Author Topic: For Apache's spamalot problem CEXX.org  (Read 177 times)

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
For Apache's spamalot problem CEXX.org
« on: December 26, 2001, 12:52:00 PM »
Long Time no talk AH community, Happy Holidays to all.

I sometimes lurk and came across Apache's problem... (also noted HT's new pricing and pay in advance plan; pretty good deal. WTG HITECH)

CEXX.org is a counter exploitation site that has one of the best link pages for this information on the web.

Note the site itself is limited but links like SpuTools  etc.. are very powerful in tracking down spammers, your recourse with the spammers and the laws pertaining to such...

By no means is this all the info out there but its a good start for some of you by the lack of accurate information that some of you who posted in apache's thread..

my personal opinion Apache is that you have little to no legal recourse since you posted your email here in the BB system which by law is public information note we have congress for their lax effort on cybertheft crime and other BS to thank for that..  Write your congresman we need a bill to be implemented.  

My suggestion is that you track the individual get his provider and file a complaint with that Admin.  Most likely his actions violated the terms of service contract with his ISP and is subject to termination.  Not to say that he wont just get another ISP but way I see it he inconvienenced you the least you could do to him is waste some of his time...(the idiot who did this to you seems low tech so tracking him shouldn't be a problem)

On to a personal horror story I had some jackal try to siphon money out of my checking card account thru some vendor i deal with online to buy computer equipment.  Now the sucker was caught but the time wasted for me to clear my name was brutal not to mention the BIG Three Credit agencies i had to fight to get the blemishes off my record..  

So my advice to you all is to get educated and protect yourself.

Note this post is for your informational purposes only  please restrict your flame throwers for something less important..

Regards,

DoctorYO
(FreeBSD Warlord and hunter of all spamming vermin)