Author Topic: Buh bye  (Read 592 times)

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
Buh bye
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2002, 07:21:39 PM »
Let me see if my perception is correct, you're a real life F15 pilot?  And you seem to be exhibiting quitters remorse at having cancelled you AH account?  You better cut down on the pain killer.

I still have an account in AH at least today but me and my wingie left about 3 months ago for a sim that IMHO has the absolutely best flight and situational model I've ever seen after 6 years in FA, AH and WB which followed a 4000 hr. career put-putting in Cessna 150s and the like.    

Don't regret anything.  Best thing I did was to get away from something which ceased to meet my needs.  Once you get over the shaking, crapping, puking and you brush off the bugs you'll do just fine :D

Beeg

Originally posted by eagl
It's not the meds...  

It's the trend away from air combat.  I'm having fun doing the h2h thing and may end up hosting quite a bit, although so far it's been like clubbing seals and the fediddleing game id server is porked so my id is "newu369", but other than that it's ok.

as for the F-15, yes it can go out of control.  The thrust doesn't hurt it really.  I have only had mild departures, although I know a guy who tailslid one 10,000 ft and was seconds from ejecting.  The F-15E is pretty stable though so except for a few known departure modes, it doesn't misbehave too badly.

There is a yaw/pitch coupling issue that can cause the plane to enter a stable auto-roll where it just rolls forever without any input, but it's not difficult to recover from it and everyone knows how to avoid the situation.

The F-15 doesn't have an AOA limiter, but it is fairly difficult to actually get the AOA high enough to cause a departure.  It's stable to a relatively high AOA.  Nothing like an F-18, but much higher than the F-16.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Buh bye
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2002, 07:34:58 PM »
Hehe.  No quitters remorse, just wishing I'd kept my ident for free H2H.  I've had more fun in H2H than I've had in the last few months of main arena play.  The ident arena for H2H idents is STILL down/locked/whatever, so I can't even get a real ident in H2H.  On a good note, I've helped 3 newbies get in the air and helped at least one guy slightly improve his framerate...

It's all about the air combat for me, and anything that interferes with that just reduces the fun factor.  If I want to pay to fight AI, I'll buy pac-man 2000.  I have a half-dozen prettier, more "complete" sims on the shelf that I don't play, because they primarily fight AI.  

But HTC knows about my worthless opinion anyhow, so I'm just whining at this point.  It just doesn't matter since I'm not a paying customer anymore.

The drugs aren't doing all that much for me anyhow.  Soma and vicodin are totally overrated.  I tried going without any drugs for half of the day and when I popped the pills it barely took the edge off the pain even with a full dose.  Swimming for half an hour provided the most relief I've had in a week.  I DO have a neat new "buzzing" sensation in my lower leg, so either I have a circulation problem or the nerve root is starting to degrade.  Fun.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Buh bye
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2002, 08:54:48 PM »
I am a bit dissappointed eagl. Ya, know, killshooter IS a MA setting.  Whats with the frag fest arena? :)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Buh bye
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2002, 01:47:44 AM »
Wheres the "i quit police"? Oh! it depends who it is who quits!!

Whine of the week for sure.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Buh bye
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2002, 02:24:54 AM »
Hey Maniac I tried.

The difference is probably that a lot of people like Eagl.  I think about 8-10 of the people who posted on this thread have met him in real life.  And lots of us have known him online going back to the mid-90's.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Buh bye
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2002, 02:25:41 AM »
Eagl I hope you recover soon and am glad you are having fun in H2H.  I am currently on a lot of meds recovering from oral surgery so I feel your pain quite literally.  :)

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Buh bye
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2002, 08:09:01 AM »
Thanks funked.  I hope your mouth heals up quickly.  I also had a crown worked on a while ago...  You know it's not good when the oral surgeon keeps saying "ahhhh hmmm... that's not good... ahhh hmmmm ok... well.... hmmmm" :)
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Buh bye
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2002, 08:23:31 AM »
Had crowned molar 14 removed via black and decker 3/5' drill bit
just this past week.  Surgeon said it was one of the most difficult extractions shes done.  While they had under they removed a wizdom tooth I barely even knew.

Funny thing was it didnt hurt post op hardly at all due to damaged nerves.  The percocet was bonus.  I even managed a refill just for fun :eek:

Getting old and teeth just do not go hand in hand......
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns