Author Topic: Dune's "From the I told you so" Dpt.  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Dune's "From the I told you so" Dpt.
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2003, 09:51:58 AM »
Lol... nice one. :)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2003, 09:55:52 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Rude.
Do you remember this?

Do you understand what an bellybutton you are?

Well, if you're looking for me to admit that I was wrong as to waiting outside Bagdad and the victory being that simple....yes, I was wrong and openly admit it....if you're implying that I said it would be over in one week, then you're putting words in my mouth.

Killing hundreds of thousands of people won't happen...you would probably like to blame us for something like that, but I still feel that casualties will be minimal in the scope of what wars have produced in the past.

As to your personal insult directed at me, that too is wrong. If you had tried as hard to get to know me as you have trying to insult me, then we might be on better terms.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 10:08:33 AM by Rude »

Offline squelch_19

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2003, 09:55:54 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Well, "moth to a flame" wasn't a good analogy.

More like a moth to a floodlight. After all, you aren't incinerated each time you fly through; you just hit the lens and cycle back.

bzzzzzzzzzzt......... doink!

Gettin' a headache yet? :D

I certainly don't consider myself your personal itching affliction but I am truly amused at the irony of a guy that says he just can't stand to read this type of thread who then reads and posts in a bunch of them. Seems to me you give yourself your very own case of the red *ss. Self-inflicted 'roids. I mean, who doesn't laugh at that?

I don't like this war. In fact, if you do a search, you'll find I was opposed to this action before it started. Now that US troops are engaged, I want it over as fast as possible.

And, being the O-Club, I feel I can discuss it with those who also wish to discuss it.

And some that say they don't.

:D

NOW THAT WAS INTERESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

! [edit](I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!)[/edit]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 10:09:48 AM by squelch_19 »

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2003, 10:05:43 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Rude.
Do you remember this?

Do you understand what an bellybutton you are?

Pongo... no offense but Rude's quote so far looks right on.
We're right outside of Bagdad... casualites have been verrrry low for BOTH sides and Saddam's Government could crash at any moment..especialy after his RG's are routed...
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2003, 10:17:47 AM »
lol Toad. :D

Squelch... with all due respect, bud, you haven't been here very long. Not your fault, but you should realise that this O-club discusses current affairs... alot. It always has done. The war is a very current affair right now, when it's over, the threads that discuss it will largely fizzle out and we will then start discussing the reconstruction of Iraq etc. That's the way it has worked. If that's not your thang, then, fair enough. But don't expect the O-club to change to questions about gardening, interior decor or Feng Shui. It just isn't going to happen. :)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2003, 10:18:12 AM »
I mean..no one else on these boards cares

he shoots, he scores

nice shot Pongo !!!

Offline squelch_19

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2003, 10:31:13 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
lol Toad. :D

Squelch... with all due respect, bud, you haven't been here very long. Not your fault, but you should realise that this O-club discusses current affairs... alot. It always has done. The war is a very current affair right now, when it's over, the threads that discuss it will largely fizzle out and we will then start discussing the reconstruction of Iraq etc. That's the way it has worked. If that's not your thang, then, fair enough. But don't expect the O-club to change to questions about gardening, interior decor or Feng Shui. It just isn't going to happen. :)

I'm not new to the forum...just new to posting in it. I know how it works.

And I am not the only one who wants HT to stick up a 'War Forum'. People like you are just scared of change. It's not your fault.

:D

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2003, 11:15:57 AM »

Has the bright light of reason shone through yet?

Or are you still in the "knocked senseless" self-imposed darkness?

But then, I guess I know the answer to that. Sorry for asking.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline squelch_19

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2003, 11:21:14 AM »

Has the bright light of reason shone through yet?

Or are you still in the "knocked senseless" self-imposed darkness?

But then, I guess I know the answer to that. Sorry for asking.

This has been a successful hi-jack.

Thanks for your stupidity, Toad! :D

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2003, 11:25:22 AM »
Thanks, but I am truly not worthy.

I therefore humble myself and perform obeisance before the true master, your worshipfulness.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2003, 11:27:51 AM »
So what subjects do you want to talk about? Start a thread, let's see what you're made of, old bean.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline squelch_19

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2003, 11:29:20 AM »
Thanks, but I am truly not worthy.

I therefore humble myself and perform obeisance before the true master, your worshipfulness.

If it wasn't me, it would have been someone else.

:p

Offline squelch_19

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2003, 11:30:36 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
So what subjects do you want to talk about? Start a thread, let's see what you're made of, old bean.

O.K.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2003, 11:43:45 AM »
And for the rest of the posters in this thread, let me say that I am much reassured and comforted by the news that the headlong rush to Baghdad is apparently slowed while new units are brought into theater.

The pending arrival of the 4th ID, supposedly our most advanced technically is a good thing. Estimates put them "combat ready" some time in mid-April. I think those troops will help secure the current situation. Also, a small part of the 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment is otw as well with Helo's and GV's.

I don't think a Baghdad assault is going to happen for much longer than that.

Because: (from Knight Ridder)

And three armored units - the 1st Cavalry Division, the 1st Armored Division and the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment - are still in the United States or Europe and will not be in the Gulf region until mid- to late April.

So, I think there's been a reevaluation of the plan and we all might as well get comfortable because this could easily run into June the way it looks now. Obviously, they've alerted a lot more armor for deployment.

Of course, things are "fluid" as they say.  ;)

Additionally,

Offline squelch_19

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2003, 11:49:26 AM »
But like I was saying: you hard-core war devotees need a little a 'nest egg' of your own.

Because littering the board should a punishable offense.

:)