Author Topic: Channel 1 situation  (Read 514 times)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2002, 04:42:38 PM »
Hate to burst your bubble Shane, but just cuz somebody is a CM doesnt give them mute powers in the MA.  The SEA is a different story though.  Why dont you come over there and rant so I can mute ya?  :D

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2002, 04:55:21 PM »
Originally posted by sling322
Hate to burst your bubble Shane, but just cuz somebody is a CM doesnt give them mute powers in the MA.  The SEA is a different story though.  Why dont you come over there and rant so I can mute ya?  :D

so tell me... do you have mute powers in the CT? do your powers cross over into the CT? did they ever? has that changed perhaps?

during an event in SEA, as a CM you're quite within your authority to mute. i have no idea why HBlair had any CM abilities in the CT, unless it was an artifact of him being on the CM team for special events, i.e. the wild wednesdays and stuff, or perhaps as an assistance to the CT staff in helping set up settings and stuff, and even if he was CT staff, it can in no way comapre to special events. quite simply, he tried to play 800lb chimp and make a boo-boo in the way he thought he could deal with what was happening... which was very minor, really. he was just "annoyed" with me for calling a few lamer gangers lamer gangers.

no bubble burst, except maybe the assumption bubble you tried to float into this on?

:)

and fwiw, when it comes to scenarios, i'm much more laid back because the gameplay and design is totally different than the MA, or even the CT. totally different beasts.

as for your little "challenge" i'll pass, and take the opportunity to call you a chimp right here where you're powerless to do anything about it. bwahahahaha.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2002, 05:05:00 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Re: Channel 1 situation
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2002, 05:04:19 PM »
I am so glad when I get the chance to read channel 1.   Sometimes I just sit in the tower to read it so I will not be distracted from it.  When I do have to fly, sometimes I fly with the large text buffer open so I do not miss one single comment.

I wasn't sure what to think about President Clinton or gun control, but now that I can listen to AH channel 1, I feel much more informed.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2002, 05:41:42 PM »
As far as I know, CM powers only exist in the SEA.  I know that's how mine work.  If Hblair has mute powers elsewhere then that is his business and that is between he and HTC.  He was on the CT staff at one point, so maybe thats why he had those powers.

I do know that there have been times when I wished somebody would mute you in the MA...or at least give ya a warning.  You dont always have to be an ass, ya know?  It seems that you just enjoy doing that all the time.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2002, 05:56:22 PM »
I do know that there have been times when I wished somebody would mute you in the MA...or at least give ya a warning.  You dont always have to be an ass, ya know?  It seems that you just enjoy doing that all the time.

cm/ct staff  interchangable when it comes to the powers they have or had.

lol, i'm not always an ass.... but i'll never hesitate to call out lameness when i see it.

why don't you go after the people who jump in and egg me on? aiding and abetting and all that, yanno? i'm usually...

"lamer gangers - go learn some acm" then all sorts of lamers jump in at that point, so i just slap 'em down. not my fault they keep coming for more.  :)

there are only a few people i'll needle for the pure pleasure of needling... voss and whels come to mind as well as a few other leg-humping poodles.

besides, why whine about it, why not simply type /.squelch shane, or even just mentally ignore what doesn't concern you? or is that too much to expect from a chimp?

:D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2002, 06:06:58 PM by Shane »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2002, 06:44:59 PM »
Originally posted by Shane

cm/ct staff  interchangable when it comes to the powers they have or had.
[/b]

Not true.  The CT staff and the CM team are two separate entities.

lol, i'm not always an ass.... but i'll never hesitate to call out lameness when i see it.[/b]

And what exactly does this do to help keep channel 1 civil?  More and more I read about how guys that try the game leave because of the channel 1 drivel.  You dont have to spam channel 1 and insult everybody you shoot down.  Maybe practice a little restraint from time to time....besides it keeps the bandwidth down.  :D

or is that too much to expect from a chimp?

:D [/B]

Chimp, eh?  Why am I not surprised by the personal attack?  :rolleyes:

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2002, 06:56:36 PM »
Wow!  -and I thought it was just Lazs and I who argued. :)

Yes I do notice a degree of trash talk on Ch1. My only complaint is that is causes important messages (like my kill credits - LOL!) to scroll off too soon. Otherwise it's just rolling around, and it doesn't bother me. But I personally blame the futility furballers. They are the root of all evil in this sim. ;)

Ripsnort! "Asses High"?  That sounded perilously close to "amazinhunks High".  Maybe you can reply to my email sometime. :cool:

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2002, 07:25:20 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
during an event in SEA, as a CM you're quite within your authority to mute. i have no idea why HBlair had any CM abilities in the CT, unless it was an artifact of him being on the CM team for special events, i.e. the wild wednesdays and stuff, or perhaps as an assistance to the CT staff in helping set up settings and stuff, and even if he was CT staff, it can in no way comapre to special events. quite simply, he tried to play 800lb chimp and make a boo-boo in the way he thought he could deal with what was happening... which was very minor, really. he was just "annoyed" with me for calling a few lamer gangers lamer gangers.

:) Funny stuff.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Channel 1 situation
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2002, 07:42:37 PM »
Originally posted by hblair

snip
Keeping them all squelched just isn't really practical, and I like to use channel one too much to squelch the whole channel.

Input?

As others have pointed out, a permanent squelch feature would be a practical help. Its someting we always wanted at AW and never got.

One thing that early iterations of AW *did* have that would also help was a range limit to the radio - you would only see radio text from people within so many sectors of your position.

That's also a "feature" that would help in this respect, and its practical in that it goes hand in hand with gameplay - you can still communicate with anyone who you might be actually interacting with in the game.

culero (yeah, I know nobody wants to hear about AW, just sayin)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2002, 07:47:25 PM »
You dont have to spam channel 1 and insult everybody you shoot down.  

i don't.  shows what you know.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2002, 07:48:48 PM »
Originally posted by hblair
Funny stuff.

and quite true.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Channel 1 situation
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2002, 08:18:22 PM »
What possibly started as a good thread has pretty quickly turned into a mud slinging contest. No reason to let the wound fester.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com