Author Topic: Minister Louis Farrakhan  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2002, 12:59:18 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
Midnight and Thrawn..........

What is your viewpoint as to the cause of 9/11 and similar acts against American interests working back to 93?

who cares?

I'd rather ask my 2year grand daughter her opinion on it ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2002, 01:10:01 PM »
Midnight and Thrawn..........

What is your viewpoint as to the cause of 9/11 and similar acts against American interests working back to 93?

Causes?  There's a crapload.

Who is responsible?  They guys who carried out the acts and those with foreknowledge aided and abetted them.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2002, 01:10:08 PM »
I'm only curious....all I ever see them do is counter punch.

It's easy to level criticism....I wondered if they held a stance or were just throwin stones cause it's free.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2002, 01:10:12 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron

Staunch defenders of Islam. Lefties seem to have little tolerance for the religious right if they happen to be Christian.

My point (seems to have been missed by you) was that you defend those where when in the large majority or where they are in control of a nation, Saudia Arabia, Pakistan, Iran for example, would not afford you the same freedom you enjoy when they are not the controlling authority. May be you have no sense of irony?

I defend their RIGHTS, yes- among those rights I defend is their right to freedom of religion. The irony is that it requires constitutional guarantees to freely express ones spiritual beliefs.
I'm just convinced most followers of Islam are here for a better life for themselves, not to destroy us, and I'm proud we live in a society that has a built in seperation of Church and State. Who would want to change that?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2002, 01:35:43 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead

I'm proud we live in a society that has a built in seperation of Church and State. Who would want to change that?

Do you mean besides those so called extreme Muslims? Like the ones that took over Afghanistan and occupy so much of the Middle East?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2002, 02:06:26 PM »

Like so many, when you can't refute an argument you resort to name calling. Where do you see hate or ignorance in my posts? I treat women with respect and have never bombed anyone. Crawl back into your hole.

You're proving my points of your being ignorant and hateful. Your very posts prove my points. Just for you I will point them out for you (I doubt you'll get them because you're just too ignorant (or shall we say stupid now?). Awe did I hurt your wittle feewings? Here's a tissue.
OK are you ready now? Please read carefully and TRY to comprehend what I'm saying.
It is people like you that wish to label WHOLE GROUPS OF PEOPLE because it seems you can't deal with more than one concept or ideal within any one group. It is based on your ignorance (or stupidity) to classify a whole groups for specific examples:
Lefties
Muslims
I see you no different than the extremists that supported the WTC attacks and YOUR views of muslims. One fact is clear, you don't know the avg muslim. The ignorant extremists who flew those planes killing innocent civillians (American, British, etc) viewed all americans as evil. Their supporters also see the same thing. Ignorance, won't you agree? I see you making the same blanket statements here about muslims. You seem to think that most muslims happen to be terrorists.

I won't leave it alone. My original post pointed out the irony of the LIBERAL LEFT in the US being staunch defenders of Islam. They seem to assume they are the only ones that care about the rights of minorities. I pointed out that their TOLERANCE of diversity would likely be squelched one way or another should the US become a Muslim nation.

There you go with labeling again. You seem to be either uncomfortable with dealing with individuals, accuracy, and/or the truth. You seem to have a need to group things so it makes it easier for you. LOL and you preach about tolerance. You ARE funny.

Staunch defenders of Islam. Lefties seem to have little tolerance for the religious right if they happen to be Christian.

LOL, there's that 'lefty' label again. Are you inferring that your Christian? LOL. I don't see many good christian traits in your posts in this thread. We can go over them if you wish but I don't want to cloud the present issue for you. You seem to have trouble with it.

Isn't it ironic that those who seem to be the most staunch defenders of Islam in this thread (liberals) would be the first to be killed/repressed if Islam were to become the national religion here as in so many middle eastern nations? Or is it just me?

There you go again. You seem to have a 'hard on' for liberals. The same label. Ironic how you complain of 'name calling' yet can't see your own posts.

I do know from observation of said middle eastern nations that tolerance of those unwilling to embrace religion (particularly theirs) is somewhat lacking. I also know that those who spout their ideals the loudest (liberals imo) draw attention more quickly. I also know that Islam is growing rapidly in western cultures. I'm not saying the sky is falling, just noting the irony.

What observation? LOL. There you go with the 'liberal' label again. And of course it's your opinion. I'd hate for it to be everyone's opinion.
See how this works? Notice I am not blaming everyone here. I am not classifying a group. I am calling you based on your posts.

