Author Topic: U.S. warns Canada against easing pot laws  (Read 3495 times)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
U.S. warns Canada against easing pot laws
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2003, 11:03:32 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
i dunno, possibly, I do see drug and alcohol abuse as being a serious problem in our country. Would that problem get worse with legalization? Maybe.

From what they tell us, prohibition didn't work.

And I consider Alcohol to be are far worse problem than pot.

And smoking pot will cause a health problem, like smoking cigs, it could lead to lung cancer. So I offer this advice, dont' smoke it...............bake it in some cookies or brownies:D
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2003, 11:36:03 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
From what they tell us, prohibition didn't work.

Hard to say if we'd have the alcoholism problem we have today if prohibition hadn't been lifted. No doubt many would still drink even though it was illegal, much as they did then and much as other drug users do now.

Just wondering if more of the casual drug abusers would give themselves completely over to it if it were legal, like many have to alcohol.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2003, 11:41:52 PM »
Last president was a pot smoker.
This one was a coke head.

someone should put a big bellybutton mirror in orbit above the US so some of these clowns can take a good hard look at it.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2003, 01:39:35 AM »
lol, trying coke in college does not make you a coke head. Boy, being prez in this country is a no win situation.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2003, 02:04:04 AM »
She don't lie...

She don't lie...

She don't lie...

Cocaine......

(Dun nuh nuh nuh...Duh nuh nuh)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2003, 02:17:04 AM »
At least I'm lucky to live in a country where 'trying coke in a college' is read as trying a drink of coca cola - not sniffing up some ****.

I've always been amazed of the extent of your country's drug problem. Your govenrment IMO really faces a much larger threat there, within, not from terrorism.

They killed 3000 in a big crash, how many americans die to drugs and drug related crime each year?

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2003, 02:29:24 AM »
Siaf... that is a pretty ****ed up thing to say.

Let me put it in perspective for you...

Suppose terrorists blew up the Eiffel Tower and killed 5000 people.  Would the French government say "Hell, we lost more people than that to traffic incidents last year, so we're not going to worry about it."?

And.. what makes you think the government isn't trying to prevent both from happening?  Or maybe you haven't seen any of the "war on drugs" threads?

MiniD

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2003, 02:48:53 AM »
Huh? No Coke heads in Paris? We must not live on the same planet Siaf. Open your eyes sir.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2003, 06:32:12 AM »
I think the iraq minister of info now has a job in France.

"there are no drugs in france"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2003, 06:45:44 AM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
I think the iraq minister of info now has a job in France.

"there are no drugs in france"

Hehe .... well he was "Angolan" last month, yaknow. This is probably the first case of international MPD I've ever seen online (or anywhere for this matter). ;) :D

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2003, 07:19:38 AM »
Originally posted by Imp
Pot is about as dangerous as cigarettes anyway.

That statement is the most uneducated bit of trash I have ever heard on these boards.  Cigarettes while a filthy habit and horrific for your lung tissue, libido, and blood pressure; do not hold a candle to the health hazards associated with the Marijuana that is grown today.  Keep in mind, that owing to the hybridization of the plants, cross-breeding different strains has produced a drug that is far more capable of it's effects than it was 30 years ago.  Some of the major risks involve the destruction of massive amounts of brain tissue, increased risk of lung cancer as opposed to cigarette smokers, and a much higher risk of addiction to marijuana (Yes, Marijuana is addictive)  It is also highly recognised that Marijuana is a "gateway" drug that can lead to the use of harder and more addictive illicit drugs.  The thought of legalising Marijuana is not only rediculous, it is down right wrong and poses a threat to public health and a worse drain on our already over loaded health care system.

Instead of legalising Marijuana, they should raise the penalties for possesion, and instill severe penalties for distribution.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2003, 07:30:53 AM »
Cigarettes do not hold a candle to the health hazards associated with the Marijuana that is grown today? Huh?

Uneducated has nothing to do with being a retard. You'll never learn, and it's not your fault mind you.

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2003, 07:48:24 AM »
Yeah guys, marijuana should be legal cause you can make rope and really cool shirts from it!

:rolleyes:

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2003, 07:54:06 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
It is also highly recognised that Marijuana is a "gateway" drug that can lead to the use of harder and more addictive illicit drugs.  

Dunno what happens in the US but in the UK the reason it's a gateway drug is because it's illegal.  See, the money isnt in marijuana, it's in coke and crack and E's and uppers/downers and speed and christ knows what else these days.  Most dealers I've known dont just deal in grass.   I've even known of people given freebies by dealers purely to encourage them to move up a stage.......

Buy from pot head hippies and it aint a problem.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2003, 07:55:05 AM »
Yeah guys, marijuana should be legal cause you can make rope and really cool shirts from it!

No, because it is a herb, and although it may make people lazy, so does Opra and McDonalds Super Sized meals. Add laws and welfare that promote people to claim disability to that long lazy list.

A joint ain't going to hurt you anymore than 3 Ribeye steaks. Piss off.