Author Topic: <sigh>  (Read 305 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
<sigh>
« on: December 23, 2002, 07:37:58 PM »
For a while I was really sick of AH. So when I put my time in studies instead, I didn't mind.

Didn't miss AH for quite a long time. Just the thought of having to grab to 15k bored me. Really had no motivation to play.

Three weeks ago, a thought was born. 'Maybe it would be fun to play AH again'. Still, the grabbing thing and other minor stuff meant I had no desire.

Then I thought it'd be pretty amusing. Still not missing it.

Now, I got *serious* withdrawals. Am desperately thinking out a plan to acquire a new throttle and new rudders, bbut my plans all fail. I won't have any money til I get a job since I live on saved up money (not eligible for welfare since I was saving money, the idea was to buy a new dry suit if I ever got that much. Generally just saving some for a rainy day). So am all outta cash now, still not eligible for welfare since they don't include paying for my cable TV, internet connection and chiropractor in their calculations. Good thing I've paid taxes. Get lots of it back. :/. Basically I've paid my bills, have no money for food but still  isn't eligible for welfare since with their calculations I'd have enough cash for another month.

So if I get a job tomorrow (unlikely given the condition of the IT market here) it'll take another month before I get cash. Then two weeks for it (the gear) to arrive here from the US (cheaper). If I can afford it. Will have to take a loan in a bank to live and that has to be paid off first. So probably 2-3 months before I can play AH.

Last time I played the Me410 was just released. Think it was 1.08. As far as I can tell, lots of new stuff for my 190A5/D9 to kill. Am bored out of my skull being unemployed with no cash. Am the sort of person who just cannot STAND to sit idle doing nothing for any length of time.

Ugh. Three months til I can join you chaps in the sky again. And then I'll probably find that I am not getting acceptable performance with my current system. And this is assuming I get a job soon. Sent in some applications but they'll take another two weeks before they start going through them.

WITHDRAWAL IS REALLY fediddleING BAD RIGHT NOW. AGH, DESPERATION. I WANT TO FLY *NOW*.

Man, I HATE this.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2002, 07:41:14 PM by StSanta »

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
<sigh>
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2002, 08:04:52 PM »
Last time I played the Me410 was just released.

I must have missed that version :)

However the nature of ah gameplay has drifted more toward "we must win the war at all costs" and away from air combat. The 50 man suicide base rape raids have taken over.

Theres still fun to be had but its a different game.

Lemme know where I can find that 410 :)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
<sigh>
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2002, 01:31:56 AM »
I haven't been able to play AH for quite awhile now, hardware issues I don't particularly want to deal with.

I miss it, yes.  But maybe it lets me appreciate things that matter more then a computer game.  :)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
<sigh>
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2002, 01:47:19 AM »
Santa, stop complaining over petty problems like this!

IT market in Yurop is slow, but not dead... you'll find something (http://www.jobserve.co.uk still has plenty of jobs, if you feel like moving away of your silver tower). (Just don't plan to sign up for the 50k managment job the 1st month, ok...? :D)

Have a merry Xmass VongrossenarSch !
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
<sigh>
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2002, 07:35:16 AM »
It must be tough Santa... all that leather and no one to play with.

AKDejaVu

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
<sigh>
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2002, 08:30:58 AM »
yep .. & then you die...

welcome to Life

Merry Christmas and good luck on your job search
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals