Author Topic: Reperations..........  (Read 2784 times)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Reperations..........
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2002, 12:42:08 PM »
Reparations for Vanilla Ice would be fair.

As far as the rest of it:
The federal government already has a massive system to confiscate our money and give it to them.  If they want more they can kiss my ass.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Reperations..........
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2002, 12:48:31 PM »
Hell, I demand reparations for being enslaved by the federal government.  Sonsasqueakes confiscate 30 to 40% of my income before I even see it.  That means I'm their N-word about 4 months out of every year.  I've been working since I was 16, so that makes 5 years of reparations the bastards owe me.  Tell Mr. Cochrane to email me at oj@slashedem.com and I'll give him the address to send the checks to.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2002, 12:52:25 PM »
I don't know where the hell it goes but the various governments are getting more of my money than me.

Income tax: %29
Self Employment tax: %15
State sales tax: %8.25 (of most purchases)
Property tax: %4

Total: %56

(yeah, maybe I shouldn't do my own taxes)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
Reperations..........
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2002, 12:57:04 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
I dont think this reparations thing will get anywhere, however I do find the idea intrguing as I am Slavic - my people were enslaved so much throught history the very institution of slavery was named after us.  So all you bastiges owe me some money, now..... :D

Does this have something to do w/them YUGO's we brought over here? I think most where set free....

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2002, 12:57:19 PM »
Dago: Hitler wanted an issue to rally the German people, he held up the Jews as the cause of all the problems facing Germany in the late 30s, early 40s.  Its not the issue itself, but rather give the people a scapegoat or greedy rallying cry.
 And he succeeded spectacularly - from a jail went all the way to undisputed and beloved dictator of one of the most powerfull countries of the world.

Jackson, Faracon and Sharpton do exactly the same.

Why doesnt the Black community rise up and tell them to crawl back into their holes?
 You've just answered your own question - they use strategy that works.

Why don't they choose leaders who have good hearts and will serve the communities of Black citizens instead of their own selfish desires?
 You do not suggest that american "diversity" is smarter or wiser than germans of 1930s?

Or were those questions rhetorical?

miko

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2002, 01:40:27 PM »
Christ people, are you really gullible enough to believe that these tards will get anything of what they ask?

Twenty years ago I thought the anti-smoking crowd was a bunch of cranky health nuts who couldn't mind their own business.  Today there have been billions of dollars of 'restitution' paid out to greedy scumbag lawyer sub humans.   Smokers are treated like lepers by law.  Some dumb squeak smokes for 30 years and gets cancer, and she sues for $28 billion.  All of this feeds the it-pays-to-ba-a-victim mentality of the nation.

So when some tards say I owe them for slavery, I hide my wallet.  This is Oprah's America.

ra (never smoked, never will)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2002, 01:42:47 PM by ra »

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2002, 01:43:51 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Figured you for a closet conservative Sandman.

http://www.inettek.com/sounds/give.wav

Wav didn't work...

Still... that's just mean. :)
sand

Offline H. Godwineson

• Nickel Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2002, 02:00:17 PM »
It's a Democratic plot!  :D

Shuckins

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2002, 02:02:40 PM »
Originally posted by batdog

Does this have something to do w/them YUGO's we brought over here? I think most where set free....

xBAT

How dare you!  YUGO cars were actually just assembled in Yugoslavia, the majorty of the components were manufactured in Italy or so I hear....  :D

I'm still waiting for my check.....

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2002, 02:56:02 PM »
The racist idiots spewing such hatred is very unamerican, at least in ideals. Perhaps, they should be the ones to "go back where they came from." We'll never evolve until we end this hatred based on stupidity. Quit being so insecure.

I submit the beginning a very powerful document:

WHEN in the Course of human Events, it becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the Earth, the separate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the Separation.

WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness -- That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient Causes; and accordingly all Experience hath shewn, that Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while Evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security. Such has been the patient Sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the Necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The History of the present King of Great- Britain is a History of repeated Injuries and Usurpations, all having in direct Object the Establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid World.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2002, 03:04:47 PM »
BTW, if you were truly secure with yourself, and ful of self confidence, you'd not be attacking and insulting groups 'different' than your own. When I see prejudice, I see ignorance, hate, and insecurity in that person. LOL, the saddest part is that you don't realize it. Maybe it's worse than ignorance. You go figure it out.
LOL, now I leave you all to who 'you' is/are.
Regards.

PS. Please do some real thinking and answer with a bit of intelligence, if you all can.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2002, 03:41:34 PM »
What does the Declaration of Independence have to do with reparations?

It never freed the slaves. It took a civil war for that to happen. You couldnt even vote unless you were a white male property owner after the Revolutionary war.

Even though the supreme court doesnt feel obligated to consider "original intent" when making a ruling its a good idea to look into it when making an arguement. If you had done so you would see the Declaration of Independence is not the grandiose document you make it out to be. Its an important Document in American History but trying to install some sense of "transcedence" on it, especially given the conditions that followed, is misplaced.

The only question that needs answering is if one unjust act is enough to overcome another. Having the government confiscate money from a generation of its citizen to right a wrong of a generation several hundred years ago is wrong.

It may make you fell better to label anyone who objects to this as racist but thats here nor there. This is about money.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2002, 03:49:37 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
BTW, if you were truly secure with yourself, and ful of self confidence, you'd not be attacking and insulting groups 'different' than your own. When I see prejudice, I see ignorance, hate, and insecurity in that person. LOL, the saddest part is that you don't realize it. Maybe it's worse than ignorance. You go figure it out.
LOL, now I leave you all to who 'you' is/are.
Regards.

PS. Please do some real thinking and answer with a bit of intelligence, if you all can.

thank you oh enlightened one for blessing us with your presence!

LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2002, 04:06:35 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan
What does the Declaration of Independence have to do with reparations?

It never freed the slaves. It took a civil war for that to happen. You couldnt even vote unless you were a white male property owner after the Revolutionary war.

Even though the supreme court doesnt feel obligated to consider "original intent" when making a ruling its a good idea to look into it when making an arguement. If you had done so you would see the Declaration of Independence is not the grandiose document you make it out to be. Its an important Document in American History but trying to install some sense of "transcedence" on it, especially given the conditions that followed, is misplaced.

The only question that needs answering is if one unjust act is enough to overcome another. Having the government confiscate money from a generation of its citizen to right a wrong of a generation several hundred years ago is wrong.

It may make you fell better to label anyone who objects to this as racist but thats here nor there. This is about money.

LOL, where am I inferring in my post about reparations? Re-read it.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2002, 04:16:46 PM »
Well thats what this thread is about. Opposing reparations is not racist. Being angry that some chalatans would make some demand for money from folks who had nothing to do with slavery is not racist.

So enlighten us some more. How about coming out and making a clear point?