Author Topic: Leaving  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Leaving
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2002, 04:53:29 AM »
Creamo one of those idiots we've been talking about during this thread.

Mandie, come to the CT, very few idiots in there :)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Leaving
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2002, 05:12:37 AM »
When you come back, look up some of these folks, they are more than willing to help you learn...it'll take time...

As far as rude goes..I know how it goes and my advice to you is to tone down a bit, don't describe yourself to these people don't talk about your age or what you look like or the fact that you are female..

it's a shame that you can't just be yourself but you'll fine that you'll be able to at least play the game and have some amount of fun..

The more you can get away with being Joe player who's learning to fly, the more honest people will be with you sadly enough. Them knowing you are female never helps anything and in fact can severely get in your way with people following you around privating you and so forth..picking a gender neutral name helps as well btw....if they find out you are female later it's not as bad cause by then you know who your friends are.

G'luck and when you come back, like I said, look up some of these good folk and get some help with your flying.

!
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Leaving
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2002, 06:46:20 AM »
Originally posted by Mandie
I just wanted to let all the people who i am friends with know that I am leaving AH for a while , some of the people were rude to me and im impatient to take the time to learn to get better,So i just wanted to thank all the people who were nice to me and goodluck,byeness everyone all
I am extremely saddened to read this, Mandie.... I started out in Air Warrior in July 1998, and in all that time I can count on one hand the number of times anyone has caused me any offence.  I know what you went through with Deathpig, and don't blame you for being upset by such rude behaviour.... but please believe me when I say he was an exception.... most players are extremely well-behaved and courteous.  In spite of what others say, I don't agree that you should hide your identity or stay off vox.  You are a female player.... be proud of the fact instead - we need more female players, not less and having a low profile will solve nothing.  If you need any help or advice, please feel free to email me at helen@flossy.co.uk, but please reconsider leaving; by doing that you are only letting people like Deathpig win - show them you won't be beaten and keep on playing!  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline maxtor

• Nickel Member
Leaving
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2002, 07:00:34 AM »
This is a sad reflection on us and our little game.  It's a shame, and it is a problem HTC must come to grips with.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Leaving
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2002, 08:27:21 AM »
get over it guys ... u'd think this was an AOL chatroom or something

hehe Creamo

"mandie" change ur handle to Mack and try again

Merry Christmas
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Leaving
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2002, 08:27:22 AM »
Cripes, whatever happened to "don't let the door hit you on the way out"?  

Ride forth, oh protectors of Italian virginity. :rolleyes:

She could have contacted HTC about these issues ages ago.  Instead she does a typical "I quit" post and ya all are falling over each other trying to be knights in shining armour.  Because maybe, just maybe there are breasts somewhere behind the callsign. :p

Mandie....MAN-die.  *shrug*  I frickin' hope it's Animal.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Leaving
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2002, 09:36:59 AM »
Dang sorry to hear about that Mandie. Like Eagler said, change your account, get a new name and Spit tebacker like the rest of us rednecks :D

I'll fly with ya.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Leaving
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2002, 10:49:53 AM »
here's how it shakes out.... even if mandie is a girl... she won't go out with you... Even if she did... you would problyu find that she is the female version of your pot bellied geekyness..

Any woman that get's into one of these online games that is dominated by males from the ages of prepuberecent on up to geriatric... and uses a handle that makes her an apparent female...  deserves whatever happens...

Now... the vast majority of us don't even bother... we either are happy with our current partner or are to smart to fall all over anything that may or may not be female or.. Just don't f##k with people unless they f##k with us.

I read this sickening thread just to see what wussy had quit this time and found out that it was a bunch of pot bellied virtual heroes all falling all over themselves because they had never had any interaction with a (gasp!) female before.

creamo makes more sense than anyone else short of skuzzy in this who damn thread.   sickening.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's
We are not recruiting.. when someone dies we will send you an application...

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Leaving
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2002, 10:57:32 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Any woman that get's into one of these online games that is dominated by males from the ages of prepuberecent on up to geriatric... and uses a handle that makes her an apparent female...  deserves whatever happens...

I call roadkill. There are several females enjoying this sim and they deserve the same respect as everyone else.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Leaving
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2002, 11:11:55 AM »
Mandie-

I remember flying with you in one of your early sorties on the southern tip of Mindnao.

Take the advice. Change your Handle, And join a squad that protects their own.

I'm sure we'd be more than happy to give you an evaluation if you'd like.

And always keep channel 1 squelched. It's nothing but inane babble and backed up testosterone mixed with Clearasil.

If you decide to stay,and wish to train with our Squadron, please don't hesitate to contact me at jpizzo127@yahoo.com

If you decide to leave, I wish you well in all your future endeavors.

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Leaving
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2002, 11:24:55 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
I call roadkill. There are several females enjoying this sim and they deserve the same respect as everyone else.

Which seems to be exactly what they got, good or bad as it was.

Cobra

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Leaving
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2002, 11:44:36 AM »
iron... you miss the point..  it doesn't matter that the vast majority treat everyone with respect... the fact remains that there are enough imature sicko's who are a little slow witted that a female identified as such... will bring out some pretty strange behavior... If she doens't expect that then she is naive.   For the same reason... people who are well known in real life tend to be secretive about their identities.    Now... call roadkill all you want but I would put it to you that it is not so much roadkill as it is you simply burying your head in the sand or.... in this case... up someones...

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Leaving
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2002, 11:51:38 AM »
Lazs, I never said that women/girls can expect to be treated with respect by everyone, I said they deserve it. As does every one us that acts civily.

You seem to be saying that by virtue of being female in a place dominated by males that they deserve less, or is my head still in the dark?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Leaving
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2002, 11:53:37 AM »
Seems to me you two are agreeing.

Lazs is saying they should expect less, not that they deserve less.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Leaving
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2002, 11:54:17 AM »
"The rest of the night was spent holding Kimberly and trying to calm her tears while Borg enjoyed himself at the banquet. Feeling very much locked in our cell we took a walk on the beach together, this was somewhat healing, the surf and sand managed to calm us down a bit."
This quote came to mind while reading this thread.  Females beware of virtual nerds with cameras or keyboards.  That should be painfully obvious.  Of course, nerds beware of virtual females.

Other than that... what Creamo and Lazs said.

AKDejaVu