Author Topic: Please tell me why we at War??  (Read 2888 times)

Offline bashwolf

• Copper Member
      • http://www.fly.to/airwolves
Please tell me why we at War??
« on: March 27, 2003, 09:46:25 PM »
I am not American born, European, or Middle Eastern  but I sure like to know what others from these 3 conteintes why US at war with Iraq??  I have done my research to find the truth or so-called truth.  I like to hear from you guys your opionion s etc will be  greatly appreciated.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 09:48:40 PM »
just read any one of the last 10 pages of threads in this forum and pick a reason.

Oil
Freedom of an oppressed people
Terrorism
upcoming election
economy
etc etc
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 09:56:49 PM by Martlet »

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2003, 09:54:22 PM »
Just the usual ho hum.  Free nations being compelled to commit to war in an effort to drive tryanny out of the soul of a nation held hostage by a gang using techniques of utmost savagry to bind tightly by terror and fear an entire population.

Oh yeah, its about trading blood for oil.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2003, 10:15:21 PM »
hehe just like in nam .

lol

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2003, 10:23:32 PM »
ok bash.. the short version..

iraq breaks treatys, begins to rearm. tosses out UN weapons inspectors, UN passes more resolutions.

then 9/11 happens. US war on terror starts. Al Quieda linked to 9/11 attacks, the AQ linked to Taliban in Afganistan. We invade afganistan, toss taliban. Some AQ operatives located in Iraq. other AQ operatives tracked to Iraq from afganistan. AQ linked terror base located in NE iraq. Iraq intel operatives known to meet with AQ supporters, organizers, operatives. US government ties possible distribution of iraqs WMD technology and/or materials to AQ. Iraq continues to back other terror orginizations, tho connection of iraq to AQ remains tenuous. No matter.. iraq is certainly a terror supporter, makes it onto top of chimpys happy hit list of bad guys. Korea is #2 on list at this time.

Under pressure from US, UN passes another resoultion demanding that iraq complies with weapons inspections, demands full accounting. US mobilizes large buildup of troops to enforce resolutions. Un gets cold feet, France leads axis of weazels to block enforcement of resolutions they signed off on previously. UN moves against iraq without UN sanction for force. Axis of Weasels protests American agression.

and there we are.. in two paragraphs.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2003, 10:27:03 PM »
you cant be serious that you still believe the lie about aq being linked to the iraqi government. even bush dosnt say it anymore.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2003, 10:35:40 PM »
frog, yer an ass. You still believe AQ was NOT operating in Iraq?

---------------------

UNITED NATIONS (CNN) -- The regime of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein for years has consorted with the al Qaeda terrorist network, often using as a go-between a shadowy figure who set up a training camp in northeast Iraq, Secretary of State Colin Powell said Wednesday.

Speaking to the U.N. Security Council, Powell offered the most detailed explanation yet of possible links between Baghdad and associates of Osama bin Laden. At its center, he said, is Abu Mussab Zarqawi, a bin Laden associate who has traveled in Iraq.

Iraqi officials have steadfastly denied that they have any links to al Qaeda, insisting such charges are part of a U.S. disinformation effort to justify a military attack. Powell dismissed their denials, and said Iraq has a record of trying to deceive the world.

"Ambition and hatred are enough to bring Iraq and al Qaeda together," Powell said.

After al Qaeda and the Taliban were ousted from Afghanistan, Zarqawi, a Jordanian national, established a camp in northeastern Iraq to train terrorists in using explosives and poisons, Powell said.

The camp is in the northern Kurdish area of the country, outside the control of the Iraqi regime, but Iraq has kept track of events there by infiltrating Ansar al-Islam, a radical Islamic group that controls the area, Powell said.

Intelligence services disagree whether the camp is actually linked to Saddam's regime.

Zarqawi also has been sighted in Baghdad, Powell said. He traveled to Baghdad for medical treatment last May, staying there for two months "while he recuperated to fight another day," Powell said.

During Zarqawi's stay in Baghdad, nearly two dozen of his associates set up a base of operations in the capital to move people, money and supplies throughout the country, said Powell. "They've now been operating freely in the capital for more than eight months," Powell said.

The United States, using another international intelligence service as an intermediary, twice gave the Iraqi government information it could have used to apprehend Zarqawi and break the Baghdad cell, but "Zarqawi still remains at large to come and go," he said. "From his terrorist network in Iraq, Zarqawi can direct his network in the Middle East and beyond."

