Author Topic: Powells speech so far...  (Read 6380 times)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2003, 04:34:22 PM »
"Well we've heard from former and current inspectors, terrorism experts, Middle Eastern experts, generals and defence analysts as to why the evidence is credible - now over to the French to tell us why it isn't..."

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2003, 04:40:27 PM »
As for not having a vote, well history may be the reason. Other than that, we`re not a military power to be considered ATM. I still cant take that all-germans-are-nazis roadkill you`re giving me.

I never said all Germans are Nazi's.  I did say that given your countries behavior over the last century, the world community felt you couldn't be trusted with a voting seat on the Security Council.

So, for the most part, your countries opinion on international issues is pretty much irrelavent.  

And your countries opinion on moral matters is even more so.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2003, 04:54:45 PM »
Originally posted by AKWabbit
I never said all Germans are Nazi's.  I did say that given your countries behavior over the last century, the world community felt you couldn't be trusted with a voting seat on the Security Council.

So, for the most part, your countries opinion on international issues is pretty much irrelavent.  

And your countries opinion on moral matters is even more so.

Wab

Than I'm really asking me why many of u neo conservatives are so angry about the germans not to support this war?

If the USA will declare war on Iraq without UN does ur country still will have a seat at the UN? I really hope not!

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2003, 04:57:39 PM »
Originally posted by Duedel
If the USA will declare war on Iraq without UN does ur country still will have a seat at the UN? I really hope not

Whadda ya know, something we can agree on.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2003, 05:16:19 PM »
UN ...iraq must disarm , please, .........and let us have" peace in our time"

USA .....iraq will disarm, or else

iraq .....we don got no steeking weapons, and you lying yankee pig dogs can't find them, hahaha

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2003, 05:19:28 PM »
U have to understand I'm not (like Schröder) totally against war. I'm pro war if UN is pro war.
But to be really honest my knowledge (like urs) came from the media. So I (and u ) dont know nothing!
I'm not saying that the media is doing propaganda but they only know what the goverment is telling. So whats the truth?

Germans are mislead by propaganda in 1933 so we are very critical about news that came from some country that may have other interests than rescueing the Iraqies.

But one thing is for sure: Mr. Hussein is a dictator and one of the most worse!

My main concern is that if the US is declaring war on Iraq without the support of the UN there will be much more terrorism in the world.
To go alone (with the UK) is dangerous and not deliberate.
It could lead to an increased hatred  of the western countries by many muslims.
This surely would be the opposite Mr. Bush wants. I'm curious about what will happen...

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2003, 05:39:49 PM »

My main concern is that if the US is declaring war on Iraq without the support of the UN there will be much more terrorism in the world.

Duedel, the Islamic extremist terrorist in the world today don't need a reason or even an excuse to commit terrorism. The US will be blamed by them whether the UN backs an invasion of Iraq or not.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2003, 05:59:17 PM »
To go alone (with the UK) is dangerous and not deliberate.
It could lead to an increased hatred  of the western countries by many muslims.

Based on quotes from Musilim leaders around the world including ones living in the west, do you really believe that it matters if the UN approves or not?

"God has blessed a group of vanguard Muslims, the forefront of Islam, to destroy America."
From videotaped statement broadcast by Al Jazeera, October 7, 2001

"We issue the following fatwa to all Muslims: The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies -- civilians and military -- is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it....We -- with God's help -- call on every Muslim who believes in God and wishes to be rewarded to comply with God's order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it."
From World Islamic Front Statement, February 23, 1998

"Sheik Youssef al-Qaradawi, an Egyptian clergyman highly respected among the world's 1.2 billion Muslims, said "Muslims against suicide bombings are people who are alien to Sharia (Islamic laws) and religion." Friday August 3, 2001"

I am against America until this life ends, until the Day of Judgment;
I am against America even if the stone liquefies
My hatred of America, if part of it was contained in the universe, it would collapse.
She is the root of all evils, and wickedness on earth.
Who else implanted the tyrants in our land, who else nurtured oppression?

prominent government official cleric Shaikh Saad Al-Buraik
"Oh Muslim Ummah don't take the Jews and Christians as allies.
Jewish women as slaves he says:
Muslim Brothers in Palestine, do not have any mercy neither compassion on the Jews, their blood, their money, their flesh. Their women are yours to take, legitimately. God made them yours. Why don't you enslave their women? Why don't you wage jihad? Why don't you pillage them?

