Author Topic: Uncalled for language in the MA  (Read 2495 times)

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Uncalled for language in the MA
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2002, 07:21:39 PM »
Mandie,
No Problem.....if it happens again Ill roll my AC130 over his house and let the guns BLAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Offline RDSaustinTX

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2002, 07:44:13 PM »
Ahem.

As somebody with more time in multi-player games than say, oh, uh, HT for example, lemme say this:

Do not even try to censor the radio. I realize this exposes the weak and defenseless to profanity, but the lines will ALWAYS be too fuzzy to prevent arbitrary harassment by anybody with bwana power. The warnings and mutings are damned arbitrary, which does give people even more stuff to be offended by. :rolleyes:

I was there for the great Vermin language banning in what, 1989? He was back on a 2nd account the next Saturday. And the resulting fiasco at Kesmai when they gave Pangloss bwana privileges actually hurt business.

My recommendation is give the users more tools to administer squelching. A little squelch list editor with more options to choose from.

If there is going to be "auto-monitoring" let the USER turn it on or off. If the user has control, how many will complain to HTC?

mullah

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2002, 10:41:42 PM »
Originally posted by RDSaustinTX
snip
My recommendation is give the users more tools to administer squelching. A little squelch list editor with more options to choose from.

Hear hear! Persistent squelch!

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey