Author Topic: D Day goon drops freeze the server.  (Read 2683 times)

Offline TRiMmer

• Copper Member
D Day goon drops freeze the server.
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2003, 03:16:43 PM »
maw....mag....whatever, does not matter, goon drop like those only fragments the community.  

trm

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2003, 03:26:30 PM »

Well aren't you special !!!

For the most part, everybody helps ... it just those that drop to the level of conversation and insults, such as yours, when confronted, that separates you from the rest of the crowd.

Your debating skills always seem to digress to insults, or name calling, or challenges in the DA, or reference to score, or all of the above.

:rolleyes:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2003, 03:31:12 PM »
what's all this useless babble?

*SLAP*
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2003, 03:39:05 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Your debating skills always seem to digress to insults, or name calling, or challenges in the DA, or reference to score, or all of the above.
:rolleyes:

re-read this thread from when it was revived and see who started what.

d'oh.

tardlets, one and all.  i just try and talk at the level confronted with.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2003, 03:51:10 PM »
Maybe its you that needs to re-read from the beginning.

This thread started on 02-16-2003 07:28 PM by Swoop so I don't see where "revival" fits.

I confronted you on your intentions (no name calling, insults, etc on my part) and just one post later from you, starts the behaviour that I have already described. Confrontation always brings out the best in you.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2003, 04:04:53 PM »
This thread is so out of whack I don't even know what it's about. :)

I don't know of a better group of guys in Aces High than the MAWs.  All of them are polite in conversation and will do their best to execute their plans in an efficient manner.

To be sure, the MAWs (like all squadrons) have a few members that enjoy channel 1.  So what?  I have seen few mean spirited remarks from MAWs (which tells you their CO is active on the squad channel.)

A few weeks ago, Hblair poked good humored fun at me because I still enjoy capturing bases.  I suppose this is in contrast to furballing / fighter sweeps / reliving memories of car bombing.

The MAWs and AKs have the same prime objective any time we're in the arena: BASE CAPTURE.

Ice is one of the most even-tempered fellows I know in Aces High.  I can talk sense with Ice anytime.

Ice would never be involved in any action which would deliberately damage game play.  To suggest otherwise is ludicrous and mean-spirited in the foulest sense.

You guys go away and do something productive ... flog your monkey, drain your lizard or walk your dog.

curly

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2003, 04:24:03 PM »
Bloody hell lads.  

Everyone got PMS?

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2003, 04:32:05 PM »
Originally posted by AKcurly

The MAWs and AKs have the same prime objective any time we're in the arena: BASE CAPTURE.

curly

And it's pretty damn funny when both the Aks and the MAW are running an NOE mission....and bump into each other on the way to their respective targets.

Talk about head scratching, mass confusion.

I remember the last time this happened. Neither squad knew whether to drop their ordinance and engage or not. We finally did and it turned out to be one massive furball in the middle of nowhere. I think you guys won that one.

Ice is very even tempered, Curly. I'm the one that curses up a storm when I get knocked out by an AK. Of coursre, I never broadcast it. Chuklz seems to have a big red target on my tail this tour.

Anyway, AKs. We'll see you up.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2003, 04:39:57 PM »
Curly you are a class act allways have been allways will be. Same goes for the rest of the AK's. Looking forward to meeting you at the con if your going that is.

Now if every one else would just let this thread die. We could move on to more important stuff.

Like trying to take over the world!
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2003, 04:56:04 PM »
You mean thread such as this one

Bad example, since everyone starts calling Shane names before he even calls anyone a 'slobberdonkey' towards the end of the thread.  

It seems that certain people have a perverted and unhealthy obssession with Shane, kind of like IH8MAWS obssession towards the MAWs.  Professional help in order?

Ack-Ack

Offline qts

• Nickel Member
      • None yet
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2003, 05:07:33 PM »
You know, I really don't see this as a user problem. How much overhead would it be to put in some bounds checking? To only send messages about the drop if you are within D6?

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2003, 05:27:19 PM »
The problem with drunks is that if you don't send the message out, those not in range at the time of release will not see them.  Remember the invisible troops bug?

As for the MAW... I've never had an issue with them in any of the arenas.  I can't really say the same about shane.

MiniD

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2003, 05:58:09 PM »
Maybe its you that needs to re-read from the beginning.

This thread started on 02-16-2003 07:28 PM by Swoop so I don't see where "revival" fits.

I confronted you on your intentions (no name calling, insults, etc on my part) and just one post later from you, starts the behaviour that I have already described. Confrontation always brings out the best in you.

the original issue was from last novemeber... golfer revived that thread, and this one shortly followed it.

you're not too bright, are you?

you confronted me on my intentions? lol, you outright accused me of trying to get icemaw in trouble

man, whatta  tardMAW.

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2003, 06:48:29 PM »
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline MWHUN

• Copper Member
      • http://www.most-wanted.org
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2003, 10:21:08 AM »
I have never seen a squad take more daily abuse than the MAWs in recent memory.

It's getting a bit silly and definitely old...:rolleyes: