Author Topic: WWII Campaign for Operation Flashpoint.  (Read 3803 times)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
WWII Campaign for Operation Flashpoint.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2003, 09:18:21 PM »
Yep it was running fine but the owner of the computer didn't like it.  :)
I have a bunch of parts to build a new server but I haven't gotten around to building it yet.

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2003, 01:27:47 AM »
Guys, offer some advice to an old VVS pilot.  I don't fly online/offline anymore, restricting my gaming and studies to the Soviet-German War and Soviet operational art.  However, I did play the demo to OFP when it first came out and liked it a lot.  Is this game and its latter incarnations worth buying for someone who would probably only play Soviet?
ingame: Raz

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2003, 04:56:53 AM »
Oh God yes.

There are 3 campaigns available from the developer. Standard campaign is US (hadda be), addon campaign "Red Hammer" the main character is a Russian spec ops soldier, in the Resistance campaign the main character is also a Russian spec ops soldier only fighting as resistance.

But the game isnt about the campaigns.......it's about that wonderful mission editor which you can do almost anything with.

18 months after the initial release and I'm still playing OFP every damn day.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2003, 01:51:15 PM »
Swoop, thanks for the links.

I just upgraded to 1.46, but the colors are amazingly dull.
Im using a clean OPF euro version upgraded to 1.46. I wont be spending any money on resistance until the next paycheck arrives. Teach me master...what campaigns and mods do I want? And where do I get them.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2003, 02:50:44 PM »
Awww 10Bears, too bad, I was looking forward to this after playing your previous mission. let me remind you this is only a game we play to erm... play a game :)

I'm having fun shooting at VC's in here.... while I know I would not have had any fun doing it in RL :)

I started building missions myself, mainly Nam missions. (Infantry only, no tanks... I HATE tanks...)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2003, 03:38:18 PM »
Hortlund, when you get Res, you want:
SEB NP2 -- available at http://www.ofp.info (I think), or http://www.ofp-zone.de
[shameless self-promo]Be sure to install the CoC_Mines too.  It's in the NP2 zip, but a separate file.  AP mines, directional mines, claymores, all those cool things (and full MP functionality without killing your bandwidth).[/shameless self-promo]

Missions are also there.
BAS Delta and Rangers are also supposed to be good.

the avonlady's faq has a lot of useful links to just about everything you'd want.
Also, the official forum has some good announcements.

If you're into editing, http://www.ofpec.com has no peer.

If you get way too much into scripting, and want to do something sick with OFP, check out what we're up to over at http://www.thechainocommand.net .   It takes OFP and gives you command over anywhere between a platoon and a battalion.  We're currently developing the MP version.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2003, 03:05:53 AM »
Ahrgh...frustrating...I simply cannot affoard Resistance right now, so I must wait for the next paycheck...3 weeks!!

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2003, 09:10:13 AM »
Hort,

go to http://ofp.gamezone.cz/ and download.....well everything.  From the news page there you'll plenty of links to the WWII mod sites.

For online stuff you'll usually find me on the [LOL] Major's Co-op server or one of the Estonian servers (damn good pings).

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2003, 09:35:48 AM »
Originally posted by Swoop

For online stuff you'll usually find me on the [LOL] Major's Co-op server or one of the Estonian servers (damn good pings).

Swoop, is it possible for you to play with someone who has 1.46?

If so we should try to arrange a date this weekend...say saturday night Euro time?

Shoot me an email will you.
stevehortlund@hotmail.com

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2003, 02:16:33 PM »
Um....no it isnt.  :D

It would be if I had the urge to reinstall all the patches on OFP.....but since I installed resistance I havnt played anything but and the last time I refreshed this system I never bothered with the standard OFP patches.  You can still play 1.46 missions in OFP:R you see.  Come to think of it.....I think I told someone just the other day that OFP:R still needs the OFP patches to 1.46, whoever it was that's incorrect, you only need the Resistance patches.

Also, I'm moving house this saturday and wont have a net connection for a little while.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2003, 11:50:42 AM »
Hort,

did you ever get around to buying OFP:R?

I feel the urge to empty a clip or two into someone again......

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2003, 11:58:02 AM »
Hey Swoop.  How does this compare to the Invasion 44 mod?

I just bought OP:FP GOTY edition several weeks ago and I'm dying to try it out. I've heard good things about Invasion'44 but nothing on this one you posted about.

Westy

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2003, 12:41:28 PM »
Invasion 44 is prolly better.  This just came first using as many of the ww2 addons as they could.

You got Resistance?  If not, do so.  Turns OFP into a whole new game.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2003, 01:33:34 PM »
Thanks Swoop. Ive got "Resistance" and I'll try that mod too just to see how it is.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2003, 03:20:37 PM »
Originally posted by Swoop
Hort,

did you ever get around to buying OFP:R?

I feel the urge to empty a clip or two into someone again......

Hmm...now that you mention it...I did buy OPF:R...I still have it installed I think...

Whats..*sniff* *sniff* whats that smell? *sniff* Do I smell a mp coming up this weekend?

Just tell me what to get and where to get it and you have yourself a date :)