Author Topic: Buh bye  (Read 591 times)

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Buh bye
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2002, 12:36:49 AM »
You are right Eagl.  That does suck, but is it worth quitting over?  It seems you feel strongly about this, so I guess it is.  :(

Getting hit by fleet ack when I can barely see the fleet is what grates on me!

I have also been into a nice 1v1 fight only to get popped by a Osty!  It doesn't bother me as much because I probably would of lost the 1v1 anyways!  :)

Regardless,  hope to see you back here sometime.  Just check in once in a while!

Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Buh bye
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2002, 01:27:05 AM »
You can turn off all the, shoots backward, stuff in H2H. More old timers are showing up in there. Torque for example (different name) So you can get some very good 1 v 1's. MA setting are not easy to come by. If you host it, they wont come.  Most want outside views, strangly its the default.  So newbies have it on with out knowing it. But I do MA settings once and awile, and get a few people.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Buh bye
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2002, 09:46:53 AM »
the fighters will go to 12k?   must be one of them perk plane thingies.
lazs

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Buh bye
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2002, 10:04:19 AM »
So does this mean no more riding Drex's coattails in the 2v2 at the con every year?  :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Buh bye
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2002, 10:48:51 AM »
Eagl's a putz too. :D Cya eagl, in a few months.

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
Buh bye
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2002, 11:00:48 AM »
Actually, I have had as much or more fun in HtH than I ever had in the MA.

Used to be a nice veteran group that would do 4 vs 4 historical matchups. It was awesome to see 4 identical allied aircraft fighting 4 identical axis aircraft in a quasi historical dogfight.

Easymo is right though, if you try to host a room with any kind or realistic settings... no one will play anymore. "increase the ammo!", "where's external view?"... whine... whine... whine... until they leave for a "better" room.

When the CT has 8 or more people, I have as much fun as I used to have in HtH. But of course the planeset/map is beyond control and frequently has combinations that are one-sided.

I am curious to see how the mission arena works. It won't work without side balancing, but side balancing will drive most people away. It will probably end up being as unpopular as the CT :( But I can always hope for the best.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Buh bye
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2002, 11:12:50 AM »
Best Ack shot I ever made.

Offline SpadMan

• Zinc Member
Buh bye
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2002, 11:52:51 AM »
There's no ack in the Dual Arena.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Buh bye
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2002, 04:00:17 PM »
Originally posted by senna
Dam. I've had some really great fights with you. Got you in some ah films on some of my sorties back in the day. Learned some fightin with ya Eagle, your a hell of an online opponent.

Nah.  The only time I ran into him in WB he was a popsicle.  He had the advantage, too...5k below my Spit IX in his Ju52...

Have fun with Brand T, Eagl, and hope the back improves so you can go do what you should be doing.  Thibault has a recurring virii in his left eye that took him out of the cockpit, and all he ever does is squeak about it  :D
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Daniko

• Zinc Member
Buh bye
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2002, 06:54:47 PM »
Hey Eagl, i remember some good fights with you too from wayy back.... personally I think it's good to quit, do other things from time to time, . ... . i've gotten annoyed or bored with this game on several occasions, and only because of my own need to do something different,....  and then eventually HTC changes some things, adds some things, and it feels like a whole different experience again, . .and on we go.....  I think what AH and HTC strives for that is important to me is teamwork/community involvement.  Playing this game is as much a virtual social event as a flight sim.  The kind of longevity this generates is what makes it really cool, and what makes it possible for you to leave here today, giving yer two bits, and maybe next year it's a whole different game that you can get into again.  When i came back after 2 years, HTC even gave me another two week free trial, and it took about a week for me to realize how much had changed, and to get into it again.

so anyway's, . . .S!, . . .and good luck to you

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Buh bye
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2002, 07:06:50 PM »
Eagl, cya bud, you take care. Meet ya in the skies over rabaul (or Korea)
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Buh bye
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2002, 07:17:34 PM »
agreed about the value of "quitting" occasionally.  I haven't been playing much and was getting back into the un-quitting phase, when I realized the game had gone too far away from the air combat focus for me to want to pay anymore.  I've given HT and his companies my money for 7 years even during periods when I wasn't playing at all, and I finally decided that the focus has just moved past what I'm willing to pay for.

On hindsight I wish I'd just cancelled my subscription and kept the account so I could keep my online ident, but ah well.  Maybe I'll call and ask them nicely if they can revive my old id in a non-subscription account.

In the meantime, I'm trying H2H out as FPeagl.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Buh bye
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2002, 07:23:50 PM »
Hey Eagle, if you dont mind me asking. Do drive a C or D model? Whats the acceleration like when you punch the throttle, please describe. Head whip back?

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Buh bye
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2002, 07:40:43 PM »
F-15E actually.  It's not a neck-snapping movement, rather a very steady pressure pushing you into the seat.  Acceleration feels rather like a very high performance car feels, except there's no jolts when shifting gears, just a few mild bumps and increasing pressure as each afterburner stage kicks in.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Buh bye
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2002, 07:52:27 PM »
Capt. Tibault was certified in the E, and mentioned it's fly by wire rather than fly by cable?  Didn't know that.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&