Author Topic: I had lunch with two Yanks today. :)  (Read 3595 times)

Offline TWOLF

• Copper Member
Irony
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2003, 11:42:07 AM »
"All of my American friends fall into the intelligent variety, and that's probably why none of the Americans I know owns a gun. I do not rub shoulders with blue collar workers and low ranking military types, so I can't comment on why they are so insular and uninterested/unaware of the world around them."

I haven't read most of the posts here.  But this comment sort of struck me as something that I should address.  I will not deny that there is a certain common mentality among folks of lesser education.  That is prevalent in every culture.  Something I should point out though is the vast majority of Americans as you put it, are not Americans at all.  They are Europeans born, or immigrated to the United States.  I spent 8 years in Europe on 2 different occasions as an enlisted member of the U.S. Army.  Most of that time was in Germany, but I was able to travel a great deal.  You will find that the mentality mentioned in the lead post is not exclusive to "Americans” This little custom is very common among the Folks that exported England across the Globe.  Not to mention that a great deal of the "Highly intellectual" folks posting on these threads that love to proclaim their Highly moral, and righteous views are from British ancestry.  Sort of Ironic isn't it?
Sort of like the Pot calling the kettle black. (in both directions)  
  I have made many friends across world from many cultures.  All I can say is that there are closed minded fools in every society and at every education level.  
   Not that I am pointing figures here.  I just think that folks should take care before posting on such subjects.  We are one specie whether we like it or not, we are all subject to the same social flaws.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
I had lunch with two Yanks today. :)
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2003, 11:42:32 AM »
beatle has a point? yeah.. right.

Americans start off with.... yeah right.

The bantering has always gone back and forth between all of the countries.  Long before AH, long before the internet and damn sure long before beetle took his pseudonym.

Every once in a while, someone pops up and thinks its only the "other guys" that are prejudiced.  So, he sets out on a mission to just prove it.  He does this by hiding behind lies and trying to incite people.  Somehow, the person always perceives himself as clever when doing this.  The classic troll except with a goal in mind.

This troll can post a thread and judge American response to it, completely overlooking any other response.  Then he's proven his point.

I got news for everyone... that worked both ways... even in beetle's post.  There were just as many Brits reacting as Americans.  To not be able to see that is to fall into the same trap as staga.

AKDejaVu

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2003, 11:47:02 AM »
doesn't hurt me at all.....I'm not American:D ....truth or no truth....it's your opinion...not the truth.

putting certain folks in certain categories....bad mate bad....and its far from the truth.

your limited observations of some folks does not give you the TRUTH....do not generalize.....its those educated folks that diddlyED with peoples pensions....4 every observation you can put forth...I can observe the opposite.....most educated folks have oversized egos....are you 1 of them?

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2003, 12:01:56 PM »
Two quotes from Lazs -
  • or... wait for him to come over here and kick the crap outta him. Bet we could beat him in an I.Q test and beat the crap outta him afterwards and then... outdrive, outshoot, and outdiddly him.
  • airhead... we can either drive over there (is it farther than say Florida?)
If you can drive over here, I'll submit to your claim that you can outdrive me. But I think you'll find that there's an ocean in the way. And I know how you hate commercial flying, but with your abilities you could fly yourself...

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2003, 12:05:05 PM »
It's not ego, it's an inferiority complex.  Those with high egos just celebrate themselves whereas those who feel inferior try to bring everyone else down so that they may rise higher...relatively.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2003, 12:13:07 PM »
Wow "beetle"... one thing you drove home with that last post...

You have zero understand of what lazs said... and I must assume... Americans in general.

AKDejaVu

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2003, 12:22:26 PM »
that can't be Lasz.. it's not a V-8 and the picture is of some guy wearing a helmet..  c'mon beetle

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2003, 12:27:34 PM »
The title of this thread really should be:

"Everything I ever needed to know about Americans I learned by poking them with a stick."

That's basically the "tactic" that a few are celebrating as proving a point.  It does... just not the one you think.

AKDejaVu

Offline Crumb

• Zinc Member
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2003, 12:30:53 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
:D

Oh!  what fun. ;)

So to those Yanks who have insulted us, and are now getting bent out of shape at my castigation of certain ignorant Yank minorities, I do believe you have a Mr. Pot in your midst. Would you be so kind as to inform him that I have a telephone call for him - a Mr. Kettle on the line. :D

PS Habu - I've been to Top Gun! ;)

Why is it that Beet1e ( in the minority as he says) Starts the majority of these threads which put down people from other countries ( Yanks mostly) in his never very clever stories?

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2003, 12:37:24 PM »
ban him for mis-using the word Yank, like so many other brits...
HB.. are you a yank ?   :)

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2003, 12:38:07 PM »
Hey Lazs, I looked on a map and there's an ocean in the way. No biggie cause I have a boat that holds 50 gallons of gas and has an emergency oar so we should be alright. Maybe we could stop in Bermuda, wear Speedos and burn Curval's corneas out on the way to England.

It shouldn't be hard to find Beatle, though- it looks like England is a tiny little island about the size of Oregon.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2003, 01:05:05 PM »
Hey Lazs, I looked on a map and there's an ocean in the way. No biggie cause I have a boat that holds 50 gallons of gas and has an emergency oar so we should be alright. Maybe we could stop in Bermuda, wear Speedos and burn Curval's corneas out on the way to England.

A Bass boat I'm guessing, with a big assed engine and fish coolers filled with PBR.

Charon

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2003, 01:05:09 PM »
wear Speedos and burn Curval's corneas out on the way to England.

gross abuse of human rights

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2003, 01:30:45 PM »
Hey beetle did you forget it was us stupid yanks that saved your tulips in ww2!!
Or did you forget that part?
Look hes just pissed cause all english women crave American men.

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2003, 01:42:39 PM »
Its amazing the Germans didnt win the war, what with MontgomeIf Diana hadn't been such a tramp, she'd be alive today.

Of course the English are skinny, their food sucks and their teeth probably hurt so much they have a hard time eating.

The British drink their beer warm, what do they care, they are probably too drunk to notice its warm, and they are too impatient to get more to let it cool.

Monty Python and Benny Hill both confirmed that British men actually love to dress in drag. If they think that is humor, they were probably drunk too.

British men call cigarettes "studmuffins", and everyone knows they love to suck on studmuffins.

The British think a badass cycle is made by Vespa, and to make it really look awesome they bolt on a dozen rear view mirrors.
ry trying to screw it up so bad.
dago that was some funny watermelon man LOL