Author Topic: Reperations..........  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2002, 05:42:53 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS

Goth,
Wow, how could anyone in their right mind possibly include you? Your second quote is just so tolerant, intelligent, and not prejudiced! :rolleyes:

And how could you possibly interpret my first quote as being racist. I am merely offering a different solution to their reparation proposal.

Truely, I will now admit that I am a bigot when it comes to certain things. I find it intolerable that certain groups feel that they are owed anything. As far as being racist, I categorically deny any involvement with that.

Maybe my first quote was a bit of seriousness and a bit of troll. I do know that I am fed up with the whole rediculous issue of reparations. I also know that as long as the issue is continually raised, certain groups will never be able to move forward.

Is it better to put a dollar amount on the suffering that happened years ago, or is it better to recognize and move forward with the multitude of opportunities that now abound? Personally, I think it's like opening an old wound and digging around when asking for reparations, makes that wound that much harder to heal.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Reperations..........
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2002, 05:43:17 PM »
Where do the Icey Hot Stuntaz fall on this issue?

But seriously folks - I think reperations are a GREAT idea!!!

In fact, lets take it a step further, shall we?  My father is German and my mother is Polish, so Ive figured it out...

1.)  Dad pays Mom for that whole holocaust thing.

2.)  Mom gets money from current German government for the sneaky little invasion deal in '39.

3.)  Dad gets money from the Brits, Americans, French, and Russians because DAMNIT, you split our country in two!

4.)  Dad pays money to Russia because of that "Barbarosa" thing or whatever it was.

5.)  Russia pays Dad for razing Berlin.

6.)  Mom gets more money just because shes Polish.

7.)  Unfortunately Dad has to pay more for the WWI thing, the trenches and all that.

8.)  However, Dad gets reperations from  the Brits, Frogs, and Tommies because of the reperations he was made to pay after the war in the first place!

9.)  Mazz has to pay reperations because of his "Frog" reference and issue a statement:  "Ahem, I apologize for refering to the great people of France as frogs.  Their wine, cheese, and body odor are second to none."

Normally I would recommend that you let these chaps just blow hot air until they fizzel out - however as a smoker, I saw what happened last time I thought a bunch of people were nuts and needed a job.  

Hey... we smokers should get together and demand reparations... at nearly $5.00 per pack, we're pretty much responsible for paying out most of this money anyway!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2002, 05:46:06 PM by Saurdaukar »

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2002, 06:07:46 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan
Saburos opposing the Jacksons and Sharptons is not racist.

Using an example of how cultural contact has improved the conditions of Native Africans living in the US as an offset against reparations isnt racist.

Accussing the professional race baiters of using reparation as a means to get attention isnt racism.

Nothing that you quoted in the context of the government confiscating money from folks who had nothing to do with slavery is racism.

This post isnt about race its about money and telling those clowns that no matter how they beg and plead to piss off.

Any sufferage the descendents of slaves percieve today is offset by the benefits they have recieved by simply remaining here. If any living slave can get any living slave holder to pay him back wages and punitive damages in a court then most in this thread could careless. But when they come to people who are in no way responsible and demand a check then folks will get pissed and tell umm where they can go.

You want peace between races then go to the Race pedlers and tell them to shut up. Because what they do damages race relations far more then a few old fat guys on a bbs.

EDIT BTW nothing you posted has anything to do with the Declaration of Indepedence.

Just for you Wotan cause you're special.

Just a small sampling from our nice document:

WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

You're welcome.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2002, 06:38:24 PM »
And how does relate to reparations.......

You do know that the Declaration of Independence isnt a law and that for the 1st 100 years of United States that this was run by oligarchy of wealthy white property owners that even though some opposed slavery they certainly didnt not envision America as a "melting pot". Read what Jefferson and Lincoln said about free black men in America. Thats why I mentioned the whole thing about "original intent" in my 1st reply to you. You are using a few phrases from a document and taking it out of the context it was written. Those few words have nothing to with racism.

You do know that it took a civil war and untold dollars to get to where we are now and that at this point any demand for reparation does nothing except to hurt race relations. I assume you also know that those who are making the call for reparations are crooks and charlatans that use reparation as a means to gain attention for themselves. That and they want the money.

You entered this thread and claimed every statement made in opposition to reparations and to the clowns who are out in front with their hands out is racist. I cant speak for everyone in this thread. But race doesnt matter a bit. I wouldnt want to pay reparations to Indinians or Irish or Chineese or French or Spanish. I would tell them the same thing. Even if a  few guys are true racists in this thread it doesnt make the subject of reparations any less heated or opposition to reparations racism.

Read your history before you attempt to quote it.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2002, 06:40:20 PM »
Originally posted by Goth

And how could you possibly interpret my first quote as being racist. I am merely offering a different solution to their reparation proposal.

Goth, Goth, Goth,.....

I'll try to help you out here.

I'll pay for the friggin ticket back to Africa for them.

The people you're referring to are United States Citizens, no?

