Author Topic: Minister Louis Farrakhan  (Read 2007 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2002, 05:39:24 AM »
Daniel - No-one was expecting the Spanish Inquisition!

I saw this wall in France a few weeks ago.

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2002, 06:59:53 AM »
I think it's very dangerious to make a sweeping statement like "All Moslims are dangerious to the US" I don't think this could ever be further from the truth. The Nation of Islam is a peace loving nation. Real moslims are jolly nice people IMO. The problem is the extreamists. They are the foaks like Osama and all the rest. People who read the religious books and texts and interpret them in a way that is less desirable. I am currently sitting next to a moslem guy and he is a really nice guy.

My main problem is that some Moslims see the extremists as representing "Real Islam" Unfortunatly where I am the impresionable young folk who are of the age of about 16-20 see and so some level imbrace people like Osama and the things he does.

The thing I happen to notice about extreamists is that 98% of them only have about 2% of the facts so are effectivly blindly following something that they don't really understand. The dangerious thing is that they will follow this so blindly that they will sacrifice anything to service this cause.

What Thrawn was saying about no personal responsability I agree with to some level. Although you also have to agree that if a person is going round blowing up buildings in the name of islam and ultimatly for a group of people. The blame does not totaly lie at the feet of the bomber.

Personaly My view on September the 11th was a total tradgidy and a horrific act. The same goes for the Bali Bombing. But it was also a total tradgidy for the Islamic and Hindu Cultures. Now anybody who follows these Faith or even originates from that part of the world is suspected and to some extent now is being persicuted in one way or another because some factions in the west are again, uninformed and take action based on fantisy not fact. This is wrong.

Personaly I think we have to do whatever it takes to remove the threat of extreamists and terrorists from our fair world. Not because of there beliefs but because of there potential actions.

Being British and living near an area where we have a large Moslim population I see what people like Osama and the other extreamists cause. On September 12th 2001 Young Moslims in cars drove up and down my College car park holding newspapers up to the windows shouting and chearing. Nothing was done.

This is just my opinion and I don't want to offend anybody. Other people will have differing views and opinions. I will except yours and I ask you to respect mine. I am not trying to tell anybody what to think or do. It's just my observation.

God Save us all

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2002, 07:53:33 AM »
Originally posted by SaburoS

Wow such an intelligent retort. Are normally this ignorant and prejudice or are you just making an exception in this case. Your blanket portrayal of peoples you can only guess at in your warped thinking is really quite astounding. It is people like you espousing hate and prejudice based on ignorance that are mostly responsible for the terror going on. You chew on that awhile.

Like so many, when you can't refute an argument you resort to name calling. Where do you see hate or ignorance in my posts? I treat women with respect and have never bombed anyone. Crawl back into your hole.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2002, 08:24:06 AM »
I won't leave it alone. My original post pointed out the irony of the liberal left in the US being staunch defenders of Islam. They seem to assume they are the only ones that care about the rights of minorities. I pointed out that their tolerance of diversity would likely be squelched one way or another should the US become a Muslim nation.

Of course this is speculation but is based on observation of Muslim nations around the world. Tell me that most Muslim nations allow complete freedom of religion including evangelical Christianity and I'll ask you to name them. Freedom of religion was in fact the reason this country was founded. Muslim nations could not be more different.

Where's the ignorance? You're the one Saburo that is so filled with venom, are you Muslim?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2002, 09:21:49 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Tell me that most Muslim nations allow complete freedom of religion including evangelical Christianity and I'll ask you to name them.

Malaysia

http://www.geographia.com/malaysia/kualalumpur.html

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2002, 10:04:10 AM »
Betown, your quote of my post were I say that, "All Muslims are a threat to the US.", is taken out of context.

I state in the following sentence that the statement that, "All Muslims are a threat to the US." is FALSE, as it is based on inductive reasoning.

I stand by my post about personal responsibility.  Although I admit I did take some liberties with the style.  As, I wished to use satire to point out the hypocracy of some of the people on this board.

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2002, 10:09:25 AM »
Thanx for your time to reply thrawn,
                Although the part of my text was to point out my feelings on your post 90% of it was actualy based on my observation of other folk around me. A lot of people dislike or are paranoied about the Islamics now because of the Sept 11 and Bali etc. Islamics have been given the name of war going faniatical people and that as I am sure you know not the case.

Thanx Again

BT

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2002, 10:11:31 AM »
Islam could use a good PR company.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2002, 10:16:17 AM »
I  honestly do not believe most in this thread think all of Islam is "evil" as Thrawn likes to paint with a wide brush...  Its my belief that Farrakans bunch does to the Islamic community what the Jerry Fahwells, the Jim Bakers do to Christianity.

Incidently, Farrakan plans to make a public announcement, haven't heard if he has yet or not...

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2002, 10:32:34 AM »
Its my belief that Farrakans bunch does to the Islamic community what the Jerry Fahwells, the Jim Bakers do to Christianity.

What, dilute it?

Sorry Rip, but that is just too tempting :D

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2002, 10:36:04 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
I  honestly do not believe most in this thread think all of Islam is "evil" as Thrawn likes to paint with a wide brush...  

Oh, I'm not the one that like painting with a wide brush.  My brush is painting just the people that think Islam in and of itself is the problem.

Its my belief that Farrakans bunch does to the Islamic community what the Jerry Fahwells, the Jim Bakers do to Christianity.

I'm not that familiar with Farrakan.  

Incidently, Farrakan plans to make a public announcement, haven't heard if he has yet or not...

That should be interesting.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2002, 10:38:24 AM »
My original post pointed out the irony of the liberal left in the US being staunch defenders of Islam.

Staunch defenders of Islam, or staunch defenders of religious freedom? What's ironic is that some of you dismiss the first amendment as not pertaining to those who pratice "non Christian" religions, yet nowhere in the First Amendment does it say anything about Christian religions only.

I guess the conservatives have their pet amendments- the second, for instance- and the liberals have their favorite amendments like the first. The ones we like we quote and the ones we don't like we dismiss as being outdated, but I think the framers of the Constitution weren't as concerned whether we were liberal or conservative as much as they were concerned with having ALL our rights protected by the Bill of Rights.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2002, 12:12:54 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead

Staunch defenders of Islam, or staunch defenders of religious freedom?

Staunch defenders of Islam. Lefties seem to have little tolerance for the religious right if they happen to be Christian.

My point (seems to have been missed by you) was that you defend those where when in the large majority or where they are in control of a nation, Saudia Arabia, Pakistan, Iran for example, would not afford you the same freedom you enjoy when they are not the controlling authority. May be you have no sense of irony?

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2002, 12:48:29 PM »
Staunch defenders of Islam. Lefties seem to have little tolerance for the religious right if they happen to be Christian

Can't speak for all liberals, but I don't support any religious right,  wether they are Christian, Jew or Muslim.

There are plenty of followers of these religions that are tolerant people.  They go about worshiping thier God without trying to impose their religious beliefs on others.  And as long as that is the case then I don't see a problem.  It's when they go around diddlying with other peoples lives that a problem occures.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2002, 12:54:45 PM »
Midnight and Thrawn..........

What is your viewpoint as to the cause of 9/11 and similar acts against American interests working back to 93?