Author Topic: Global Views of America  (Read 2907 times)

blue1

Global Views of America
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2003, 08:06:45 AM »
Ra, GRUNHERZ, NUKE, Syzygyone, Yeager.  I think you must the arrogant Americans they were talking about.

Not caring about what the rest of the world thinks of America led directly to 911.

You need to care because it effects you whether you like it or not. There are American soldiers in dozens of countries looking after American interests. Perhaps you don't care about them either?

Reading the survey it's obvious that many people out there in the world still have a positive view of America and are friends. Your attitude will only make more enemies. Is that what you want?

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Global Views of America
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2003, 08:10:55 AM »
Not caring about what the rest of the world thinks of America led directly to 911.

You mean 911 was perpetrated by the whole world?  911 led directly to me not caring what the rest of the world thinks of the US.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Global Views of America
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2003, 08:13:27 AM »
they hate us till we save their ass
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Global Views of America
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2003, 08:16:26 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
they hate us till we save their bellybutton

Then they still hate us (Osama was supplied arms by the US while fighting the Russians  1979-late 80's)

When you're #1, there is always someone looking to knock you down. Human nature.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Global Views of America
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2003, 08:24:10 AM »
Guys, America is a great country and is doing some very necessary work right now in respect of global security.

But, to sit back and smugly say that you don't care what anyone thinks about Americans is somewhat of an uneducated "knee-jerk" BBS reaction.

There is something called international policy and diplomacy that America as a country is spending billions every year persuing.  Obviously your government cares about what other countries and people think.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

blue1

Global Views of America
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2003, 08:25:10 AM »
ra the point is that 911 proves you need to care. The whole world didn't perpretrate 911. It was done by a few people who hate America.  Yet you antagonise the people who favour America still. Luckily I think you represent a minority of Americans.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Global Views of America
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2003, 08:29:12 AM »
Originally posted by blue1
ra the point is that 911 proves you need to care.  

No, its not that we need to care about people who hate us...that is the CIA, FBI and ATF's job and they need to be funded properly (as they were not in the 90's) to prevent this sort of thing from happening.  Why should the avg. American care about a maniacal Muslim extreme fundamentalist ? Thats not our business.  Our business is to elect leaders that fund programs that keep an eye on these guys.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 08:34:44 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Global Views of America
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2003, 08:33:16 AM »
ra the point is that 911 proves you need to care. The whole world didn't perpretrate 911. It was done by a few people who hate America.  Yet you antagonise the people who favour America still. Luckily I think you represent a minority of Americans.

Do you think the people who perpetrated 911 love your country?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 08:52:56 AM by ra »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Global Views of America
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2003, 08:35:09 AM »
well... we may or may not care what other countries think about us but...

you won't be watching any government sponsered "news" in America that interviews people around the world on the subject of how they feel about england say.  maybe get a few english movie stars to give their learned opinions just to make it all legit.
lazs

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Global Views of America
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2003, 08:36:36 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
Guys, America is a great country and is doing some very necessary work right now in respect of global security.

But, to sit back and smugly say that you don't care what anyone thinks about Americans is somewhat of an uneducated "knee-jerk" BBS reaction.

There is something called international policy and diplomacy that America as a country is spending billions every year persuing.  Obviously your government cares about what other countries and people think.

I am educated, and I personally could care less what other countries and people think.   The US is like the popular guy in your neighborhood.  He's good looking, wealthy, strong, and athletic.  Everyone squeakes about him, but wishes they could be him.   They squeak from safety,  because he'd kick your bellybutton if you messed with him.

I tend to ignore the jealous bantering of wannabe countries.  Until they tick me off.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Global Views of America
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2003, 08:37:55 AM »
Originally barfed by Yeager

PS to you non Americans: Go Fu*k yourselves, send us the bill.

that makes it clear then.

Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
How come
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2003, 08:42:53 AM »
How come no one has posted a poll to see what Americans think about the rest of the world?  I think all you America haters woudl be surprised at the results.  But, then again, your rampant jealousy would still blind you!

:D :D

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Global Views of America
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2003, 08:48:32 AM »
It's ok Syz, we know what the Xenophobes already believe. They are as vocal as a Bin Laden devotee and just as annoying.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
Global Views of America
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2003, 08:49:07 AM »
Ra, GRUNHERZ, NUKE, Syzygyone, Yeager.  I think you must the arrogant Americans they were talking about.

You need to care because it effects you whether you like it or not. There are American soldiers in dozens of countries looking after American interests. Perhaps you don't care about them either?

Reading the survey it's obvious that many people out there in the world still have a positive view of America and are friends. Your attitude will only make more enemies. Is that what you want?

I know, I know, we're supposed to turn the other cheek, which, in order to make UBL and the world happy, would mean throwing out the constitution, returning to the stone ages, subjugating women, and etc etc etc.  Get a clue Blue1.  There is nothin quite so false as your self righteous mea culpa attitude.  What happend on 9/11 was not the U.S.'s fault.  The world ain't no popularity contest, or didn't you now that.  It's a matter of survival, regardless of what all the weak contries of the world wish differently!  It is not arrogance.  It's a will to survive!

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Global Views of America
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2003, 08:51:06 AM »
Yes. Telling people to go **** themself on a BBS is 'the will to survive'. True 'Eye of the Tiger' stuff. Yay.

Remember - Grrr!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 08:53:26 AM by Dowding »
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.