Author Topic: Please tell me why we at War??  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Please tell me why we at War??
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2003, 05:08:57 PM »
Originally posted by blitz
Yah , thats it. Your government supports all, if it fits the day.

And later ya come back yelling about humanity, that's disgusting :(

Yes, it most certainly fit THAT day, didn't it?

And we were yelling about humanity afterwards. At Nuremberg.

I have no problem that we supported Stalin at that time. It was CLEARLY the lesser of two evils.

But I see you have problem with it. :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2003, 05:15:46 PM »
I have absolutely No sympathy for Saddam Hussein, jfyi.

Nor apparently do you have any sympathy for the people who suffer under his murderous rule right now.

And that, Blitz, is the bottom line, isn't it?

One person is in violation of 12 years of UN resolutions to disarm/discard his weapons of mass destruction.

This after he invaded Kuwait and practised his slaughter there.

On top of that, he is clearly a murderous dictator that visits slaughter on his own populace.

Then there's Bush. The guy that has said he WILL enforce the 12 year old UN sanctions and, in the process, remove this dictator from his throne of oppression.

In all your posts, you've made it more than clear that you find Bush to be the "more evil" of the two.

As I've said before, it seems that in our "modern" world many folks have lost the ability to distinguish the difference between good and evil. I belive, in the long run THIS is what will eventually destroy our world civilization.

The evidence is now right here in this thread too.

:D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2003, 05:18:52 PM »
And all with the support of your government, damn.

You bastard.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2003, 05:20:17 PM »
As we ourselves are designed to come to an end, so is the planet, the sun, the cosmos.

Eventually everything will end.  No point in moving any faster than is specified in the design drawings.

Having said that, if you can distinguish bewteen a good life and a bad life, and you have the ability to decide for yourself which one you wish to pursue, shouldnt you at least try to preserve that ability, with violance if neccessary from those who would prefer to make that decision for you?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2003, 05:38:02 PM »
Chastise? No, I think not.

It's all merely history. I do find it..... something, I'm not sure of the exact word... that one with his roots finds it so easy to ignore a dictator flaunting his violation of a treaty, pursuing and hiding WMD while slaughtering a part of his own population for both ethnic and religious reasons.

In truth, it puzzles me.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2003, 05:40:47 PM »
Guess what that makes you?

go ahead. say it.

i double dog dare yah.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2003, 05:46:11 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Heh X2Lee, it's kind of funny how you all chastise poor old Blitz for actions taken by his country before he was even born. Yet when he does the same (albeit not before you were born), he's a bastard. Guess what that makes you?

I calll it like I see it.
guess that makes me a SOB.
I am subject to twist his nose off if I meet him in person.

I guess it would be OK if I had a sig line that read
" there were no
extermination camps in Germany its just redickulus"

same thing as his IMO

???????

I didnt say his grandpa was a nazi once.
Saying Americans were tied to the gassing of over 100,000
kurds and using iraqi documents to prove it makes him
worthy of the phrase IMO.
Plus he has already made fun of American POWS on this MB

I stick by my statement.

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2003, 05:46:17 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Nor apparently do you have any sympathy for the people who suffer under his murderous rule right now.

And that, Blitz, is the bottom line, isn't it?

One person is in violation of 12 years of UN resolutions to disarm/discard his weapons of mass destruction.

This after he invaded Kuwait and practised his slaughter there.

On top of that, he is clearly a murderous dictator that visits slaughter on his own populace.

Then there's Bush. The guy that has said he WILL enforce the 12 year old UN sanctions and, in the process, remove this dictator from his throne of oppression.

In all your posts, you've made it more than clear that you find Bush to be the "more evil" of the two.

As I've said before, it seems that in our "modern" world many folks have lost the ability to distinguish the difference between good and evil. I belive, in the long run THIS is what will eventually destroy our world civilization.

The evidence is now right here in this thread too.

I see how these people love you . Basra.

Regards Blitz

America was threatened by Iraq in no way, it was just plain ridiculous, it's an "Angriffskrieg"

2 Million people was killed in Vietnam, 3 million injured. What for?

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2003, 05:50:19 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Yes, it most certainly fit THAT day, didn't it?

