Author Topic: Filthy Bums  (Read 4011 times)

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2003, 01:29:00 AM »
Filthy Bum Gladiator Arenas how cool!

"Puuh, we who are about to die salute you !" and then they beat each other with sticks.
Animal you truly are a genius
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2003, 01:31:25 AM »

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2003, 01:37:23 AM »
In PR where there's a traffic stop you'll see a bum,every so often you see the regulars asking for money,not so much in the capital city they have suddenly dissapeared.

Essentially they get paid for bumming  much more than doing a decent job, some might do it for drugs or do it genuinely because they have had some sort of tragedy ,there is no questioning it, but for some I have seen in different key places where there are malls or other convienient places where they could ask for money tax free,and where most likely people that would have money gather .
« Last Edit: May 26, 2003, 01:43:07 AM by Glasses »

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Filthy Bums
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2003, 03:18:38 AM »
Originally posted by Airhead
WTF does it matter where Nuke lives? blah blah blah bums in every street corner blah blah blah what's your point? blah blah blah drug addicted derelects who are the absolute dregs of humanity blah blah blah scorned and ridiculed blah blah blah misguided and out of touch with this issue you really are.

Lol whoah Airhead... There was nothing all that shocking about Nuke's run-in with this homeless dude... basically just that he saw one...

So... I guess since part of the story involved the fact that this happened while he was in California on business, I was wondering if like maybe there are no bums where he's from. Not much more to it than that...

As for the rest of it, I tried just now to muster some level of how-appalling-oh-the-humanity type indignation... to become more, you know, emotionally invested in this tale of society gone awry, and.... nothing. I'm just not feeling it.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Filthy Bums
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2003, 10:21:39 AM »
As for the rest of it, I tried just now to muster some level of how-appalling-oh-the-humanity type indignation... to become more, you know, emotionally invested in this tale of society gone awry, and.... nothing. I'm just not feeling it.

Your reading more into it than was itended, and by the way I am originally from California , was born there, and have lots of family there........so it wasn't meant to be a shocking take about California or society as a whole. I was a little observation about  one stinking bum, that's all.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2003, 10:24:10 AM by NUKE »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2003, 10:34:41 AM »
I see 'em on every other corner in Dallas every day. Occasionally I'll give one of 'em a buck. I'm not responsible for how they spend it or knowing how they came to be in need. Cost me very little to help make someone's life a bit easier.

Most times though, I just ignore 'em and the occasional buck eases my conscience.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Filthy Bums
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2003, 11:52:30 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
I see 'em on every other corner in Dallas every day. Occasionally I'll give one of 'em a buck. I'm not responsible for how they spend it or knowing how they came to be in need. Cost me very little to help make someone's life a bit easier.

Most times though, I just ignore 'em and the occasional buck eases my conscience.

I'd rather see you give that buck to a senior center or a battered women's shelter than give it to someone who'll spend that dollar on drugs. All you do is contribute to the problem while ignoring the truly needy and worthy programs out there that actually try to make a difference.

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2003, 12:18:01 PM »
I usually give a buck, what they do with it is between them and God.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Filthy Bums
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2003, 12:23:41 PM »
Originally posted by RightF00T
I usually give a buck, what they do with it is between them and God.

What about Satan? he always gets left out

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2003, 12:40:33 PM »
I work for my money, I wouldn't give a penny to a bum if I had more money than Bill Gates.  I don't care if some loser had a personal tragedy in his life.. blah blah blah.  We have all had problems to get over and most of us didn't resort to panhandling.
Bums are lazy losers who haven't the pride to get a legitimate job.  I would be fine with a death penalty for panhandling.  A bum made the mistake of grabbing  my arm once as I let Bank One Ballpark after a night game.  I wonder if he has regained conciousness yet.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2003, 12:52:37 PM »
What about Satan? he always gets left out

No, not when said bum and ol' Lucipher get to spend an eternity together.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2003, 01:22:31 PM »
BEAR TAX i dont pay the bear tax i pay the homer tax!

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
Filthy Bums
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2003, 03:43:21 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
I work for my money, I wouldn't give a penny to a bum if I had more money than Bill Gates.  I don't care if some loser had a personal tragedy in his life.. blah blah blah.  We have all had problems to get over and most of us didn't resort to panhandling.
Bums are lazy losers who haven't the pride to get a legitimate job.  I would be fine with a death penalty for panhandling.  A bum made the mistake of grabbing  my arm once as I let Bank One Ballpark after a night game.  I wonder if he has regained conciousness yet.

Steve the bum basher...

Back when I was a cop, I once knew a bum who was nicknamed "Chicken George". Still have no idea where that nickname came from.

Anyway, Chicken George lost his entire family when a powerline fell on his mobile home and set it on fire. He won a 2 million dollar settlement against the power company, but eventually lost his mind and started living on the street. I guess he just didn't give a crap about life anymore. Although he had millions in the bank, he would go and withdraw 75 cents at a time to buy a soda. Chicken George  never begged for money. He would just bother people by engaging them in conversations, and talking nonsense.

He walked around with a shopping cart full of miscellaneous crap, and an antenna attached to it with about 20 little American flags waving from it. He also had a one dollar bill glued to the top of each of his shoes for some reason. I'd always stop and say hi to Chicken George whenever I saw him to see what crazy crap he'd say to me. It was always WAY out there, but he was always smiling.

Anyway, one day someone took exception to Chicken George for one reason or another. They took a speaker he had in his shopping cart and bashed his head in with it. When I arrived on the scene, I saw Chicken George laying dead on the sidewalk with a pool of blood about 20 feet long running down the hill from his head.

I've seen probably a hundred dead people during my career. Traffic accidents, murders, suicides, drive by shootings, you name it. None of them really bothered me too much except for children. You just learn to deal with it I guess.

But seeing Chicken George dead on the sidewalk made me really sad for some reason. Kind of the same way I felt when I'd see dead children. He just seemed innocent I guess... Who knows.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Filthy Bums
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2003, 03:50:28 PM »
Wow Grim... the juxtaposition of what you wrote, then reading Steve's quote above it... Somethin' else. Uhm... I guess I'll let it speak for itself like you did.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2003, 04:00:53 PM »
Not my job to judge why someone won't or can't earn their own living, so long as I'm not forced to pay their way. Of course we all do pay for many of those that can't or won't anyhow through taxes.

I do resent being forced to give them money but if I want to give a bum a buck it's nobody else's business. At least when I give 'em a buck on the street corner I see a little appreciation.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.