Author Topic: JABO.. get some fries with yer burger, free.  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
JABO.. get some fries with yer burger, free.
« on: January 15, 2001, 05:05:00 PM »
I've noticed a few more JABO sorties being flown lately, and even I'm finding myself hauling lotsa heavy iorn under my pony this tour.

I had an opportunity to set up a cap over a V-field the other evening, and was in P51 with a pair of 1k eggs and the six rockets. This field had just been captured by the other side; so it's Vhang was still smokin, but the acks were up.

Taking a chance; I called for a goon. When I got a 'one on the way' reply, I dropped down and used just 2 rockets to pop the aks.. and grabbed back up. Setting up a pylon turn at 10k over the vfield I watched the vhang for it's regen and kept an eye out for interference from the other side. Sure enuff; along comes a knit f6f and since he's lower and slower; I pulled a shallow dive towards him to get him defensive, then sucked him into a 'rope-a-dope' and MAN that pony comes over the top FAST at 2 notches of flap with all that extra weight.

Pulling down hard I get a clean planform shot and nailed the f6f, but now the VH is up.. and the guy I blew outta the f6f pops up in an ostie, parked next to the v-hanger. I toggle the weapons select, arm up the 1k's and head down to pop the hanger. Two on the kisser; and the V-field is closed down.

Goons gettin close now; and with that ostie there it could get ugly. I have some help arriving now.. another pony who's willing to keep the ostie busy while I set up a rocket attack. Down I come at 45 degerees; 400IAS, and I spit the last 4 off the rails using single fire at guns range. *KA-RUMP**KA-RUMP**KA-RUMP**KA-RUMP* Scratch one ostie.

Not even in WB's was Jabo so damn much fun. All thru beta I tried like hell to get some kind of accuracy or effectiveness outta rockets and eggs from fighters.. had dismal luck. Now; having done nothing diffrent that I can percieve in my attack method or line ups.. (same style I used for years over in WB's) ..I'm getting far more hits; and doing the damage I set out to do.

So; if yer like me; and had given up JABO in AH as just a fast way to get dead while overweight, give it another try. You'll find the rockets are in particular a heluva lotta fun.  

Hang
1st/AG "Bishlanders"
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2001, 03:52:00 AM »
I have been trying some jabo attacks by miself but with one bomb and few 20 mm's it's not that fun  

Yep, I only fly Lufwaffe planes. Call me stupid but I like flying for Lufwaffe only, it's bit like role play.

Please HTC, could you model Fw 190F-8?

------------------
jochen Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey I/SG 5

Sieg oder bolsevismus!
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2001, 04:01:00 AM »
Dam again those luftwoffles start their whining....

------------------
Staga Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey I/SG 5

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2001, 04:42:00 AM »
Ahh..... Hang sees the light  

Jabo rules. Storm and I call fer a goon before we even roll  

OK... that sounded kinda arrogant. I've got a good lawyer.

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2001, 07:02:00 AM »
JABO's great, just wish the Typhoon didn't suffer from one-ping radiator kills all the time.. pretty murderous. Ah well  

And since JABO is the only way to get perk points for fighters, it makes more sense to JABO than to bomb, at least for now.

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2001, 08:09:00 AM »

Originally posted by -duma-:
JABO's great, just wish the Typhoon didn't suffer from one-ping radiator kills all the time.. pretty murderous. Ah well  

And since JABO is the only way to get perk points for fighters, it makes more sense to JABO than to bomb, at least for now.

The one major problem with any water cooled engine. The classic one ping radiator hits were what made planes like the P-47 ideal for ground pounding. Obviously the Typhoons ground attack record speaks for itself. I wonder if it had been an air cooled engine if it would have been just that much better. I love those big 20's on the Typhoon and it's sooo smooth in the deck.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2001, 08:49:00 AM »
The AKs have been doing extensive JABO lately.  Its been a blast for us... not as fun for the other country

Keeping the .50's on safe while I heat up the rockets for the osties and acks is truly a kick.

AKDejaVu

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2001, 09:12:00 AM »
Gotta second Jochen's request.

It's odd that the nation that introduced CAP in a widespread manner isn't represented with a JABO plane.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"I am the light at the end of your sorry little tunnel." - A. Eldricht

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2001, 09:24:00 AM »
I find I can now take out the ack at a VH with the 109f. Done at a quiet base, it's possible to sneak goon in and capture. I've always stunk at jabo but with the latest ack de-aiming patch, I've been able to enjoy a little jabo in my favorite a2a ride.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2001, 09:35:00 AM »

It's odd that the nation that introduced CAP in a widespread manner isn't represented with a JABO plane.

can you explain "CAP" in this reference?  I've always understood it to mean Combat Air Patrol (more defensive.. protecting an area).  CAS is what I've interpreted to mean "Close Air Support".. or more of a JABO role.

Not claiming to be correct.. just confused.

Also, most of the footage I have seen of JABO with German planes involved an aircraft with 1 bomb.  Is this not currently represented in the game?  Once again.. just a question.

AKDejaVu

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2001, 09:45:00 AM »
The CHAWG rules in this area,bombs, rockets,and cannons!!!  Cannons really breaks things nicely

Those V- hangers explode nicely when using cannons

Offline rickod

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2001, 10:41:00 AM »
Im alot better at jabo than I am at dogfighting so if ya see me online ask me to bomb something    

------------------

SKRBROFR
27TH SENTAI
ARMED RECCE UNIT
[This message has been edited by rickod (edited 01-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by rickod (edited 01-16-2001).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2001, 11:17:00 AM »
OOPd, thanks deja, a P sneaked in where an S should have been. Mea culpa, I stand corrected, yer right.

About films/jabo's. I've seen films of both, and historical facts are that there were 190's that were specialized for JABO. With LW being a major player, don't ya think it's odd that we have no real JABO planes, and the Americans have the P-38, DHOG, CHOG, 2*P-47 and P-51?

The VVS have it even worse.

I sincerely hope HTC will rectify this soon, but by the looks of it, we'll get *more* allied groundpounders, further skewing the balance.

Well, that was the whine part of this post heheh  
------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"I am the light at the end of your sorry little tunnel." - A. Eldricht

[This message has been edited by StSanta (edited 01-16-2001).]

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2001, 11:30:00 AM »
Can someone (jabo geek & expert if possible) please tell me how to hit something with rockets and bombs OTHER than using a 90 degree dive over the target? Its quite hard for my neuron depleted brain to comprehend how to jabo without using "death from above" dive bombing    

Offline rickod

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2001, 11:35:00 AM »
there was a very good site posted awhile back that i have and use to great effect its not listed at the ht web page tho I could email it and directions to anyone who asks

I hit 85% of the time the times that i dont hit are because i hurried and didnt setup the shot correctly

------------------
Skrbrofr

27TH SENTAI
ARMED RECCE UNIT