Author Topic: Why So High?  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
Why So High?
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2003, 10:47:36 AM »
oh, and sharky... I am not a trainer and never have been... I am at best mediocre and probly the worst sim pilot in our squad.

I only mentioned that so you'd understand that I at least had a working knowledge of ACM not to puff up my chest.  Anyway I gave it the Lazs method of fighting yesterday.  Not just a sortie or two but about 20.  Well my K/S and K/D stayed about the same but I don't think I landed more than 3 of those sorties.  Problem with just wadding in and mixing it up is you have to kill everyone before you leave!  :)

Anyway, fly the way you like and I'll fly the way I like.  Hell I may even swoop down off my perch to clear your six sometime or at least use you as bait :)  

Sharky

Offline jayster

• Zinc Member
Why So High?
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2003, 11:17:45 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Why bother?  You'll just run at the first sign of danger.

Ack-Ack

Better get a faster plane to catch me then.

Just out of curiosity - who are you?

Who are you?

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Why So High?
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2003, 02:15:57 PM »
Thats your response?  Who told you it was ok to 'answer' a question with a question?

It was a really simple one too.

Allow me to explain my reason for asking:  You dont seem to like Rude too much.  Now - Rude's been around for a pretty long time, so youre either a new guy with a chip on his shoulder because youve been banned from all the CounterStrike servers for team killing or your a 'vet' with a different name.

And so... enter initial quesiton.

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
Why So High?
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2003, 10:25:58 PM »
The world is really mesed up when ppl from the 13th TAS start complaining about alt monkeys... :P

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Why So High?
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2003, 11:07:43 PM »
Sharky, good to see you here, hope you have fun.

On to the subject. I think it really depends on the amount of time spent on line, and a little of your "make up."

I can only give an example of myself and probably those that I fly with. Maybe and hour, sometimes alittle more a night, for the most part during the week.

In that time you have the opportunity to fly a couple of sorties way up high, maybe a few kills..

..or get down in the weeds have twenty or more opportunities in the same timeframe from which you take what you can and put it down on the runway. Not flying in the weeds to die.

In the weeds, that happens, but it comes with the territory.

Boring.

No.

Fun.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Why So High?
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2003, 11:15:44 PM »
Originally posted by Blue Mako
The world is really mesed up when ppl from the 13th TAS start complaining about alt monkeys... :P

Rude wasn't complaining , just asked a simple question . Even a 412th alt monkey should get it:)

Offline jayster

• Zinc Member
Why So High?
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2003, 11:25:05 PM »
Originally posted by sax
Rude wasn't complaining , just asked a simple question . Even a 412th alt monkey should get it:)

Alot seems to have changed, P51 Dweebs to Alt Whining P51 dweebs.

Offline bizket

• Copper Member
Why So High?
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2003, 02:38:53 AM »
You know I do have to say rude does have a point. I'm seeing more and more guys come in at me with a 5 to 10k advantage, make a few passes then run away. I dont really know what the problem is. My guess is they just dont know to do if start to lose their advantage so they run. Most likely they dont have a very good working knowledge of ACM so they depend on total surpise to get kills.

New guys need more opportunites for training. It would be nice if AH hired a few more trainers and started to staff the TA with a few of them every weeknight. That was the one thing WBs really had going for it. You logged into the TA, a trainer asked what you wanted to work on and you went and did it. Even in a half hour lesson you could really learn a lot.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
Why So High?
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2003, 04:32:36 PM »
Would help if HT ould add O2 to the plane, lots of the 22k la7 would be gone.....no O2 in a real la7....think about it
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>