Ustad Abu Bakar Ba'asyir told Singapore's Sunday Times that the largely Roman Catholic Philippines deserved to be the target of a jihad
"I advocate jihad because it is important in the Koran," the 64-year-old Ba'asyir was quoted as saying in the interview with the Singapore newspaper.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2003, 06:11:04 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Duedel, the Islamic extremist terrorist in the world today don't need a reason or even an excuse to commit terrorism. The US will be blamed by them whether the UN backs an invasion of Iraq or not.

Yesteryear:
Death to Israel! Allah is great, Allah says Israel must be destroyed!
Today:
Death to Israel, USA ! Allah is great, Allah says Israel, USA must be destroyed!
Tomorrow:
Death to Israel, USA, UN! Allah is great, Allah says Israel,USA, UN must be destroyed!

{Rinse, repeat}

Bring it baby.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2003, 07:18:17 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
And UK troops. Remember we have a third of our regular army in, or on their way to the Gulf right now.

But like you say, if the UN says go, I say go.

"It is now reasonable to ask whether the United States should now or on any other occasion subordinate vital national interests to a show of hands by nations who do not share our interests"

France should no longer be considered our ally

I don't want to ever go before the UN again when our national interests are at stake. The UN is useless, why should we need there approval? Screw the UN.

I want the US to leave the UN and stop all funding for the UN. I want all our international aid to any country to be conditional on  their support and alliance to the US.

I'm tired of all the US food aid we give the world being labeled "UN" food aid. We pay for it, we should have the US flag on all the food and aid we give. If those countries don't like it, then they don't get our aid.

Ahhhh, feel so much better now! :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 07:20:29 PM by NUKE »

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2003, 07:50:12 PM »
"NK was just defending itself from American aggression" My god I didn't even think most modern North Koreans still believed that . Wow I hadn't realized that Boroda was so completely brainwashed . Most americans are so naive that they don't believe people like him exist .

When you tell the average american on the street that 80% of the Egyptian people believe that 9/11 was perpetrated by jews, they don't believe you .

I think most americans would benefit from a holiday in cambodia .
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 07:55:51 PM by Suave »

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2003, 12:46:44 AM »
Suave when you spend your entire life misinformed, it's easy to see things in weird ways.

Boroda is not the only example here though, I can see many similar signs in the euro vs usa threads here. People just don't know what they're talking about and that's sad.

Oh, and Gscholtz it's Capoeira Angola, Texas.. :p

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2003, 03:18:45 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
If the USA is unwilling to abide by the majority vote in the UN (which is the basis for democracy btw.) then yes, you should withdraw from the organization.
[/b]
The UN is not a democracy (hint: how many voters have veto powers in a democracy)

IF the US leaves the UN you are of course welcome to withdraw you funding, but at least pay what you owe them now. The rest of the UN would have to compensate for the loss of the USA contribution, shouldn't be too difficult.
[/b]
I too think the US should leave the UN. The UN will never survive if the US drops out, and I think the UN idea should be abandoned.  The UN might have been a good idea at some point, Im not sure, but right now it sure is not. The idea to have nations like Sudan or Iraq working on human rights is just insane. The notion that pissant nations like Uganda have as much influence (=voting power) as Japan, Germany, Brazil, Italy is rediculous.

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2003, 03:25:11 AM »
stupid brain :mad:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 03:32:04 AM by WpnX »
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
Powells speech so far...
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2003, 03:30:05 AM »
Originally posted by Suave
"NK was just defending itself from American aggression" My god I didn't even think most modern North Koreans still believed that . Wow I hadn't realized that Boroda was so completely brainwashed . Most americans are so naive that they don't believe people like him exist .

When you tell the average american on the street that 80% of the Egyptian people believe that 9/11 was perpetrated by jews, they don't believe you .

I think most americans would benefit from a holiday in cambodia .

Funny you should say that Suave. I've had 3 friends of mine go to North Korea and they say all of the people are so brainwashed they actually told each one of my buddys that the S. Koreans led by the American aggressors invaded the North.

I also agree with ya on Cambodia, I spent 5 weeks there a couple years ago. Did you visit Tol Sleng prison? (probably misspelled that:)
Elvis
The Flying Circus