Author Topic: Why are some people here so aggressively hostile?  (Read 593 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Why are some people here so aggressively hostile?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2001, 05:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ:

I find it strange why only the LW concerns piss you off so much while you never notice all the Spit or P47 or whatever plane complaint threads.

Us P-47D11 guys have something you guys don't...An objective, valid point.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2001, 05:46:00 PM »
Ammos sentiment of agressive and dimissive arrogance is no different and no less inapppropriate than any of the LW attitude Karnak is complaing about.

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: GRUNHERZ ]

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2001, 05:51:00 PM »
Karnak. You have to look at the tone of your own posts. You often like to drag the lw types into your discussions about RAF stuff. You too often stereo type them and belittle them. I enjoy the topics of your posts, but the tone is exactly the type of thing you are complaining about here.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2001, 05:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ:
Ammos sentiment of agressive and dimissive arrogance is no different and no less inapppropriate than any of the LW attitude Karnak is complaing about.

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: GRUNHERZ ]

naa, I am a popsiclecat, and I wanted to push the right button. It seemed that now was the time to do so..and considering that You are an easy target, I took a liberty. I sincerely apologise Grun.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2001, 06:03:00 PM »
Shrug, some people are actively agressive (I suppose I fall into this category), and some people are passively-aggresive (I'm sure that term is in your Intro. to Pysch text Karnak, look it up if you don't know what it means).  You happen to be passively-aggresive, and you can't understand why nobody wants to have a catty little war of words with you.  You keep yanking people's chains, don't be surprised when they snap at you.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2001, 06:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dago:

Two words:

"Small noodlees"    :)

dago

??? I'm not hostile!  

Tumor
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2001, 06:14:00 PM »
Pongo,

It isn't just in response to me.

I see these kinds of responses from certain people whenever they seem to feel that "their" aircraft is threatened.

Urchin's first post in the "Spitfire IX is too slow" thread was to fly completely off the handle.

Chron posted the following:

How about making the current Spit an early 61 engined F with the B armament package (good for scenarios) but bring in a bubble-top XVI with the packard merlin, LF wing and E-armament package? I'm all for that :)Lets get it right and get a reasonable (non XIV) late war Spit in the MA. It's only fair after all :)

And Urchin responded with this:

Actually, that sounds real good. I really think we should introduce whatever the fastest spit was, it will make the dweebs life SO much easier. No longer will they have to choose between the fastest plane OR the best turner, instead they can get it all with just one plane! We can also just remove 95% of the planes we have in the game to have different skins for the 1 plane that will see 95% of all the usage in the game(you know, so all the dweebs don't look alike- that is the only way to introduce a little variety, especially since everyone would be flying the same plane).

Then I got testy/downright unpleasant towards him and he ending up accusing me of all sorts of things that simply arne't true.

Online today I heard way to many "Shitfire" comments as well as a steady fly of complaints about Hispanos, Browning 50 cals and N1K2s.

What I'm frusterated with and tired of are the few people who present themselves as superior because of the aircraft they choose to fly in a game and the people who constantly insinuate that there is some sort of conspiracy against their toys.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2001, 06:22:00 PM »
excercise your keyboards fellas! .squelch moron is used alot with me. Soo if someone throws a <S> my way, I apologise for not returning it.

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2001, 07:08:00 PM »
Well the initial post started out with a valid point, then it went into the crapper bringing up the LWhiner thing again.

I fly LW aircraft most of the time and my squadmates and I find success in all of them.  Success being a 1 to 1 kill ratio, maybe more, I haven't figured it out. But it is a great feeling beating a F4U, N1K2, or a LA7 in air to air combat while flying a 109F4.  Sure I lose alot, but that is the nature of the game.  

There are alot of new simmers comming into the game and they may get the feeling that all LW squadrons whine and complain about the LW aircraft.  This is extremely far from the truth, but post like this tend to support that theory.

So please, if you have to call this to everyones attention, pick out specifics and do not draw all the virtual LW aircraft fliers into it.  It would be appriciated by those who fly LW aircraft with the lack of complaint.

It's bad for press.

Thank You and have a nice day!    :)

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Swager ]
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Ralph Wiggums

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2001, 07:15:00 PM »
My little leprechaun friend told me he thinks this is going to win the W.O.T.W.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2001, 09:36:00 PM »
you whiner "whiners" are usaully the ones to drag threads out even if they are ugly or not.

I dont know why you feel it necessary to reply to every whine you see.

So what someone whined......

now im gonna go whine about that type of whiner and ignore this whiner because this whines whines with me when we whine against those whiners.

How hard is it when you see a whine to simply close the thread and movbe on?

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2001, 12:38:00 AM »
Heh karnak, look at your thread.

Look att the broad brush you're using. Look at the language.

It's a very hostile post.

People respond in kind. You've basically called the majority of the LW people idiots and have explained that you hate them because they spoil your fun and are spoiling the game.

Never mind the "y00 sux00rs" newbies and the gunman like comments. And if you do a search of the board, you'll see that there are many ill spirited posts comming from your allied friends: you're not at the receiving end of them so probably don't notice them too much. But, believe me, they're there.

You might hate me, but I still love you. Smooch smooch, lots of kisses, and will drop by tonight  :D

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2001, 12:55:00 AM »
give it a rest guys ... this stuff gets real old, real fast

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2001, 04:41:00 AM »
Karnak said

Look, I'm sorry if you can't take a bloody 109 and go kill 15 Spitfires in one flight like your heroes did, but those are fake, overblown exagerations.

Well, I can!    :p
Real men fly Radial!

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2001, 05:18:00 AM »
Hey! Everybody has an amazinhunk...It's just that these mouthy hostile types have their's firmly secured around their neck!