Author Topic: Please tell me why we at War??  (Read 2887 times)

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Please tell me why we at War??
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2003, 12:12:47 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
I'm very perceptive, I just have trouble with horrible english.

wanna teach me some of your english please....

oh wait....maybe I gotta stick a banana up my bellybutton to be uptight just like you.....then I'll be able to type good english as opposed to...hmm hmm horrible :D

hmmm think my english is improving...don't ya think.:p

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2003, 12:27:08 PM »
I'd say PNAC signatories:  Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Elliott Abrams, and I. Lewis Libby exercise consderably more influence in the present administration (of which they are all members), than the typical "special interest group".
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2003, 12:35:00 PM »
Naw Bill Kristol is the one to listen too.. he lets the truth slip out every once in awhile. He was on one of the Sunday talk shows last week he said something like "if we let the American people know the agenda of the PNAC, we'd get accused of empire building".. heh.. yeah I guess so.

But what's wrong with it?.. Lets say for example this is their plan.. just for argument sake.. Take a ruler and draw a line stright across from Syra to Afganastain.. He who controls the spiget controls the spice.. the power.. Imagine this: a million man army across the middle east.. any trouble spots are dealt with within minutes.. We deal in dollars.. the entire world would have to switch over to a doller ecomony. What's wrong with that?.. If this pans out your George Bush fella could be the greatest president ever.. It would indeed be the new American century.

What my problem is is they didn't package the truth of their agenda... they are attacking under false pretextes. If they had sugar coated the PNAC plan a little better, more Americans would have gone for it. Not the world.. they see this as a direct threat to them. Not the Arabs.. not the billion Muslums in the world.. Not the billion Chinese, not the 2,400 Russion nukes pointed our way.. Not the international lenders that raise or lower the value of the dollar.. but other than that it's a great plan.

No I don't want to double down on our bet Toad.. 45$ is enough. This might take a little longer than we thought.. come May and June this thing might not be over.. I don't know what they're going to do during the summer months.. fight on I guess.

A comment I heard the other day I thought was interesting.. The Iraqi people are not willing to fight for Saddam.. they hate him But they are willing to fight for IRAQ... And ya know.. no matter how much I dislike President Bush, some Chinese mofo's start climbing up Hapuna beach.. boy howdy.. I'd be down there with the rest of the rednecks with my 30/30..

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2003, 01:53:44 PM »
I'd say it's pretty difficult to dismiss the PNAC as yer typical Washington big money special interest group. Many of those guys are *in* the administration. Like popeye said, the blueprint for the Iraq invasion was drawn up well before OBL and 9/11 by guys like Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz... who've since become the Vice President, Secretary of Defense and Deputy Secretary of Defense.

And voila! There's now war in Iraq.

When Chief of Staff Andrew Card said (in talking about selling the Iraq war to the American public) "From an advertising point of view, you don't launch a new product line until after Labor Day"... I don't know why people would be so skeptical about the idea there was indeed a lot of selling going on. (Read that as reasons given for invading... not all of them impure, mind you.) You had Rumsfeld urging that 9/11 must be exploited to compell the public to buy into the Iraq invasion - on the very day that the WTC and Pentagon were hit.

This isn't tinfoil hat conspiracy stuff. It's all a matter of record.

It's a pretty interesting set of circumstances that brought us this new Gulf War, and I'm sure it's going to get even more interesting later as more becomes known about it...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2003, 01:57:31 PM by Nash »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2003, 02:01:18 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
wanna teach me some of your english please....

oh wait....maybe I gotta stick a banana up my bellybutton to be uptight just like you.....then I'll be able to type good english as opposed to...hmm hmm horrible :D

hmmm think my english is improving...don't ya think.:p

[edited for violation of forum rules]
« Last Edit: March 28, 2003, 03:28:31 PM by Martlet »

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2003, 03:03:30 PM »
From the PNAC report, "Rebuilding America's Defenses", dated September 2000:

"Indeed, the United States has for decades sought to play a more permanent role in Gulf regional security.  While the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Suddam Hussein."

Signed by members of the current administration:  Paul Wolfowitz, Eliot Cohen, I. Lewis Libby, Stephen Cambone, Devon Gaffney Cross, and Dov Zakheim (among others).
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2003, 03:16:18 PM »
EDIT: Original quote deleted.

Alert! Basic decency alert! Alert!

:D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2003, 03:31:48 PM by Sandman »
sand

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2003, 03:18:06 PM »
That was uncalled for Martlet.  Make it right please.

And Sandman, the check is in the mail.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2003, 03:20:14 PM »
I don't understand.
sand

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2003, 03:21:49 PM »
You been doing that a lot today.  Maybe too far a stretch,..I'll rethink it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2003, 03:27:15 PM »
W00t Sandman has joined me on the wanna-be assistant moderator payroll!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2003, 03:28:15 PM »
LOL!  Ok,..so the stretch was not that far after all.

Your slowin down Sandman. :D
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2003, 03:30:21 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
That was uncalled for Martlet.  Make it right please.

i fixed it, but I will remind you that it was a quote of his words, not mine.  I don't see how it was any less right than his post.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2003, 03:30:44 PM »
Thanks Funked... I get it now...

Geez...
sand

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2003, 03:32:46 PM »
look, everybody just needs to calm down and put away their bananas before someone gets hurt.