Author Topic: Leaving  (Read 2903 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Leaving
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2002, 12:14:26 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Seems to me you two are agreeing.

Lazs is saying they should expect less, not that they deserve less.

If that's the case then you're right.

I've been trying to get my wife interested in flight sims for years (eternal optimist) but I've no doubt she'd lose interest in a hurry with all the sexual inuendo, vulgarity and abusiveness that goes on in the game. Females in the military put up with a lot of the same crap, doesn't mean they deserve it and doesn't make it right. The attitude that they deserve it only perpetuates it.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline rosco

• Copper Member
Leaving
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2002, 01:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cobra
Which seems to be exactly what they got, good or bad as it was.

Cobra

Kind of the way I see it. If the handle had been manfred and not mandie, this thread would be filled with the typical dont let the door hit your bellybutton on the way out comebacks. I find  this thread funny only in the sence that everyone wants to be that "knight in shinning armor" because as Thrawn put it, there might be a pair of breasts invloved.

Anyway, I think this is all another FDB stunt. Apparently there are a lot of newer people here that arent familiar with the FDB's :)

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Leaving
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2002, 01:44:01 PM »
Geeks hard up for a chick.

I tell you what.  If an overtly homosexual male had been treated as mandy had, not one of you swinging dicks would be nice on his way out.

You dorks are falling over yourselves when we all know you wouldn't  give two toejams if you didn't think she was a girl.

F.

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
Leaving
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2002, 01:51:37 PM »
Sorry to have u leave, you should really try playin in CT though, there are less idiots in there, weather it be if the people are really more mature or there are just less people so less non mature people I still find it a lot nicer place than MA, which is 1 of the reasons I play CT 99% of the time I fly AH.
I havent flown in a while been busy with programming and stuff, but I try to pop in occasionally :)

Offline Mw007

• Zinc Member
      • http://most-wanted.org
Leaving
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2002, 01:58:02 PM »
What ever happend to "respect"???

I was brought up as to respect women, not treat them as inferior or an object. I guess they would call it "old-school". I'm only 25 but hell, stuff like what Mandie has gone through is uncalled for, especially the Deathpig thing...
Yeah, you sometime joke w/ the fellas about girls, but not in front of their face.
I am hapily married and have a child on the way, so I am not in a position to try to "score" with the chicks nor do I want to.
I believe Mandie was in AW and I don't think she was treated this way.

Maybe some with harsh feelings should swallow your "manpride" and pull the ripcord on your chute and say "Good Kill, Mandie" and accept the fact that A PILOT shot you down. :)

btw Merry Christmas!!!!

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Leaving
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2002, 02:02:36 PM »
<-- now offically unsubscribed from thread.... some of you make me sick that you would let rampant disrespect go on and lessen the community.

to you and you know who you are.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Yippee38

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Leaving
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2002, 02:47:14 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
Geeks hard up for a chick.

I tell you what.  If an overtly homosexual male had been treated as mandy had, not one of you swinging dicks would be nice on his way out.

You dorks are falling over yourselves when we all know you wouldn't  give two toejams if you didn't think she was a girl.

F.

I think you'd be surprised.  The point is not that we are hard up for a chick.  I certainly am not.  The point is that because she is female she was treated *differently* than she would've been if she had been male.  If she were male, nobody would've said the things they did to her (unless they were that overtly homosexual male).

So why are you falling all over yourself telling us how hard up we are?  What does that say about you?

I think Mandie should stay, keep her handle and use vox whenever she wants.  If she gets any abuse other than the standard taunts as a result of one person shooting the other down, she should take a screenshot and report it.

This community doesn't need people who abuse others.  A tuant here or there is one thing.  Repeated harassment is another.  I don't care if the person being abused is female, a gay male, a lame pig, or a sheep.  The fewer idiots we have online, the more good people we will have online (because they won't get turned off at the crap that spews forth on Ch1).

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Leaving
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2002, 02:50:37 PM »
Once, at Band Camp........

Cobra

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Leaving
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2002, 03:04:41 PM »
The long and the short of it is that we pay our money to HTC to play a MMOL WW2 combat flight sim.  There are plenty of places that insults can be hurled at each other, many of them don't even charge for the privelege. If y'want to behave like a mindless boor, go right ahead and use 'em.  If you decide to upset folks with impoliteness in AH, go whine somewhere else if you get booted.

