Author Topic: Why I want the Jug in AH  (Read 782 times)

Offline Gorf

• Copper Member
Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2000, 12:04:00 PM »
Vermillion,

You are correct on the P47Ns.  There was a considerable sum of them that did see service in WWII, the P47Ns were in route to the Euro theatre but the war ended before they got there so they were routed to the Pacific.  I will check when I get home tonight but, I believe it was the P47N that had the last air to air kill of a Japanese aircraft before the end of the war.  I have a Bio on that P47N pilot.  Will post it later tonight.  

LONG LIVE the P47.

Gorf

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2000, 12:26:00 PM »
The P-47D-25 or D-30 would be a much representaive of the P-47 than the uber M or N...even better would be a P-47D-22 Razorback  

Daff

------------------
CO, 56th Fighter Group

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2000, 12:35:00 PM »
You guys need to learn to lobby better.  http://www.internetwines.com

------------------
Nathan "NATEDOG" Mathieu
Art Director
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE SQUAD=-

".... And on the eighth day, God created beer. "

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2000, 01:26:00 PM »
Lephturn,

I really hate that story when it comes to the P-47 in online sims.  The problem with it is that people think that being able to absorb that kind of damage was the norm as opposed to being a very lucky pilot.  The Jug was indeed a very rugged airplane, but was not exceedingly more difficult to shoot down than any other U.S. airplane.

Every time a jug pilot in an online sim gets his bellybutton shot off, he mentions that story as to how it should be impossible to shoot down a Jug with less than 50 direct hits from 20mm cannon.  I love the Jug and hope it makes it's appearance in AH very soon, but I don't expect it to be a tank.  I would much rather see it perform more prototypically than the Jug in the "other" sim.

Sharky

------------------
Playboy Leader
307th FS/31st FG
You can run but ya just die tired

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2000, 01:27:00 PM »
Daff, we have an late war uber arena, so why not have the uber P-47??

I don't understand the reasoning. How are 1,500 P-47N's any less "representative" than 150 F4U-1C's, around 400 N1K2-J's, a couple of hundred C.205's, around 700 Bf109K4's (our G10 is really a K4, I'm not sure of actual G10 production), or even the 700 or so Fw190D9's (which I'm sure will show up here eventually).

Nate, effective lobbying??   So tell me where you guys at HTC got the idea of that particular internet liquor and wine sales shop from? Umm... let me guess, from a certain bottle of Crown Royal that showed up at the door one day? Damn, talk about creating a monster   LOL!!

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2000, 01:31:00 PM »
 Nate. I suspect a relationship between that website. And my wings falling off at 250 IAS.

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2000, 02:05:00 PM »
Vermillion,

First, I think that modelling the F4U-1C was just silly..I would have thought they had learned that lesson  .
As for the Macchi's, it was an easy way of grabbing a stack of the italian players from WB, the N12K, heck I dont know, maybe to have a reasonable competetive Japanese Aircraft?.
 As why the P-47D is a more representative than the N (And M), is that it was the work horse of the USAAF. By the time the N went into action, it was all but over.
Sure, it would be nice with an uber-P-47, (although the P-47N climbs just as bad as the early D's and Cs), but I'd much rather have a better historical representation of the P-47 actually flown in WW2...then again..."historical" doesnt really seems to be the issue in AH (Or in WB for that matter)

Daff

------------------
CO, 56th Fighter Group

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2000, 02:18:00 PM »
I want everything.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

funked

Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2000, 02:22:00 PM »
Once you model an M, it's pretty easy to do a D.  Do an M in 56th colors, then do a D in Jambock colors.  

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2000, 02:38:00 PM »
Hum, you guys make me worried, let me put my monk suit...

BROTHERS!!! The dark side is getting on you. Don't fly the p47 because you think it's toughter than anything. Don't fly the P47 because u think u can outdive everybody. Don't fly the P47 because it has 8 .50s.

This is wrong, it's like driving a Ferrari because it's a girl magnet...no no no, a Ferrari is more than that, it's the shape, the vibrations, the presice gear box... hum hum... back to the P47.

Clear your saoul, fly the P47 because you feel something when u fly... because of the huge prop, the big radial, the intimidating shape, the invasions stripes, the red nose... Fly it because you respect it, because inside of you u are in love with it... Then only the beast will recognize it's master and go the extra mile to an efficient flying and a safe RTB.

Amen...

------------------
Olivier "Frenchy" Raunier

http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm

[This message has been edited by SFRT - Frenchy (edited 06-19-2000).]
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2000, 02:39:00 PM »
I say D.

HTC hasn't yet modeled an aircraft that only saw service in 1945.  The P-47N would be a good candidate for one of the "bonus" aircraft along with the likes of the Ta152, Spitfire Mk F.21 and J7W1 Shiden.

Sisu
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BlackHammer

• Zinc Member
Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2000, 02:49:00 PM »
the jug was rugged when it came to *ground fire*, which came from below and hit the underbelly of the plane.  and for non-explosive rounds much of the KE was lost on the way up.  with the exceptions of low 6 surprise attacks and head on's, air-to-air fire generally strikes the from the top down or from the rear of the plane.  despite it's rep the p47 was actually below average for a US plane for shells striking in this fasion.

Black Hammer
The Lead Enemas

[This message has been edited by BlackHammer (edited 06-19-2000).]

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2000, 03:28:00 PM »
Guys, guys ...

Vermillion,
the C.205V is not an uber plane. It is a decent medium-low alt 1943 fighter. Only 260 have been built? For a little military power like Italy these are even good numbers when factories are bombed by USAF.  

Daff,
no it is only iEN stupidity not to have modeled an italian fighter yet. It is only iEN stupidity to have lost the oustanding LEM's C.205 3D model (designed for WB3).

"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2000, 03:44:00 PM »
While we are on the subject of the "Jug" I was amazed by a TV program earlir this month.

There was an article on the "Discovery Wings" channel about a month ago full of people saying how the owe thier life to the "JUG" one guy recounted an attack on a train thought to be carrying supplies. As he lined it up the sides of the boxcar's came down and he was met by a row of 20mm cannon's. He destroyed at least 1 carraige but in his own words took several head on hits and the engine sounded like "A bag of spanners". Anyway he got back to base showing a respectable boost etc but after landing it was found 2 complete cylinders were missing and the broken ends of the Con Rod's were flapping around in the breeze.

Well I was impressed anyway!

Just thought you might like to know that   Still got the Video as well.

TTFN
snafu

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
Why I want the Jug in AH
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2000, 03:55:00 PM »
Yeager,
And we want it NOW!    

CLICK HERE

[This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 06-19-2000).]
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com