Author Topic: Minister Louis Farrakhan  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2002, 01:02:48 PM »
Premise: You have a super-set of Muslims.  This set contains all Muslims from Muhammed Ali to Osama bin-Laden.

Premise: You have a sub-set of that super-set called Muslim extremists.

Statement: Muslim extremists are a threat to the US.

Conclusion: Because Muslim extremists are a threat to the US, all Muslims are a threat to the US.

The above is a false agruement based on poor reasoning.  Specifically, inductive reasoning.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2002, 01:27:12 PM »
Is it true most muslims in the Africa, the middle east and greater Asia support the use of force (terror) against the western world?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2002, 01:35:23 PM »
Geez, I would like to see some polls on that question.  Off to google, but I'm not expecting much luck.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2002, 01:39:10 PM »
Here are some numbers.

Looks pretty split.  These are by nation, not by population.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2002, 01:40:20 PM »
Here are some numbers.

Looks pretty split.  These are by nation, not by population.

http://www.arabbankers.org/my/download/123800_c_sU127360_s_i151442/10NationsSummary.pdf

Only the Saudis don't actually like the American people.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2002, 01:44:49 PM by Thrawn »

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member

Offline MrOrange

• Zinc Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2002, 01:58:26 PM »
Is this all you have an online poll?  Is this how you form opinions?  We seen it once how you love to quote and hyper-link yer arse off as if it's the gospel truth.  Only to eat the big poop sandwich when someone who actually had an informed opinion contended that you didn't have a clue what you were talking about.

Would be nice to hear your thoughts for once instead of taking someone elses as your own.

Just an FYI, higher education does not icome from a Google search.

just in

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SAT OCT 26, 2002 13:09:48 ET XXXXX

Farrakhan addresses sniper arrest

Who: Louis Farrakhan
What: Press Conference to address Washington, D.C. sniper case
When: Saturday, Oct. 26, 2002 at 3 p.m. (C.S.T.) (4 p.m. Eastern)
Where: Mosque Maryam, 7351 Stony Island Ave., Chicago, Ill.

CHICAGO (FinalCall.com)--The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan will hold a press conference today to address the Washington, D.C., sniper case and the arrest of suspect John Allen Williams, a.k.a. John Allen Muhammad. The press conference will be held at 3 p.m. (C.S.T.) at Mosque Maryam, 7351 Stony Island Ave., Chicago, Ill.

Tape delayed audio/video webcast will follow press conference. For more information, log on to FinalCall.com.

Developing...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2002, 02:07:29 PM by MrOrange »

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2002, 02:09:58 PM »
Hmmm... looks like Thrawn was collecting information on opinions other than his own, MrOrange.
sand

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2002, 01:12:44 AM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Well, just went to the US Army's and the Nation of Islam's official websites.  And guess what neither has made an official press release about the "sniper".

I wonder why that is?  I imagine it's because neither organisation feel responsible for his diddlying actions.

Rip, Eagler, funked...I'm so sick of you left-wing rutabagas.  It's always someone elses fault.  Blame the parent, blame the school, blame the religion.  But oh no!  Don't blame the criminal.  Its never THIER fault.

That's the problem with society these days, NO PERSONAL RESPONSIBLITY, and bleeding heart liberals like you guys are the reason.  Always willing to blame someone else!

ROFL!!!

It's always the liberal's fault...always.  ;)
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2002, 01:47:07 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Isn't it ironic that those who seem to be the most staunch defenders of Islam in this thread (liberals) would be the first to be killed/repressed if Islam were to become the national religion here as in so many middle eastern nations? Or is it just me?

It's just you.

