Author Topic: Powells speech so far...  (Read 6377 times)

Offline Monk

• Silver Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2003, 11:21:20 AM »
Originally posted by devious

Americans all but wiped out the "Native Americans", you recall that. Should I base my argument on that ?

Half of the US Army in the 1800's were German;)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2003, 11:37:58 AM »
Originally posted by Monk
Half of the US Army in the 1800's were German;)

And, depending on how far back one wishes to go with this...the Russians came over on the land bridge in Alaska and beat the crap out of the native indians, and pushed them to central Mexico (as well as bred with them, giving us our "Native Indians" as we have today)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2003, 11:46:07 AM »
Boroda.

If you could work this stuff up into a 3 minute monolog I think we can get you booking on Jay Leno's Tonight Show. They're always looking for new comedians. You could be the next Yakov Smirnov!

You do realize that the Soviet Union's Ambassador was BOYCOTTING the Security Council meeting when the Korean resolution passed, right?

HE DIDN'T SHOW UP for the meeting BY HIS OWN CHOICE.

Oh, wait... you will never believe that will you? After all, Gorbachev lied about Stalin ordering the mass murder of Polish POW soldiers at Katyn Forest and a few other places.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2003, 11:59:18 AM »
Originally posted by AKWabbit
Really?  Another one of those "it never happened" crowd eh?

Perhaps you have another explanation on why a country the size and importance of Germany was conspicuously denied a voting seat on the Security Council?  

Boroda,

Russia MIGHT abstain, but I gauruntee you that they will not veto.  

Wab

So why not exclude USSR as well?..They killed more of their own people than Germany did.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2003, 12:11:30 PM »
My impressions of Powell's presentation.

The satalite pics were rather undetailed.I thought you could read a newspaper from up there?..I saw better close ups when JFK was showing Cuban missles.

The recorded conversation sounded fake...It losey went something like...

General X:This is General X.Do you have any of the banned stuff where you are?
General Y:Uh,do you mean the banned stuff?
General X:Yes,the banned stuff.Can you move it and destroy it please?
General Y:So you are asking me to get rid of the banned stuff?

Sounds like something from an old Cheech and Chong record.

How do we know it wasn't "Joe Iraqi" joking on the phone with someone else?...Inadmissable IMHO.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2003, 12:15:31 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund

Why do people insist on talking on subjects they have no real knowledge of? Isnt it embarrassing  [/B]

Did anyone else get a chuckle out of this?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2003, 12:23:47 PM »
So why not exclude USSR as well?..They killed more of their own people than Germany did.

(shrug)  ok.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2003, 12:24:18 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund

Why do people insist on talking on subjects they have no real knowledge of? Isnt it embarrassing to make a fool of yourself all the time? I mean there is a reason why I dont post in the threads about cars. I DONT KNOW toejam ABOUT CARS. Why oh why cant people accept their limitations and leave it at that?[/B]
Hehe never seems to stop you in the evolution threads ;)

edit: Damn MT beat me to it!
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2003, 12:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Boroda.

You do realize that the Soviet Union's Ambassador was BOYCOTTING the Security Council meeting when the Korean resolution passed, right?

HE DIDN'T SHOW UP for the meeting BY HIS OWN CHOICE.

Toad, I know that. I mean that PRC representative was NOT allowed to attend the meeting. There are different ways to react on such things, and boycott is a pretty obvious decision to show your attitude to such a sabbath of "democracy".

You seem to deliberately skip anything i talk about. Looks like you are some kind of a mutant radio reciever, combined with the defect record player, repeating the same line about Katyn for the 15th time.

You can believe Gorbachev. You can repeat you antisoviet mantras to reach ideological nirvana. You can even completely shut off your brain, but you probably already did so.

I don't care. I try to use critical thinking, and thanks to my country - i am able to find any source from any side.

I pity you. As any Soviet citizen from the past you are limited to one official POV, and, unlike him, you can't afford a slightest blink of criticism.

What did you read about Katyn Forest massacre? Only your beloved Goebbels's version. i have read several books about it, from all sides, and believe me, this is the only way to make conclusions. You simply do not qualify for an argument.

I seem to protect Soviet views because I want to disturb your stagnant brain, and maybe finaly some day you'll look around and see all the crap that they feed you us. But every day I am getting more and more convinced that it's all futile.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2003, 12:40:50 PM »
Originally posted by SirLoin

STFU and never talk about the things you don't have a slightest idea about. You'll definetly look smatrer.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2003, 12:54:39 PM »
Originally posted by Suave
"NK was just defending itself from American aggression" My god I didn't even think most modern North Koreans still believed that . Wow I hadn't realized that Boroda was so completely brainwashed . Most americans are so naive that they don't believe people like him exist .

When you tell the average american on the street that 80% of the Egyptian people believe that 9/11 was perpetrated by jews, they don't believe you .

I think most americans would benefit from a holiday in cambodia .

Suave, so you think that DPRK was sending hundreeds of  strategic bombers to blow up Hoover Dam?

Maybe you still think that bombings of Hanoi, Haifon, Tripoli, Belgrade and countless other places were the act of self-defence of the little poor helpless North American United States?

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2003, 12:57:15 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
[I seem to protect Soviet views because I want to disturb your stagnant brain, and maybe finaly some day you'll look around and see all the crap that they feed you us. But every day I am getting more and more convinced that it's all futile. [/B]

I thought the Soviet views were as dead as the Revolution that formed it.

"A society based on disinformation is doomed to repeat its failures unless it looks to itself for the truth."

Before you get all upset with that comment remember we have the New York Times, Washington Post, Fox News and the Enquirer not only to report the news here but to also make it up.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 12:59:20 PM by ygsmilo »

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2003, 12:58:10 PM »
Originally posted by Duedel
U have to understand I'm not (like Schrder) totally against war.

Schroeder himself isn't against war. He's just brainwashed by the greens and the left wing of his party.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2003, 01:01:52 PM »
Boroda,I was responding to Wabbit's assertation that Germany doesn't deserve a say in UN cause they were led by an evil regime some time ago.I used Stalin's USSR as an example of why this is not a good idea.No slight was intended on the people of either nation.

BTW,you would look a lot "smatrer" if you checked your spelling.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2003, 01:04:37 PM »
Originally posted by -dead-
Hehe never seems to stop you in the evolution threads

You guys need to check up on the facts. Its not me who post out of my bellybutton there... (hmm, I like that expression)

The last E vs C thread ended when no one could explain the conflict between Darwins theory and the Punctuated equilibrium theory. Santa said something like "now I will go to my books and study hard, and soon I will return with a good answer to this question". That was something like 2-3 weeks ago.