Personally I agree that there SHOULD be the facility to permanently squelch any individual or channel until such time as you wish to unsquelch them, if ever.  Such a feature wouldnt be hurting the community because anyone upset enough by someone to squelch them isn't going to "commune" with them any way.  The current system simply allows the small number of childish idiots to make things unpleasant for the better-behaved majority for longer than would otherwise be the case.  Put the onus on individuals to be well-behaved, HTC; not on everyone else to have to squelch them.  There's far too much bigotry and otherwise unpleasant chat seen in the arenas, IMO.

As for possible problems with moderators; if it isn't already so (I don't know; I wasn't even aware that there were such aside from the HTC folks themselves!) perhaps it could be made such that a record is automatically made of all censorial acts made by moderators in the arenas? That way if there is any argument over what has happened, it can be inspected and if need be amends made later.

It isn't just the bizarre gameplay of the MA that tends to keep me from messing around in there very often; it's also the huge amount of unpleasantly childish beahviour (I don't mean silly and inoffensive stuff, for all the nit-pickers out there...).  The point about what are newcomers likely to think - and do - if they come up against some of the bigoted bad-mothing minority is a damned good one.  Offensive language equates to potential lost revenue for HTC. Less revenue means less development, or taken to an extreme, no game at all.

Think about it before whining about HTC taking a firm line on the matter.

Esme

PS: as for changing ID's/handles... why? Why should one be expected to have to change from a perfectly innocuous handle that happens to be a female name to something else, simply because a few morons will tend to pick on women?  Think very carefully before responding if you think you can justify a reason...
No-one should HAVE to hide their gender, race or creed because of malcontents. Its the malcontents who should be hiding, or better yet,  be kicked out at high speed.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2002, 03:13:44 PM by Esme »

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Leaving
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2002, 03:40:19 PM »
Originally posted by Yippee38
I think you'd be surprised.  The point is not that we are hard up for a chick.  I certainly am not.  The point is that because she is female she was treated *differently* than she would've been if she had been male.  If she were male, nobody would've said the things they did to her (unless they were that overtly homosexual male).

So why are you falling all over yourself telling us how hard up we are?  What does that say about you?....

Treated differently??  roadkill.  Every night I see fellatio offers on ch.1.  The perception of different treatment is all in relation to the sex of the offended.  I have had peeps private me with things that would make a depraved sailor blush.  Now if I had taken a screeny of that and posted it here with a "I am leaving" post, what would the response be?  How many squads would offer me sanctuary with them?

She was treated just as poorly, and by the same jackoffs, as the rest of the MA, and that is a shame.

Oh, and I am not falling all over myself.  I enjoy witnessing hypocrisy.  I just wasn't sure if those perpetrating it where aware of it.

F.

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Leaving
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2002, 03:46:16 PM »
Then... why on earth HAVENT you reported the idiots to HTC? Don't you think doing so might just be a good idea. Furious?!

Esme

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Leaving
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2002, 04:16:54 PM »
Esme,

He didn't report the incidents to HTC because all of the foul messages came from his squaddies.

SOB

PS...No silly woman could ever shoot me out of the sky!

Shyaddup Yankee! :D
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Leaving
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2002, 04:22:58 PM »
Ah, fair-do's; I draw a distinction between friendly insults between friends and insulting others. What was under discussion was the latter not the former, though.

Doubtless no silly males would shoot you down either! ;-}

Esme (daft as a brush, but not so daft as to prefer planes that don't have a spare in case one engine fails! ;-) )

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Leaving
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2002, 04:29:41 PM »
You think we're friendly with our insults?!  :D

SOB

PS...I have personally tricked a squaddie into ALT-F4'ing in a scenario (what a dipshit!) and also shot one down in a scenario because I had nothing else to shoot at.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Leaving
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2002, 04:47:12 PM »
Ask Mandie. I'm fairly certain she can tell you why.

Originally posted by Esme

PS: as for changing ID's/handles... why? Why should one be expected to have to change from a perfectly innocuous handle that happens to be a female name to something else, simply because a few morons will tend to pick on women?  
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.