Author Topic: U.S. warns Canada against easing pot laws  (Read 3502 times)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
U.S. warns Canada against easing pot laws
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2003, 06:05:48 PM »
I gotta admit, unions as a whole suck, but don't lump in industrial unions with craft/trade unions. There is a diffrence.

The overpaid and underworked part is true, and just perfect for me, thank you very much. Don't let it consume you though Bod.
(and stay off a the ramp if your don't belong there, you will get arrested)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2003, 06:30:25 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Take a walk on a unionised ramp one of these days SirLoin

Been there...Also walked non-unionised ramps too...I'll take representation over company kok anytime...Glad I got out before things went down the toilet in the aircraft industry...(I worked at DeHavilland's/Boeing BTW)

Oh and I'm doing quite well in a Union shop right now.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2003, 08:39:26 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
I gotta admit, unions as a whole suck, but don't lump in industrial unions with craft/trade unions. There is a diffrence.

The overpaid and underworked part is true, and just perfect for me, thank you very much. Don't let it consume you though Bod.
(and stay off a the ramp if your don't belong there, you will get arrested)

Creamo, don't let your little head worry you as to why I am on the ramp, used to be a big company that paid me to work on the oversized hoovers, now it's more like I run it, but so be it.  I do remember the old days and a lot of what you said in regards to industrial unions is true, but a lot is true of the trade / craft unions as well.  Unfortunately there is no happy medium at this time, maybe there will be in the future... doubt it, corruption is too inherent.  BTW, apology for the retired comment, out of line.  GL and don't work too hard.  Maybe we'll bump into each other in Reno Next Year.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2003, 09:29:44 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Creamo, don't let your little head worry you as to why I am on the ramp, used to be a big company that paid me to work on the oversized hoovers, now it's more like I run it, but so be it.  I do remember the old days and a lot of what you said in regards to industrial unions is true, but a lot is true of the trade / craft unions as well.  Unfortunately there is no happy medium at this time, maybe there will be in the future... doubt it, corruption is too inherent.  BTW, apology for the retired comment, out of line.  GL and don't work too hard.  Maybe we'll bump into each other in Reno Next Year.

So you are an anti-Union management shill? Thanks for the honesty Bodhi- for awhile there I thought you were just another working stiff instead of a sell-out. Now go back to "educating" your workers on how much better off they will be once the Union is busted and they're all making minimum wage without benefits. In the meantime work at a salaried position that actually reduced your earning capacity for selling out under the promise it'll pay off for you "in the long run>" Then don't come here with your whine when your job is the victim of beancounting and you get handed an option of either taking an early retirement or working for hundreds of dollars a month less like the option given to UAL "middle management" employees recently.  

Hey, a corporation would NEVER conspire to screw its employees, right?? They ALWAYS have the best intrests of their employees in mind.

:rolleyes:

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2003, 09:44:05 PM »
Yup, the "I run it" sent up a flag to me as well.

Nothing worse than a company lapdog snappin at a working mans heels claiming they are large and in charge.  

I could do without the stalking bit too. It's more weird than alarming, but unessessary regardless.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2003, 10:17:50 PM »
LMFAO,

I meant for "now it's more like I run it" to actually say "now its more like I run FROM it" as in I disliked working for such a crappily run major corporation that was interested in nothing more than screwing the customers, it's employees, and the investors.  Then again, every union contract looked as though I was selling my soul, so the option I chose was to leave the majors entirely.  Now am quite happy working in a small shop doing custom work.  THe work is honest, the pay is great, my 401K and retirement were all succesfully removed from the "big company's grasp" and the attitiude is simply wonderful.  

Ohh, and Creamo, don't be so pathetic.... stocking you would be a worthless proposition, not interested in fat guys that smell of the beast.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2003, 10:59:31 PM »
Hey Bodhi, I'm a drug counselor at a prison, what do you do for a living that makes you such an expert?

You can quote **** all day long till your little fingers hurt from right clicking. That doesn't make it the truth. I work at ground level with this each and every day I go to work.

There is a very big and very real difference between psychological addiction and physiological addiction.

Like I said earlier, users of hard drugs would have found their way to those hard drugs regardless of pot. Throwing pot into the equation is just convenient.

There are NO permanent cognitive effects from prolonged marijuana use. I have tons of real life testing that shows this.

Just as a side note, have you ever smoked marijuana, or do you just take anything you read from our government as gospel?

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2003, 12:11:42 AM »
Sorry I called you an Idiot Bohdi .

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2003, 12:18:02 AM »
Originally posted by Raubvogel
Hey Bodhi, I'm a drug counselor at a prison, what do you do for a living that makes you such an expert?

You can quote **** all day long till your little fingers hurt from right clicking. That doesn't make it the truth. I work at ground level with this each and every day I go to work.

There is a very big and very real difference between psychological addiction and physiological addiction.

Like I said earlier, users of hard drugs would have found their way to those hard drugs regardless of pot. Throwing pot into the equation is just convenient.

There are NO permanent cognitive effects from prolonged marijuana use. I have tons of real life testing that shows this.

Just as a side note, have you ever smoked marijuana, or do you just take anything you read from our government as gospel?

NIce Raub!...:)Experience vs "Opinion"
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2003, 12:31:31 AM »
"It's not just Canada's relationship with the United States that would change; it's Canada's relationship with the world," he said.

....what about war mongering US relationship with the world? :D

So keen to tell others about the international relationship, but ignoring it themselves.

This just gets ever more funnier and funnier..
Bush really adds up to it.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2003, 03:55:18 AM »
I bet he wouldn't last a day tending a union mason. Yeah, if you're union you don't work:rolleyes:  The green eyed monster rears it's ugly head.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2003, 03:56:50 AM »
Originally posted by Torque
You notice how alcohol is never mentioned as a gateway drug.

That is worth repeating. Go in to any bar and take a look in the bathroom.

BTW, I would not like to see pot legalized. I know kids use it now and they can get it, but I don't want to make it easier for them to get and I don't want to send the wrong message to them. Any bad habit is just that.......a bad habit. Just like any parent who smokes cigs and preaches to their kids how bad cigs are. I'de say 99% of parents who smoke get a heavy heart if they think their kids are smoking.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2003, 04:08:49 AM by Sixpence »
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2003, 05:17:45 AM »
Stupid USA come to holland

See it with ur own eyes

Stupid politicians that never get behind their desk chairs

Come to holland and go for a coffee shop u see there no junks

no addicts

In no way to compare with alcoholics(HARDdrugs)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2003, 05:51:52 AM »
Originally posted by Suave
Sorry I called you an Idiot Bohdi .

Me too. Sorry I called you a retard. :(

It's just that sometimes when people post unfounded, silly sh*t, I mean way stupid stuff, even though they believe it no matter how laughable it is to 99.99% of the people that read it, I have a knee jerk reaction. Again, my bad.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2003, 06:26:56 AM »
Originally posted by BUG_EAF322
Stupid USA come to holland

See it with ur own eyes
Stupid politicians that never get behind their desk chairs
Come to holland and go for a coffee shop u see there no junks
no addicts
In no way to compare with alcoholics(HARDdrugs)

Are you out of your tree?   Step behind the red light in Amsterdam where that temple is next to the chinese supermarket........more junkies lying around than anywhere else in the world I've ever seen.

And if you can actually make it through the red light district without some turk / morrocan / surenese weirdo offering you E, acid or heroin then I'll be damn surprised.