Zarqawi's group is linked to a number of recent terrorist operations, Powell said. Among them:

• In October, Lawrence Foley, an official with the U.S. Agency for International Development, was gunned down in Amman, Jordan. "The captured assassin says his cell received money and weapons from Zarqawi for that murder, " Powell said. An associate of the gunman escaped to Iraq, he added.

• Last month, British police uncovered a terrorist plot to produce ricin, a deadly toxin, and Powell said the thwarted attack was linked to Zarqawi's group. Several Western intelligence agencies have said the planned attack has been tied to training provided by Zarqawi.

• At least 116 operatives connected to Zarqawi's network have been arrested in France, Britain, Spain and Italy. The network was also planning attacks in Germany and Russia, Powell said.

• At least nine North African extremists traveled to Europe in 2001 to conduct explosive and poison attacks, an al Qaeda detainee who trained under Zarqawi has told intelligence agents.

• Last year, two suspected al Qaeda operatives linked to associates of Zarqawi's Baghdad cell, including one who was trained in the use of cyanide, were arrested as they crossed the border from Iraq into Saudi Arabia.

Members of al Qaeda and Iraqi intelligence "have met at least eight times at very senior levels since the early 1990s," Powell said. In 1996, bin Laden met with a senior Iraqi intelligence official in Sudan, and later that year had a meeting with the director of Iraq's intelligence service, he said.

Powell also said a senior al Qaeda member has reported that Saddam was more willing to assist al Qaeda after the bombings of U.S. embassies in Africa in 1998 and was impressed by the attack on the USS Cole in 2000.

According to Powell, a senior al Qaeda operative, now being detained, said that a terrorist operative was sent to Iraq several times between 1997 and 2000 for help in acquiring poisons and chemical weapons. He was dispatched after bin Laden concluded that al Qaeda labs in Afghanistan were not capable of manufacturing such materials, Powell said.

Also, said Powell, a senior Iraqi defector, one of Saddam's former European intelligence chiefs, said Iraqi agents were sent to Afghanistan in the mid-1990s to train al Qaeda members in document forgery.

-----------------------------------------------
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2003, 10:39:15 PM »
Doesn't make much sense to put a camp in Kurdish territory if the Al-Qaeda is pro-Hussein.

Now... if they were anti-Hussein, it makes more sense.

Don't you think?
sand

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2003, 10:41:04 PM »
One thing that has yet to be disproven:  Some of the Al Qaeda detainees in Cuba have said that Iraq was training Al Qaeda in the use of chemical weapons.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2003, 10:44:46 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup
One thing that has yet to be disproven:  Some of the Al Qaeda detainees in Cuba have said that Iraq was training Al Qaeda in the use of chemical weapons.

EDIT:
NM... I was probably wrong.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 10:46:53 PM by Sandman »
sand

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2003, 10:45:26 PM »
Uhhhh no.
Irrelevant anyways.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2003, 10:45:34 PM »
nit pickin.

AQ operatives in Iraq. Iraq notified of operatives presence. iraq does nothing. AQ camp in Iraq. If we notifed the canadians that Zarqawi was in toronto and they did squat about it, would you consider canada pro-terror and pro AQ?

i am not convinced a 'formal' relationship existed, thos all those proven meetings between AQ reps and husseins intel folks is hard not to believe having some substance.

frankly, i'm pretty sure if some of you guys saw a rape you'd report a lewd display of public fornication.

do, dah, do dah, and day.

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2003, 10:48:32 PM »
You're either with us, or you're against us.  If there are known terrorists in Canada, and they do nothing about it, don't cry if you find SOS members entered your country and dealt with the problem for you.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2003, 10:52:52 PM »
... IIRC, the U.S. trained Iraq.

that tired 'we sold 'em, we trained 'em, he's your puppet' line of horse**** don't fly. alliances change. priorities change. it ain't 1980 anymore.

so one more time for the assmaster association..

we supported ho chi minh. we supported mao. we supported stalin. we supported noriega, castro and any number of the best and worst gawdamned monsters on the palnet at one time or another.

didn't stop the world from turnin.. and as it did we wound up having to put all those *******s on the **** list.

give up the nickeodeon diplomacy.

...at home, or abroad.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2003, 10:54:23 PM »
Did you mean this Sandman:
http://cleveland.indymedia.org:8081/front.php3?article_id=3008
Training in 1967, mostly defensive, before Saddam was in power.  Looks like it was training in theory in doctrine rather than on actual weapons systems.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 11:00:22 PM by funkedup »