Author Topic: I hadn't played my offline sims in a while  (Read 432 times)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
I hadn't played my offline sims in a while
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2000, 12:39:00 PM »
We come in an 11 meg download and not on multiple CDs.  We're also geared to support a huge number of different aircraft.  There are some other constraints as well, but we still have a lots of graphics improvements that we haven't got to yet because of development priorities.  That'll be changing as we move from finishing up major pieces like the ships to polishing up other details.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Igloo

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2000, 02:18:00 PM »
I wouldn't mind a 50meg download.

------------------
Squadron Leader, Igloo.
C/O RCAF 411 Squadron - County of York

"Problems cannot be solved with the same awareness that created them" - Albert Einstein[/i]

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2000, 02:23:00 PM »
I know pyro you guys are doing a GREAT job with the amount of people you have working on this game. The progress in 1 yearreally is amazing. And I know you will get to some of this stuff eentually  

But the priority on small downloads is good, but I am not 100% sure its necessary. Some of the most popular online games have 30-40 meg downloads (I am thinking counter-strike) if you have never played before, while updates are probably around 5-10 megs. Obviously I have a t1 connection so downloads dont mean as much to me as to a modem user..

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2000, 02:55:00 AM »
Yup..thought so Pyro.

As I said, I assumed development time would be a problem.
That includes not being to update as often because the CD would have to mailed to each user (additional cost too). You could download it but at 56k most people wouldn't like that.

The 3D issues I understand fully since I did professional 3D animation for 15 years (until very recently).