Author Topic: U.S. warns Canada against easing pot laws  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
U.S. warns Canada against easing pot laws
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2003, 07:58:26 AM »
Originally posted by Creamo

A joint ain't going to hurt you anymore than 3 Ribeye steaks. Piss off.

Relax .... curb the aggression, dude. Light up a doobie. ;)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2003, 08:01:13 AM »
@Saw && Sixpence there is a subtil difference between :
"boire un coke" (cocal cola) and "se faire un rail" (cocaine)...

And fortunately we don't have cocaine probleme in college ...
fyi college is for 12/14 years here.

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2003, 08:03:02 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo

:D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2003, 08:04:22 AM »
Originally posted by straffo

fyi college is for 12/14 years here.

Yeah ... we have a few rich dumb students here as well. :(

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2003, 08:36:17 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
Can't speak from experience, but I've heard that the pot grown in Vancouver is stronger than anything we could imagine in the 70's. :)

He he, the weed grown just about anywhere in the world is far stronger than anything available in the '70s.....due in no small part to the research efforts of the United States Government.
Three cheers for Uncle Sam ! :)
Dont believe me? do some reasearch on a strain of pot called G-13, still some of the best there is, geneticaly engineered to give the high without the paranoia.
What has me curious is what exact use non-paranoia inducing weed is to Uncle Sam?

Off fer a bong,
Blue

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2003, 08:37:55 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo

Arlo,

It's not Creamo's fault that he has so much pent up aggression, it comes from living a know-it-all do nothing union mentality that has been crammed down his throat since he started working at the airlines.  His major problem with the non-legalization of marijuana is that he can not get by the drug tests required for his work while it is illegal, legalise it and he has a chance to forget his miserable life when he gets home and lights up a fattie.  Until then, he's stuck with Old Milwaukee's Best.

:rolleyes:

And he pokes at others for being "retarded" maybe he should look in the mirror.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Imp

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2003, 08:51:24 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
That statement is the most uneducated bit of trash I have ever heard on these boards.  Cigarettes while a filthy habit and horrific for your lung tissue, libido, and blood pressure; do not hold a candle to the health hazards associated with the Marijuana that is grown today.  Keep in mind, that owing to the hybridization of the plants, cross-breeding different strains has produced a drug that is far more capable of it's effects than it was 30 years ago.  Some of the major risks involve the destruction of massive amounts of brain tissue, increased risk of lung cancer as opposed to cigarette smokers, and a much higher risk of addiction to marijuana (Yes, Marijuana is addictive)  It is also highly recognised that Marijuana is a "gateway" drug that can lead to the use of harder and more addictive illicit drugs.  The thought of legalising Marijuana is not only rediculous, it is down right wrong and poses a threat to public health and a worse drain on our already over loaded health care system.

Instead of legalising Marijuana, they should raise the penalties for possesion, and instill severe penalties for distribution.

I said about as dangerous.

Besides, if its legal than you can control quality.

Ive never smoked pot and I dont intend to but if someone wants to use it thats fine with me.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2003, 09:58:48 AM »
they should legalize pot... the more stupid people around the better I look.  I also think that if you have any in your system while driving....your drivers licence should be revolked.   the less people on the road the better for me.
lazs

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2003, 10:41:05 AM »
I've been smoking pot since 1967 and grew pot in Humboldt  County for several years and I can safely say the occasional use of marijuana is no more harmful than a glass of red wine with dinner.

It will not make you lazy, you won't go insane, you won't grow tits and you won't end up a heroin addict. Personally I don't care if it's legal or not, although I do consider it ironic that I've gone from hiding my weed from my parents to hiding it from my daughter.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2003, 10:44:12 AM »
Originally posted by Airhead
I've been smoking pot since 1967 and grew pot in Humboldt  County for several years and I can safely say the occasional use of marijuana is no more harmful than a glass of red wine with dinner.  

Unlike bouncing you're head off the concrete while bungie jumping? Forgive me if I don't take your opinion too seriously. :p
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2003, 10:50:42 AM »
Originally posted by majic
Yeah guys, marijuana should be legal cause you can make rope and really cool shirts from it!

:rolleyes:

actually its hemp you make the shirts and ropes from and thats already legal and being used...

airhead a glass of red wine at dinner is supposed to be benificial to your health

your daughter is probably hiding her pot from you...

as for the issue...there is none...we dont scream and cry about your slack gun laws you dont scream and cry about our ever slackening pot laws...sounds simple enough to me...

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2003, 11:02:22 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
That statement is the most uneducated bit of trash I have ever heard on these boards.  

I thought the same thing about this:

Some of the major risks involve the destruction of massive amounts of brain tissue, increased risk of lung cancer as opposed to cigarette smokers, and a much higher risk of addiction to marijuana (Yes, Marijuana is addictive)  It is also highly recognised that Marijuana is a "gateway" drug that can lead to the use of harder and more addictive illicit drugs.  The thought of legalising Marijuana is not only rediculous, it is down right wrong and poses a threat to public health and a worse drain on our already over loaded health care system.

Instead of legalising Marijuana, they should raise the penalties for possesion, and instill severe penalties for distribution.

Where to start...
Marijuana is not physically addictive. Any addiction is psychological and no different than a fat chick being addicted to HoHos.

"Gateway" drug? Please. Anyone willing to become addicted to cocaine, crack, heroin, meth, etc, would be just as willing if marijuana did not exist. There are millions of people who smoke pot and never become crackheads. But there are plenty of crackheads would be crackheads regardless of the availability of pot.

Pot destroys brain tissue eh? Marijuana may hamper short term memory and cognition, but there are no studies linking marijuana use to permanent brain damage.....give me a break.

More severe penalties for marijuana? Yep, that's all we need to crowd our prisons even more than they are now. Let's put away the really dangerous people, the potheads. :rolleyes:

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2003, 11:09:54 AM »
Originally posted by Raubvogel

Any addiction is psychological and no different than a fat chick being addicted to HoHos.

lol:D
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Imp

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2003, 11:13:16 AM »
Originally posted by vorticon
actually its hemp you make the shirts and ropes from and thats already legal and being used...

airhead a glass of red wine at dinner is supposed to be benificial to your health

your daughter is probably hiding her pot from you...

as for the issue...there is none...we dont scream and cry about your slack gun laws you dont scream and cry about our ever slackening pot laws...sounds simple enough to me...

I agree about the daughter thing :D

I dont see pressure groups saying US gun laws should be more strict here in Canada.

So why should I have to suffer from whiners like Murray. If he doesnt like our laws then he should stay out. Wont cost him anything. We have plenty of whiners here anyway, we dont need one more. :D

If you meet him, tell him to go whine to people who care about his opinions. Like some US citizens for example. US has enough problems of its own. He should solve those first then he can talk about Canada's.

That way I wont have to hear from him for the rest of my life :D

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2003, 11:30:23 AM »
I don't do drugs.  I spent most of my military years in South America fighting the war on drugs.

I think it should be legalized for several reasons.  For one, I'm sick of the gov't telling me what's good for me.  The only time they should poke their noses into my house is when what goes on there affects others.   Most crimes aren't committed to get money for pot.  If they are concerned about driving while using, then they should outlaw alcohol too.

The gov't should legalize pot and put it under gov't control.  They grow it, tax it, and regulate it.  It would provide a safer and better quality product, and raise a crap load of money.