Author Topic: Filthy Bums  (Read 4016 times)

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Filthy Bums
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2003, 12:29:58 AM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
Ah- you really should stop eating dog toejam then Airhead, the smell coming out of your mouth was absolutely unbearable and those little yellow chiclets you have for teeth are in desperate need of a good brushing.
:)
-SW

LOL I thought you were too drunk to remember :)

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2003, 12:31:19 AM »
Its quite possible I'm wrong Steve, I wasn't there... Under certain circumstances, I can see how a grab to the arm and a strong jerk could be construed as about to be shanked.

From the description I get here, which is open to interpretation, I wouldn't of taken it as deadly force. IMO of course.
-SW

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Filthy Bums
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2003, 12:33:52 AM »
Originally posted by Airhead
This reminds me of the time I was wearing my "girl power" T-Shirt and I saw this little dude half my size pissing in a newspaper rack. I told him papers were a quarter and if he pissed in the newspaper rack he had to pay a quarter but he was too drunk to understand. Finally I gave up, pulled the pom-poms out of my socks and danced on down the road. I should have stuffed his drunk bellybutton in the newspaper rack.

This reminds me of the time I was drunk parked in my car with my pants off, watching some huge guy with pom poms have his way with a bum pissing on a newspaper rack.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Filthy Bums
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2003, 12:35:48 AM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
Its quite possible I'm wrong Steve, I wasn't there... Under certain circumstances, I can see how a grab to the arm and a strong jerk could be construed as about to be shanked.

From the description I get here, which is open to interpretation, I wouldn't of taken it as deadly force. IMO of course.
-SW

Actually I believe that any time someone touches your person without consent, it's considered assault.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2003, 12:38:09 AM »
-SW  I NEVER said the guy was using deadly force.  I said Chicken guy WASN'T using deadly force, and therefore the guy that killed him had no legitimate reason to do so.

All I did was turn and shove the guy as hard as I could, to get him off/away from my wife and me... no deadly force used by either party.. again.. I'm sorry if my post about deadly force was unclear.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2003, 12:45:44 AM »
Learn something new everyday- had no idea physical contact can be assault.

Steve- Sorry, I interperated one of your statements wrong.. "Chicken George didn't accost anyone with deadly force and thus receive like force in return. Chicken George was murdered." reads like you are saying that George didn't use deadly force, while the bum that assaulted you did because of the comparison you made. I just misread/associated it, my fault.
-SW

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2003, 01:47:20 AM »
-SW

Well, I must have been unclear because grim read it the same way you did, so no apology necessary.       :)

As for the assault thing... yes,  just about any physical contact can comprise assault. I don't know the exact text of the statute here in Arizona but I'd imagine one would later have to establish that their was at least a perceived threat. For instance, merely spitting on someone here in Arizona is a misdemeanor assault. In my case, my actions were entirely reactionary but people  on hand who saw the guy step up behind me felt that he had bad intent.  Also, imagine you're on foot, at night in downtown Phoenix with your wife/family... you'd probably be more likely to react the way I did as opposed to turning around to chat.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Filthy Bums
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2003, 02:39:27 AM »
Also, imagine you're on foot, at night in downtown Phoenix with your wife/family... you'd probably be more likely to react the way I did as opposed to turning around to chat.

No no no... lets get this Wobble proper.

Your on foot (love that btw), with your family, holding a apple pie, going to Walmart to buy a American Flag for your porch, because you have had it up before the neighbors and the terrorist attacks, and it's dang near worn out from flying it so often as a kung-fu fighting American.

Then a bum, not frail at all, pry a weight lifter strung out on steroids, stricken with warts, aids, and hepatitis C, attacks your family out of the blue, because he has a keen sense of who wants him electrocuted for being homeless.