You really don't know personally many muslems, do you?
If you dd you'd realize that they are just as horrified as you are about the terrorist killings. Islam is a religion of peace. No where in the koran does it preach killing innocent people. It says to forgive and let God do the judgement. There is a section in the Koran that does say that when at war, one must struggle against his enemies, but the moment the enemy repents and asks for forgiveness, it is a muslim's duty to forgive.
Too many anti-muslims have taken that 'War' passage out of context and have posted only a partial passage (leaving out the 'when at war part').
There is a passage the muslim terrorist take out of context also. It is wrong to commit suicide. It is ok to die in battle and if one sacrifices oneself in battle he/she will be martyr'd.
Sorry, but to fly a plane carrying innocent civillians to kill innocent civilians is not to die in battle but to commit suicide. They will not be spending time in their heaven.
As a US citizen, I fear more my fellow citizens than an overseas Muslim terrorist.
I'll give some examples:
Oklahoma Federal Building.
101 California street.
San Ysidro.
Dallas Cafe.
Texas Tower.
Zodiak Killer.
Night stalker.
Ted Bundy.
Son of Sam.
Charles Manson.
Arsonists.
Lynchings.
Etc.
I think it would be safe that none of those killers were muslim extremists.
Do not get me wrong as I am not saying there is not a fringe extremist minority of 'muslims' (they are not true muslims) that want to harm innocent US civillians as there are. Painting most muslims as hate mongering, blood thirsty, anti-American terrorists for what a fanatical small fraction do is just plain wrong and being prejudiced. Just saying that the average american has to fear dying from his/her fellow citizen rather than from someone overseas. Heck let's not even get started by those idiots that can't even drive safely or properly.
I'd like you anti-muslim people just add up all the 'muslim' terrorists you know of and devide that number from the muslim population. That terrorist (include all the suicide bombers, hijackers, hostage takers, etc.) group turns out to be quite a small percentage of the whole muslim population. Hope you see that. BTW, that 'muslim' you see in the US wearing a turban usually will be Sikh or Hindu, not muslim.
Please stop with the prejudice as it is plain stupid and very un-christian.

Regards,
SaburoS
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2002, 02:47:40 AM »
I tell you guys: you better watch out for all the terrorists who murder in the name of non theism.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2002, 04:51:21 AM »
Amen, Brother Santa!
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2002, 08:24:43 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS

It's just you.

You really don't know personally many muslems, do you?

I know and have personally known a few. Other than their contempt for women (yes observed first hand) I'd agree that they were regular peace loving folks. However, most of those were US citizens and I think not typical of the majority of muslims found in other parts of the world, could be wrong about this but I don't think so.

However, I stand by my claim that they are not tolerant of infidels, that'd be many of you liberals and I think you might found yourself between a rock and a hard place in a strictly muslim nation, say like Afghanistan a couple of years ago. Especially those that insisted on freedom of speech. Care to argue this point?

Please feel free to prove me wrong perhaps by going to Pakistan and starting an equal rights for women campaign there. I'll take odds on your life expectancy. You succeed and I'll gladly admit to being prejudiced. Otherwise STFU.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2002, 12:23:34 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron

I know and have personally known a few. Other than their contempt for women (yes observed first hand) I'd agree that they were regular peace loving folks. However, most of those were US citizens and I think not typical of the majority of muslims found in other parts of the world, could be wrong about this but I don't think so.

However, I stand by my claim that they are not tolerant of infidels, that'd be many of you liberals and I think you might found yourself between a rock and a hard place in a strictly muslim nation, say like Afghanistan a couple of years ago. Especially those that insisted on freedom of speech. Care to argue this point?

Please feel free to prove me wrong perhaps by going to Pakistan and starting an equal rights for women campaign there. I'll take odds on your life expectancy. You succeed and I'll gladly admit to being prejudiced. Otherwise STFU.

Wow such an intelligent retort. Are normally this ignorant and prejudice or are you just making an exception in this case. Your blanket portrayal of peoples you can only guess at in your warped thinking is really quite astounding. It is people like you espousing hate and prejudice based on ignorance that are mostly responsible for the terror going on. You chew on that awhile.

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2002, 05:02:10 AM »
Originally posted by OIO
"TODAY - Islamic extremists are deadlier than Christian extremists by 10,000x to anyone but another muslim"

till they run out of non-muslims and then they'll go after those with the shortest beards or the ugliest wives.

You know, like the Inquisition? ;)

I wasn't expecting the spanish inquisition! :D

Daniel