

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2002, 04:39:51 PM »
You're right. I will post when freebies show up. I would think crs would be happy to show the new engine off. Thanks for the referral:)

hardcase

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2002, 05:29:21 PM »
Gameplay works fine for me and others..and taking 45 mins to get to a battle. Sorry, but that statements tells me you really didnt have a clue how to play. Sniping with the pistol, for all i know it is true. I will try it tonight. I don't know, but check the forums and no one is posting about it. For all i know, you got your clock cleaned by someone you weren't looking at. Stating opinion as fact only influences the weak minded.

hardcase

It is fact.  I said I sniped a few with my pistol and killed umm at long range and  others around me told me that. I also shot guys at a similiar range with a rifle and only damaged them. I could careless about gettin killed. If it was fun the bugs wouldnt matter. But like in ah I dont rationalize the bugs, or imply folks are lying, or blame the player. Theres bugs in ah and in il2. I still have fun in both.

Thats my opinion. If you dont like dont read it. Buts its accurate and correct. My fps are fine in the game and I didnt have the ctds my squad mate did. The only "problem" I had was over large cities when trying to dog fight the fps would all around.

If you like that game so much, play it. Why are ya worried about what a few guys in AH think.

I think SW summed it up........

No, but when someone comes here and tries to tell me something that looks like toejam, plays like toejam and is as slow as toejam isn't indeed toejam, then I feel the need to post here and remind them that toejam is toejam no matter what the few "good" aspects the toejam has.

That game is toejam ............

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2002, 05:51:17 PM »
For me personally untill CRS gives me back the $45.00 I paid for this piece of crap bit of software that they totally misrepresnted at time of purchase. They will never get another penny outta me. You guys that love it fine love it. For the rest of us that got ripped off I would join a class action suit in a heartbeat against these rip offs. I hope they enjoy my money and spend it well. Cause there aint no more coming from me. EVER!!
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2002, 06:04:56 PM »
Ahh, it begins again.
 Might want to talk to the publisher first.
Crs got about 5 bucks of that money.

amazinhunks and opinions.
Wotan, the game is not toejam

hc
« Last Edit: September 23, 2002, 06:15:11 PM by hardcase »

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2002, 06:15:47 PM »
sure it is and your missing it  right now..........

I'll check after the next upgrade and if still toejam I will say so. If it becomes a better game I will say so as well.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2002, 06:16:50 PM »
lol..not toejam

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2002, 06:21:44 PM »
Staga my childish rant is my attempt to communicate with HC since that seems to be the only mentality he is listening to.

He comes in here and says in one post that we all have our opions of WWIIO and they are all right then turns around the next post and bashes someone for expressing their dislike for WWIIO.

He is going to keep ranting about how good WWIIO is and how stupid people are for not getting it to work on their machines Completely ignoring the fact that a lot of people having problems running the game are Knowledgeable computer users.

He'll keep ranting on how there are no problems in WWIIO even though people show proof there is.

He's a Fanboy plain and simple!
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2002, 06:23:55 PM »
CRS could toejam on a cracker and tell Hardcase, "it's not toejam on a cracker."

Everyone else who knows better would say, "that's toejam on a cracker."

Hardcase would spend the rest of his life going over to each person's house trying to convice them it's not toejam on a cracker.

Opinions and amazinhunks, yeah... well I still know toejam when I see it, and WW2Ol, now that is some smelly festering toejam.
-SW

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2002, 06:29:51 PM »
When did i say there were no problems in ww2ol? Didnt say anyone was stupid for it not working on their machines. PPl say its toejam, I say its not.

Seems to work on mine,  worked on my 1.3,  worked on my p3700(althought not so hot a fps) Seems there are two camp...one..it will work on their computers. Other, it won't. Now if it works on some why wont it work on others? The sims fault?

wonder how many opinions are from the launch time. Wotan's isn't but he is wrong:D

Someone post something bad about AH on ww2ol's forums,I would expect ppl to show up saying it isnt so.

hardcase

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2002, 06:35:35 PM »
How about posting your systems specs, when you last played, how long you played so that I will pay some attention to opinions about ww2ol. For all i know, some of you guys havent played since the launch.

Since someoone may read about it in here and decide not to bother with it, i guess I will always pop in to at least try to get critics to say more than their unsupported stuff.

Guess I am in good company in ww2ol

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2002, 06:37:33 PM »
HC wrote:
Seems to work on mine, worked on my 1.3, worked on my p3700(althought not so hot a fps) Seems there are two camp...one..it will work on their computers. Other, it won't. Now if it works on some why wont it work on others? The sims fault?

Hell yes it could be the sims fault!!

Jeez! You keep going back to the same crap excuse that since yours works it must be the other peoples machine and NOT the crappy program!!

There is a third camp: Ones that got it to work on their computers and found out they were screwed so they left and don't want to hear Fanboys rant about a company and program that aren't worth the smell off toejam.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2002, 06:43:22 PM »
posting your systems specs,

Should be irrelevant, but I forgot... with CRS, the advertised specs are insufficient.

Buy mo' RAM!

Buy mo' CPU!

Buy mo' video!

etc...

You can pay attention to my opinion of WW2Ol, like I pay attention to yours... the game is a bug ridden cess pool, the fact that it takes so much to get going, is still very much incomplete and has more problems than a mental ward...

that should be indication that it ain't the end user, or their PC...

Concept is excellent, implementation is... appaulingly poor.

You like it great... I hate it. So do many others here. When did they have the real release date scheduled? And I'm serious, because even if they pushed it back a year... they'd still only be this far...

and even at that, I guarantee you the networking still would of been screwed just like it was at the time of launch.

They've done a lot to get it further along than it was at launch, but that still isn't saying much considering it's still a long way away from almost complete.
-SW

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2002, 06:43:33 PM »
Now, c'mon Hard, that just doesn't happen. I've been there when people bash AH, and I've never seen anyone really defend it. As I've said before, the AH players know better than to jump into the other school's playground, pointing fingers and yelling, "Liar!" It would be a useless exercise.

It doesn't really matter to me why you and Fishu care so much about what people think about WWIIOL- but you have to admit, whenever things are pointed out you guys are quick to minimize those faults, or deflect back to AH. AH might be flawed, but as far as I can tell no one is talking about AH, not even in comparison (at least I don't).

Take my last post to you. You asked about serious damage model issues, and I pointed out two. You minimized the first and said the second should be fixed in the next patch. Someone mentioned being shot by a pistol while in a tank, I commented that was a well-known exploit, and Fishu started talking about AH. What is the intended effect of these comments if not to minimze what everyone here is seeing?

I have absolutely no problems *at* *all* with anyone that likes WWIIOL and dislikes AH. Having played 7 months or so of WWIIOL qualifies me (I believe, perhaps erroneously) to an informed opinion. I find some things so disjarring as to yank me out of suspension of disbelief. You don't have to agree these things should or should not have this effect, but they do.