He grabs your arm, while thinking about reaching for a LONG bladed folding knife, and you tear off your shirt all sweaty and quickly consult your vast knowledge of Arizona assault laws, somewhat confused. Unfortunately for him, being reactionary is not taught in schools, or Yale, and the superior manly bum fighting genes kick in and you knock him unconscious. Saving not only your wife, who is on foot (the horse was sick?) but losing his felon grip on your arm, and getting statements from the crowd who agree he had ‘bad intent’.

You left out what kind of car you drive. A 120mph pickup would be sweet.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Filthy Bums
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2003, 03:28:49 AM »
Just when it started to take a header....

Oh man.... there aughta be trophies for this brand of artistry. Way too funny. :D

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2003, 03:44:00 AM »
LOL...that is just beautiful!  :D
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2003, 03:51:21 AM »
Creamo, I cannot change what happened.  I like the creativity of your version, though.  Sadly, even if I could change it, I'd disappoint you.

I don't know Kung-fu.

I love apple pie, but my house doesn't have a front porch really, although I sometimes shop at Wal-Mart.

My pick-up truck has a govenor on it that prevents it from going over 95.

We were on foot not because our horse was sick, but because we were walking to our 95 MPH pickup truck after watching a baseball game. I think the horse is OK.

I wasn't sweaty, it was a rather cool night... as far as i can remember.

Having my degree in Law Enforcement(CJ), I do know a bit about assault laws.. plus  there are several cops on the hockey team I skate on, but like I said, I do not know the statute by rote.

I didn't get statements from anyone, the police spoke with a couple of folks though.

Your version is much more sexy and dramatic.  Would you mind if I consult you in the future about my life experiences before I relate them?  You tell them so much better than I.  Thanks much for your input, it was really constructive.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Filthy Bums
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2003, 04:08:35 AM »
Having my degree in Law Enforcement(CJ), I do know a bit about assault laws.. plus there are several cops on the hockey team I skate on, but like I said, I do not know the statute by rote.

Nash, roll the "OhS%$^7 2 film please!

Pass the Windex, I'm not kidding...lol, best laugh thread EVER.

Oh gads, and on blender drinks too... ty steve. Seriously.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2003, 04:10:55 AM »
Well, I guess in the end the BBS is for our enjoyment/entertainment..I'm glad to fulfill this for you.

Offline takeda

• Nickel Member
Filthy Bums
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2003, 06:31:26 AM »
Great entertainment, sorta wimpy American Psycho rerun.
All the humilliation! Low on blood and guts!

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
Filthy Bums
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2003, 08:15:39 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
I don't care if some loser had a personal tragedy in his life.. blah blah blah.  We have all had problems to get over and most of us didn't resort to panhandling.
Bums are lazy losers who haven't the pride to get a legitimate job.  I would be fine with a death penalty for panhandling.

First of all I have to clear one thing up...  Assault is verbally threatening someone. Battery is the act of touching someone against their will.

Steve, you weren't assaulted, you were battered by the filthy bum... Also, my apologies for misunderstanding the "deadly force" thing you wrote.

The point of the whole Chicken George thing wasn't so much about his being murdered and trying to make a comparison to you knocking out a filthy bum. I was thinking more along the lines of your statement quoted above when I wrote it.

Not all bums are losers too lazy to get a job. True, a good majority of them are... But some of them (like Chicken George) have been through things in their life that you couldn't even possibly imagine, let alone say you could cope with and get on with life normally afterwards. We all have a breaking point, and some people have been through enough to reach it.

I was merely relating an experience to you that made me think twice about passing judgement on the homeless. I don't like most of them either. But I'll be damned if I'm going to assume it could never happen to me no matter what, and then go as far as to say I'd give them the death penalty on top of it. Essentially, Chicken George got the death penalty for being a bum, even though it wasn't carried out by the State.

I'm far from the type of person who walks around hugging trees while wearing rose colored glasses, thinking all people are wonderful. But experiences like Chicken George have made me think twice about passing judgement on all bums, that's all.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 08:18:00 AM by GrimCO »