Author Topic: US POWs  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
US POWs
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2003, 02:47:18 PM »
Originally posted by Animal
I didnt know you needed superhuman upper body strenght to be a good leader or an excellent marksman.

I for one will not argue this point.

I didnt know you needed many years of evolution to have courage under fire.

hoever I've seen a whole string of women who did not posess the upper body strength to charge a Mk-19... but they were still "certified" thanks to PC

Granted, I didnt see any women under combat (not being in combat myself) but I did see women being better leaders than most of the men around, and I saw women who shot better with a rifle than most men around.

Some.. however in my time I've seen very little of this.  Remove the "most" and I'll agree.

And if you think all men in the army are strong guys, wrong. Take a stride around an army base. Mostly they are average. With a nice exersice routine an already sturdy gal could easily have above average strenght compared to the men around them (in the ARMY at least, know nothing about Marines)

And as pilots, well lasz2 go to an AF or Navy base, go look for ANY female pilot in a bar, walk up to her male buddies and tell them your little female inferiority theory and I would love to film their reaction.

:D  Ya.. I'd like to see this scenario played out myself hehehe

I agree though that women should not join teams like special forces, but really, if a woman enters the trial hell week and passes it, something most men cant even get half past, how can you deny her the right to be in?

I guess my "experienced" input would lead me to agree... JUST AS LONG as standards are not lowered (as in the case of USAF Combat Controllers).  IMO those standards are there for a reason... but someone still needs to tell me how to handle the issue of SEX (in a broader sense you perv's).  We're not talking robots here, and like it or not, it's an issue that has made it's presence loud and clear over the years.

"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
US POWs
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2003, 03:22:02 PM »
Originally posted by Vermillion
Sorry Fishu I missed your response in this thread earlier today.  Back to the Geneva Convention issue....

To be honest I'm not sure, I'm not a lawyer, let alone an international lawyer.  But in the case above the Geneva convention definitely would not cover those people.  The Geneva convention is very specific in how it defines military personnel and how they should be treated.  But, its ONLY for military personnel.

So we're actually talking about illegal arrest, torture and death of people regarded as civilians under geneva convention

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
US POWs
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2003, 04:03:13 PM »
No its not illegal (specifically under the Geneva convention, because it doesn't apply) as many of them were active in insurgency and terrorism.  And I seriously doubt that most were arrestted without weapons or involvement in Taliban or Al Qaeda.  Consult your local international lawyer for what legal conventions applies.

But you can stop the "Its against the Geneva Convention!!!" crap.