I know and have personally known a few. Other than their contempt for women (yes observed first hand) I'd agree that they were regular peace loving folks. However, most of those were US citizens and I think not typical of the majority of muslims found in other parts of the world, could be wrong about this but I don't think so.

Your last sentence above prove my point of your ignorance and prejudice. You THINK you know but you really don't.
There is more to being a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc than labeling oneself as such.

Now you go figure it out if you can.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2002, 02:36:37 PM »
Liberal is a self imposed label Saburo as is leftist, one that many take pride in. It is not intended nor perceived as derogatory.

Even though I never said it out right, I will say now that based on my observations most middle eastern Muslims repress women and religions other than Islam in their countries. They have also overthrown governments and instated Islamic governments where tolerance was no longer in their dicitionaries. I'll spell two of them out for you, Iran and Afghanistan. I noticed you never refuted this but simply resorted to name calling.

If you have nothing further to offer then I'll simply ignore your assinine posts. Why don't you strap some bombs to your body and fly home to Allah.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2002, 04:39:22 PM »
They have also overthrown governments and instated Islamic governments where tolerance was no longer in their dicitionaries. I'll spell two of them out for you, Iran and Afghanistan. I noticed you never refuted this but simply resorted to name calling.

Didn't the Taliban receive support from the U.S. in the belief that an oppressive government was better than the anarchy that prevailed?
sand

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2002, 04:52:53 PM »
Could be, I don't know. I do know that it was primarily Pakistan that supported the Taliban in gaining control of Afghanistan. And yes, there was anarchy. Did the Taliban make things better when they had the chance? All I saw was heavy religious oppression and training grounds for anti-american/western activity so I say no.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2002, 04:56:23 PM »
I'm only curious....all I ever see them do is counter punch.

It's easy to level criticism....I wondered if they held a stance or were just throwin stones cause it's free.

WHAT!?

I'm sorry Rude, but I have taken more than my share of stances on this BBS, and I have never been one to snipe at the subject from afar. If I were there wouldn't be so many in here thinking that I am some sort of commie simp just this side of Stalin.

My stance on this subject is pretty darn clear. People who say all of Islam is bad are just stupid. I plan on pointing that out as often as necessary.

As to my opinion on the causes, does it matter? I mean, the terrorists think they have a valid reason for doing this dreadful act. This doesn't make the reason valid to sane preople, just valid to the terrorists.

I personally feel that the perpetrators were probably fooled by rhetoric and promises from Bin Laden and his cronies into doing these dreadful deads. People like Bin Laden are nothing more than power hungry wannabees. There are psychos on both sides of every issue. The sane people in the middle tend to pay the price.

And Eagler, maybe you should ask your 2 year old... you might learn something.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2002, 05:01:52 PM »
Could be wrong about this, but didn't most western countries support the Taliban, when they first came to power.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2002, 05:05:03 PM »
and Iron,

There is nothing ironic about supporting the freedoms of people who would take those freedoms away.

The ACLU fought for the right of the American Nazi Party to march in Skokie Illinois. Do you think the Nazi's would support the ACLU if they were to come into power?

Free speech, freedom of Religion etc. are not predicated on what your speech or religion may be. Freedoms are freedoms... period.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2002, 05:07:06 PM »
Look, in what countries will you find the death penalty for converting to Christianity. How about Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt and Sudan.

Is it Islam or just the middle east?

While other middle eastern countries may allow Christians to coexist it isn't without persecution. Why aren't you liberals speaking out against this if you stand so tall for religous freedom?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2002, 05:12:18 PM »
Look, in what countries will you find the death penalty for converting to Christianity. How about Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt and Sudan.

Is it Islam or just the middle east?

While other middle eastern countries may allow Christians to coexist it isn't without persecution. Why aren't you liberals speaking out against this if you stand so tall for religous freedom?

OK,

I'm against the death penalty for converting your religion. So?

If this were an Islamic law, then the Malaysia would have the same law wouldn't it? hmmmmm? So would Pakistan... right?

just askin.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Minister Louis Farrakhan
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2002, 05:14:11 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
and Iron,

There is nothing ironic about supporting the freedoms of people who would take those freedoms away.

The ACLU fought for the right of the American Nazi Party to march in Skokie Illinois. Do you think the Nazi's would support the ACLU if they were to come into power?

Free speech, freedom of Religion etc. are not predicated on what your speech or religion may be. Freedoms are freedoms... period.

I can appreciate that Target, however, they didn't fight for the Nazi's during WWII did they?