Ship them 'back' to where? Your very statement is racist, bigoted, and prejudiced. A racism is prejudice, prejudice is not necessarily racism.

Truely, I will now admit that I am a bigot when it comes to certain things. I find it intolerable that certain groups feel that they are owed anything. As far as being racist, I categorically deny any involvement with that.

Since we are dealing with 'race' here, you are being racist by your quote. LOL you admit to bigotry like it's no big deal. Racism is bigotry although bigotry is not necessarily racism. Your bigotry includes racism.

Maybe my first quote was a bit of seriousness and a bit of troll. I do know that I am fed up with the whole rediculous issue of reparations. I also know that as long as the issue is continually raised, certain groups will never be able to move forward.

Seriousness or troll it is prejudice. Not a good thing in most people's book (at least I certainly hope so), won't you agree?
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2002, 06:47:18 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
I can't recall anyone in my family ever owning a Slavic.

Do they do yard work? Do they eat a lot?

:D

LOL! You card!  :)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2002, 06:50:32 PM »
I'm just so... tired... of apologizing for not being black. If I am going to be called a bigot anyway, I guess I'll be the bestest bigot I can be.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2002, 07:04:40 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan
And how does relate to reparations.......

You do know that the Declaration of Independence isnt a law and that for the 1st 100 years of United States that this was run by oligarchy of wealthy white property owners that even though some opposed slavery they certainly didnt not envision America as a "melting pot". Read what Jefferson and Lincoln said about free black men in America. Thats why I mentioned the whole thing about "original intent" in my 1st reply to you. You are using a few phrases from a document and taking it out of the context it was written. Those few words have nothing to with racism.

You do know that it took a civil war and untold dollars to get to where we are now and that at this point any demand for reparation does nothing except to hurt race relations. I assume you also know that those who are making the call for reparations are crooks and charlatans that use reparation as a means to gain attention for themselves. That and they want the money.

You entered this thread and claimed every statement made in opposition to reparations and to the clowns who are out in front with their hands out is racist. I cant speak for everyone in this thread. But race doesnt matter a bit. I wouldnt want to pay reparations to Indinians or Irish or Chineese or French or Spanish. I would tell them the same thing. Even if a  few guys are true racists in this thread it doesnt make the subject of reparations any less heated or opposition to reparations racism.

Read your history before you attempt to quote it.

I was referring to both racism and prejudice that I saw in a lot of the posts in this thread. Because they were arguing, using prejudiced and racism, it appears that is the driving force of their arguement.
I never said the Declaration of Independence was a law, but a powerful document. It includes some very strong ideals for us Americans. Too bad you missed the point.
Also I never claimed that every statement made in opposition was racist. There are a few that are not. I'll help you out here since you seem to be having difficulty comprehending what you're reading:
Sandman
Animal
Midnight Target
mine
Just a sample.

You're welcome.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Reperations..........
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2002, 07:31:23 PM »
Damn, I've tried to think of something appropiate to say to add a bit of levity, satire or derision to this thread but really there's nothing to say. Comments SaburoS has quoted pretty much say it all- the title "reperations" basically says "spew your racism here" and that's what's happened. By all means, carry on.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Reperations..........
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2002, 07:38:49 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

Who said opposing reparations is racist?

The guys quoting statements opposing reparations and then blabbing about racism and bigotry.

Read SabroS' posts.  Basically if you disagree with him, you are a black hater.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2002, 07:47:24 PM by funkedup »

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2002, 07:39:16 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Damn, I've tried to think of something appropiate to say to add a bit of levity, satire or derision to this thread but really there's nothing to say. Comments SaburoS has quoted pretty much say it all- the title "reperations" basically says "spew your racism here" and that's what's happened. By all means, carry on.

BINGO! S!

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2002, 07:40:56 PM »
the title "reperations" basically says "spew your racism here" and that's what's happened. By all means, carry on.

Well the logic behind reparations is totally racist and full of prejudice, so what did you expect?

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Reperations..........
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2002, 07:48:04 PM »
funked, the possibility of reperations rank right up there with the posibility of Charles Manson being paroled and the Beltway Snipers being found innocent. I was addressing the fact that so many used the guise of speaking out against reperations as an excuse to vent their racism against "them," meaning the African Americans. At any rate I haven't heard one person speak out in favor of reperations. Have you? I HAVE read racist comments from people most recently quoted by SaburoS. Have you? Or did you skip that post?

Hey, carry on boys, politics aren't my thing. Just don't waddle around quacking and I won't call you a duck, OK?

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2002, 07:51:18 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup

Well the logic behind reparations is totally racist and full of prejudice, so what did you expect?

I expect to see logical arguements written by fairly mature adults instead of some of the diatribe I see from some that are prejudiced. I guess I expect too much, no?

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
Reperations..........
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2002, 07:53:12 PM »
I HAVE read racist comments from people most recently quoted by SaburoS. Have you? Or did you skip that post?

Most of the stuff he posted was not racist at all.  One guy almost used the N-word.  The racists are the people proposing moronic programs like reparations.