Author Topic: Why are some people here so aggressively hostile?  (Read 589 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Why are some people here so aggressively hostile?
« on: November 19, 2001, 02:58:00 PM »
I came very close to canceling my account here today because of the crap that has been thrown around here over the last couple of days.  I'm not going to, I enjoy the game too much and like most of the people, but some of them....

Why do certain people like to play this game?  They obviously only find it a source of antagonism and horrible favoritism of the things they hate?

Why do they keep coming back?

I am sick and tired of the whining about nerfed LW aircraft and over modeled non-LW aircraft.

If you have evidence, fine, but otherwise please keep it to yourself.

I'm tired of people who will ONLY fly aircraft modeled on the aircraft of one historical nation (yes, Germany) squeaking and moaning about how it isn't fair that the aircraft they like aren't the best at everything (because they were, you know).

Look, I'm sorry if you can't take a bloody 109 and go kill 15 Spitfires in one flight like your heroes did, but those are fake, overblown exagerations.

Try balancing your viewpoints and not constantly attacking anything that isn't LW, while persistantly whining about all things that are LW.

Its fine to like German aircraft, I like German aircraft. Just don't get so caught up in the mythology of it that you become blinded.  It isn't "Defending LW aircraft", its presenting yourself as a love muffin that nobody takes seriously.

Reasoned and reasonable statements will win infinitely more arguments than the kind of hyperbole that is usually put out by certain people.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2001, 03:06:00 PM »
My suggestion:

Don't let the vocal minority influence you into thinking they are the majority...

just a suggestion

Offline TUCKO6

• Zinc Member
      • http://members.tripod.com/~tuck_06/index-10.html
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2001, 03:09:00 PM »
ummmmmmmm.....uh......ummmmmm .....err.....ummmmmmmmm...... ...

:eek:

i can't wait to read the responses to this one.  roflmao  :eek:

The Tuckster

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down."
Col. Chuck Yeager, USAAF

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2001, 03:31:00 PM »

Karnak, the same reasons people are hostile in real life.  Depression, alcoholism, poor impulse control, and I daresay some sociopaths too.

The main thing is to keep focused on the topic of discussion, not on the merits of the people who are taking part in the discussion.  Some people can't help but make it personal, and that's when things break down.  Make sure you don't "go personal" and if other people do it, end the discussion.

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2001, 03:37:00 PM »
Uhmmm Karnak why do you feel that only LW guys complain. Allied complain just as much about their SpitIXs and P47D11s props and F4Us and P38s and F6F stall modeling. Still others want changes to Yaks and La7s or Japanese aircraft.

I find it strange why only the LW concerns piss you off so much while you never notice all the Spit or P47 or whatever plane complaint threads.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2001, 03:40:00 PM »
Oh god, here we go again.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2001, 03:46:00 PM »
Cause it don't hurt so much when you get virtually punched in the nose.   :D

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2001, 03:53:00 PM »
Karnak,

Please do not paint all the fans of german iron with such a broad brush.  We are not all "LuftWhiners".  

Hell, I don't even want the damn FW's fixed or made any better.  They are potent killers now and if improved every jackhole will be flying them.

F.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2001, 04:00:00 PM »
Damn Karnak..these LW guys are gonna get "aggresively hostile" :)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2001, 04:09:00 PM »
Grun, it's the method some of these guys use to get their point across.

I don't think anyone complains so feverishly and so mindlessly about ANY aircraft as RAM does.

And he associates himself with the LW, and thus he has earned himself and a majority of the LW enthusiasts a place in the LWhiner book.

Now, if you muzzle him and the half dozen others running amock on this board complaining about this, that and the other thing with regards to the German aircraft, then I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't be so quick to call LW enthusiasts whiners.

It's all about style, approach and method- unfortunately a lot of the guys who want LW aircraft fix have none of the above and generally a post to get 1 minor thing adjusted will turn out like so:

"I think the 190[insert submodel here]'s top speed at 20K is off by 12MPH. The above chart shows. It is a blatantly obvious mistake by HTC. This [insert demanding word here] to be fixed.

Today I was flying in a 190[insert previously used submodel here]at 25K and I ran into a [insert any common plane here] which was poorly flown. I managed to outmanuever him and had more energy. I went into the vertical and the [insert previously used common plane here] followed me up, even though I was clearly faster than he! I got shot by a [insert either Hispano or .50 lazers] and lost half my elevator. I dove down to 20K where my 190[insert previously used submodel here] is clearly faster than [insert previously used common plane here] according to this chart. Had the 190[insert previously used submodel here] had been it's correct speed, I would of gotten away alive. And the zoom or energy retention of the [insert previously used common plane here] needs to be looked at because I was clearly faster and he was able to keep his nose pointed at me!

I demand you take a look at these glaring errors now!"

That's just a summation of just about every post done by a pro-LW guy anti-everythingelseguy who believes he's being duped based on a few errors of HIS plane and based on assumptions of what he saw.

And the fact that they always have to throw in something about how their poor plane is undermodelled while the Ahmurikan planes are overmodelled with super guns.

This isn't my opinion either, I can point you to two threads that are in the same forum and are at the top of the list that clearly show just how whiney some of the LW crew can be.
-SW

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: SWulfe ]

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2001, 04:13:00 PM »
I think (hope) what Karnak wanted to say is, that it is not the matter of who "whines" about his plane is 1 inch to long. It's a matter of how some people post responses and use profanity to offend someone.
I'm relative new to AH and BB's and i find it annoying how much lack of respect is in here.
If someone dont like whines/topics about something then their is no MUST for him to read the thread. Neither there is a MUST to post profanity nor to whine about the whiner or to insult or offend him.

In the hope that this is not a "Oh god, here we go again"-Thread   ;)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2001, 05:19:00 PM »

Two words:

"Small noodlees"   :)

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2001, 05:30:00 PM »
HT MY PLANE IS PORKED I REPLACED THE JET PODS UNDER THE WINGS WITH KEGS OF BEER AND NOW IT WONT GO ANYWHERE OR TAKE OFF OR FLY AND I CANT SHOOT ITS NO FUN!!!  THIS IS TOTAL BS MY PLANE SHOULD HAVE A PROP SO I CAN KEEP THE KEG GONDOLAS AND IT SHOULD CLIMB LIKE THE JAY JAY SHOW SAYS IT CAN OR ITS BS WHEN WILL YOU FIX THIS WHY DO YOU HATE JAY JAY PLANES SO MUCH?????????  I KNOW YOU LIKE THE WWII PLANES MUCH BETTER SO YOU MODEL THEM RIGHT THIS SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2001, 05:33:00 PM »
Actually GRUNHERZ and RAM are two LW aircraft fans that I like.  They are both reasonable, IMHO.  RAM used to be too hot, but he has calmed down quite a bit.

I don't see a whole group in this fashion. I try not to even use derogatory references for a group that isn't really a cohesive group, e.g. "Luffewaffles" or "Luftwhiners".

Yes, there are others who complain about certain aircraft, but I haven't see the most agressive of them, Nashwan, launch into a tirade massively distorting the situation. I haven't seen him fly off the handle and accuse people of blatantly false things.  Those who request fixes, or improvements to orther aircraft, with few exceptions, either stick to their own subjects or insert non-abusive coments into other's threads.

Furious,

I like German aircraft too.  I just don't fly them constantly.  I certainly didn't mean to paint all fans of German aircraft into the same picture.  Sorry if I appeared to.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2001, 05:35:00 PM »
is there a "passively hostile"?

:D