Author Topic: Please tell me why we at War??  (Read 3038 times)

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Please tell me why we at War??
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2003, 03:07:18 PM »
"everyone" is a lie.

As for terrorism, lets face it: Terrorism is a threat to everyone.

To stop fighting terrorism within your own borders invites the same terrorist attacks we saw within our borders, and in the Phillipines these past few years.

It's ignorant to stop fighting terrorism because the US went it alone in Iraq, you will be inviting terrorsts already within your own countries to freely attack wherever they choose. Within your own borders, or within your neighboring countries borders- it will happen if you stop fighting terrorism.

The war isn't lost, and in terms of politics- guess what? Chem/Bio weapons are found or used and Bush WINS politically. He hasn't lost politically yet, if no bio/chem weapons are used or found- THEN he loses.
-SW

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2003, 03:19:01 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
"everyone" is a lie.

As for terrorism, lets face it: Terrorism is a threat to everyone.

To stop fighting terrorism within your own borders invites the same terrorist attacks we saw within our borders, and in the Phillipines these past few years.

It's ignorant to stop fighting terrorism because the US went it alone in Iraq, you will be inviting terrorsts already within your own countries to freely attack wherever they choose. Within your own borders, or within your neighboring countries borders- it will happen if you stop fighting terrorism.

The war isn't lost, and in terms of politics- guess what? Chem/Bio weapons are found or used and Bush WINS politically. He hasn't lost politically yet, if no bio/chem weapons are used or found- THEN he loses.
-SW

Noone will stop the fight against terrorism. But it was a huge coalition behind US politics, now they distrust your government + are angry.

Finding WMDs will help but most likely not that much as US government sold some to him and always had knowlege when he used it against Iran and his own people but wasn't interested to blame him for that.

Regards Blitz

America was threatened by Iraq in no way, it was just plain ridiculous, it's an "Angriffskrieg"

2 Million people was killed in Vietnam, 3 million injured. What for?

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2003, 03:29:48 PM »
Originally posted by blitz
but most likely not that much as US government sold some to him and always had knowlege when he used it against Iran and his own people but wasn't interested to blame him for that.

That is entirely left field.

Lets put it into perspective: Prior to 1991 Saddam was allowed to have WMD. Yup, we turned a blind eye to it. Guess what? So did EVERYONE else. There would of been resolutions and disarmements prior to 1991 if this wasn't true.

1991 he screws over the US (and thus loses our support) by invading Kuwait.

He is no longer our friend.

1991 to present day: Required to disarm WMDs (which he got from many countries, not just US)... he does not do it.

Future: We find WMDs or he uses them.

Whoops! Guess Bush was right.

Politically he wins.
-SW

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2003, 04:09:13 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
That is entirely left field.

Lets put it into perspective: Prior to 1991 Saddam was allowed to have WMD. Yup, we turned a blind eye to it. Guess what? So did EVERYONE else. There would of been resolutions and disarmements prior to 1991 if this wasn't true.

1991 he screws over the US (and thus loses our support) by invading Kuwait.

He is no longer our friend.

1991 to present day: Required to disarm WMDs (which he got from many countries, not just US)... he does not do it.

Future: We find WMDs or he uses them.

Whoops! Guess Bush was right.

Politically he wins.
-SW

He, he, you're da man :)

It's like sport, right? :D

http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/issues/iraq/2002/0828gas.htm

Regards Blitz

America was threatened by Iraq in no way, it was just plain ridiculous, it's an "Angriffskrieg"

2 Million people was killed in Vietnam, 3 million injured. What for?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2003, 04:25:39 PM by blitz »

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2003, 06:07:01 PM »
I wonder if we'll find the WMD first, or the german components used to extend the range on the scuds?

Blitz, be careful what you throw in a glasshouse.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2003, 07:38:55 PM »
Finding WMDs will help but most likely not that much as US government sold some to him and always had knowlege when he used it against Iran and his own people but wasn't interested to blame him for that.

We didn't sell him chemical weapons or biological weapons for that matter. What we DID sell to Iraq was DUAL-USE components. And we were not the only ones to do so.

http://www.e-thepeople.org/a-national/article/13686/view

There's a link to one article, there are many more. Here's a link to the search I did.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22Chemical+Weapons%22+%22Iraq%22+%22USA%22

If we sold those components with the understanding that they would be used for whatever other purpose they have, then we did nothing wrong. Neither did anyone else who sold components.

Now, if we sold these components with the clear knowledge that they would be used to make weapons, then we must admit that and hang our heads in shame. Under this scenario we should be the ones who clean up a mess that was of our own making. (Along with any others who also knowingly helped with the mess)

IF certain American's helped equip Iraq with WMD's they should be arrested and tryed for crimes.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2003, 08:56:22 PM »
FYI Blitz:
http://www.iraqwatch.org/search/search_db.asp?sc=supplier&qu=German&sm=exact

Heres my view... the Germans are no less innocent then any other country (including the US), so stop pointing fingers at who sold him what and get cracking on getting him out of power.

Secondly, stop attacking the Bush administration and start cleaning up your politicians Blitz. When you're happy that your country is completely clean then you may start on the US.

Offline chance-airwolf

• Zinc Member
So...
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2003, 08:56:31 PM »
Bash... lots of responses here... did anybody answer your question ?

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
Re: So...
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2003, 09:05:33 PM »
Originally posted by chance-airwolf
Bash... lots of responses here... did anybody answer your question ?

I did.

Offline bashwolf

• Copper Member
      • http://www.fly.to/airwolves
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2003, 04:59:34 PM »
Yes my question  has been clearly answered.  Thank You all for your input.  Between all debates here, watching News abroad and in US.  Looked and read up on all links posted here and research my own.  I have came to conclusion whats all this war is about.  Thank You all again for your input.  Hehe i am not going to tell whats the reason why we at War :)

BASH

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2003, 05:07:05 PM »
Originally posted by bashwolf
Yes my question  has been clearly answered.  Thank You all for your input.  Between all debates here, watching News abroad and in US.  Looked and read up on all links posted here and research my own.  I have came to conclusion whats all this war is about.  Thank You all again for your input.  Hehe i am not going to tell whats the reason why we at War :)

BASH

You've always been a gentleman Bash. .

Offline bashwolf

• Copper Member
      • http://www.fly.to/airwolves
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2003, 05:15:17 PM »
Haha AirWolves!! Chance and the rest of you

Airhead whats up buddy how is my girlfriend Rosa doing?? lol

Offline 420Fatty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2003, 05:15:35 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
that tired 'we sold 'em, we trained 'em, he's your puppet' line of horse**** don't fly. alliances change. priorities change. it ain't 1980 anymore.

so one more time for the assmaster association..

That one gets my vote for Quote of the week. :D