And we were yelling about humanity afterwards. At Nuremberg.

I have no problem that we supported Stalin at that time. It was CLEARLY the lesser of two evils.

But I see you have problem with it. :D

We talkin about Saddam + Us support, not about WW2.

Like it or not.: Your government supported evil Saddam even with WMDs as it fits you.

Regards Blitz

America was threatened by Iraq in no way, it was just plain ridiculous, it's an "Angriffskrieg"

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2003, 05:52:23 PM »
Originally posted by X2Lee
You bastard.

Thx :)

Regards Blitz

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2003, 05:54:31 PM »
Blitz is just one more anti american whiner that hops on any anti american bandwagon that comes by him.  End of story.  Deny it or discuss it all you want, it doesn't keep it from being the truth.

As a result, I laugh at almost everything that comes out of his mouth.  Even if he happens to use a fact as opposed to his usual fiction, it is still humorous due to his positioning.

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2003, 05:59:02 PM »
Originally posted by X2Lee
I calll it like I see it.
guess that makes me a SOB.
I am subject to twist his nose off if I meet him in person.

I guess it would be OK if I had a sig line that read
" there were no
extermination camps in Germany its just redickulus"

same thing as his IMO

???????

I didnt say his grandpa was a nazi once.
Saying Americans were tied to the gassing of over 100,000
kurds and using iraqi documents to prove it makes him
worthy of the phrase IMO.
Plus he has already made fun of American POWS on this MB

I stick by my statement.

Just try to read a book sometimes, it's hard but it's  well worth the effort.

Movies not enough :)

Regards Blitz

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2003, 06:00:58 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Blitz is just one more anti american whiner that hops on any anti american bandwagon that comes by him.  End of story.  Deny it or discuss it all you want, it doesn't keep it from being the truth.

As a result, I laugh at almost everything that comes out of his mouth.  Even if he happens to use a fact as opposed to his usual fiction, it is still humorous due to his positioning.

At least you could smile

Regards Blitz

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2003, 06:16:39 PM »
Lets talk facts NOW:
1. Iraq is run by a brutal dictator
2. Iraq has waged war on its neighbours
3. The population of Iraq is roughly 20 Million
4. There are 4 Million Iraqi's living in exile for fear of their lives
5. Iraqs govt has waged war on minorities in Iraq which has included the use of chemical weapons
6. Iraq repeatedly violated UN resolutions it agreed too
7. Iraq was made efforts to hide its illegal weapons programs
8. A popular uprising of south Iraqi's was brutally put down by the Republican Guard
9. the Ansar Al-Islam terrorist orginisations operations in Kurd Iraq and openly wages war with the Kurds to Saddams benefit
10. Ansar Al Islam is tied to Al Qaeda
11. Ansar Al Islam and Al Qaeda operatives are allowed to travel freely through central Iraq to Kurd Iraq
12. Kurdistan claims the Iraqi military supply Ansar Al Islam with weapons and explosives
13. Saddam Hussein pays families of 'martyred' Palestian suicide bombers US$25000.
14. The UN stopped lifted all but the weapons sanctions in 2002, Iraq has had nothing stopping mainstream food and medical supplies coming in.
15. Iraq has sold food supplied by the UN and received in the food for oil program on to other countries at the expense of its people.
16. Saddam Hussein has built 100 new palaces since the last war including some of the most luxurious palaces every seen in the world.
17. Iraq's illegal oil export program is estimated at US$2billion per year
18. The Iraqi's govt blames to food shortage on the UN
19. Iraqs openly celebrated the WTC attack

Now, these are all well known facts. Well documented too.

Too me, taking out Saddam is not just about one war, its sending a signal that these terrorist nations cannot continue to exist in todays world. It'll make other nations think twice about supporting attacks, through whatever means, like 9/11.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2003, 06:21:22 PM »
I see how these people love you . Basra.

I don't think the people of Paris took to the streets waving US flags on D-Day +10 either. Paris wasn't liberated until August 25th, IIRC.

You won't know how they truly feel until they can speak and act without fear of the Fedayeen Saddam standing behind them in civilian clothes with a pistol pressed to their spine.

Time will tell.