Author Topic: Cannibis report  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Cannibis report
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2003, 10:56:06 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
smoking pot does indeed impair your ability to drive or perform any task.   I smoked pot for maybe 10 years.   I recall one time waiting for the light to turn red so that I could go.
lazs

Ohhhh!  a CLASSIC! thks!

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Cannibis report
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2003, 11:14:46 AM »
Yeah, I don't think anybody is lobbying to legalize DUI . One time when I was in highschool I was driving home and couldn't figure out why I couldn't see out the windshield . I had the defrost on, the wipers going and everything . Then it occured to me to turn the headlights on .

Cheech to Chong- "Hey man, how am I driving man ?"

I was much happier when I was much stupider .

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Cannibis report
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2003, 01:00:24 PM »
Huh?

:D

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Cannibis report
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2003, 08:49:44 PM »
yeah, and folks who smoke a lotta weed are 50 times more likely than the general population to do a lot of acid.

post hoc propter hoc

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
Cannibis report
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2003, 12:15:10 AM »
Weed smoking/ingesting would be a thing of the past if you had to take a P test when getting a driver's license.  Then a test every 5 years when you renew your license.

That would pretty much take care of the MJ problem with minors...and everyone else who drives.:D

Alcohol would still be a big problem though.  The only place to start is with the teenagers.  When they learn it's not cool to be impared while driving, and smoke weed along with drinking a Budweiser while cruising the neighborhoods, maybe they won't end up being alcoholics/potheads later in life...if they live that long.

(Mother mode on...)  

Problem is, with young people, its hard to stop with just one drink or joint.  The order of the day is party hardy.  I used to be young once.  Some of the things I did were mild compared to what my buddies did under the influence and driving.  I've been lucky so long, I figured it was time to take heed.  I will not drive unless I'm 100% sober.  Period.  Only exception would be an emergency of the direst kind.  

If you must, at least stay home and don't drive around after getting stoned, and/or while drinking.  I hear marriage solves many of these problems.  For those who don't want to get married, play Aces High...you can't get hurt in the MA, (not too bad anyway.):D

About MJ in general.  The older you get, the slower you become.  MJ is a depressant and, especially when combined with alcohol, it slows reflexes down considerably.  This is a fact, and something to think about.  People can tell when you're stoned, immediately from the smell, if you just smoked.  Don't think you can hide it.

And with cigarette smokers being singled out as social misfits, I doubt MJ smoking is going to gain much acceptability.  Though you and I know, this has nothing to do with a person's character; some "misguided folks" don't think that way.  And they are often the ones who ruin your day.  Be careful and aware at all times.  Thank you.

Just my 2 cents.

{Mother mode off...)

Les:cool:

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Cannibis report
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2003, 02:30:43 AM »
Weed smoking/ingesting would be a thing of the past if you had to take a P test when getting a driver's license. Then a test every 5 years when you renew your license.

That would pretty much take care of the MJ problem with minors...and everyone else who drives.

take care? you mean "this would force the minors to take an 2 month breake from smoking every 5 years?"
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
Cannibis report
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2003, 03:09:51 AM »
Yes, if they wanted a driver's license.  Would also go for all drivers Maniac.:D

Les

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Cannibis report
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2003, 07:06:11 AM »

Leslie :)

they had a song called sweet leaf
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Cannibis report
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2003, 07:07:32 AM »
Originally posted by Leslie
Yes, if they wanted a driver's license.  Would also go for all drivers Maniac.:D

Les

they have junk they can drink/take for a couple a days and pee clean. it'd take a few off the road but not many..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Cannibis report
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2003, 07:19:42 AM »
they have junk they can drink/take for a couple a days and pee clean. it'd take a few off the road but not many..

An couple of weeks ago an friend got pulled over by the cops, he had drank 6 beers and after that he took 3 extacy pills (over an period of time that evening), the cops notice that he was intoxicated (drunk) and starts to search him.

After that they drive him to police station (while my friend pops his 4th extacy pill, wich was hidden in his sock).

And guess what, the computer based alco test machine gives an reading of 0,001,  it says that hes sober, the police men then politly gives him an ride back to his car and he drives away...

Lucky guy!
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
Cannibis report
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2003, 08:34:33 AM »
The police should have taken your friend to the hospital.

Les

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Cannibis report
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2003, 08:39:38 AM »
I think that what would happen is that if a cop smelled pot or the person was acting loaded he would be tested... I don't know how much "junk" he could ingest (isn't bleach one of em?) before he got pulled over but I am guessing that he would test positive and get a DWI.  

I don't want him on the road... enough people who are zonked out on simple cell phone meditation.   Can you imagine someone on pot AND talking on a cell phone?   Huh?
lazs

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Cannibis report
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2003, 09:32:31 AM »
see it all the time and it's friggin' scarey!

lately though, at least I've seen more and more people pulling off the road and stopping to talk.. or stare in stupor.. or whatever.

pot smoking impairs judgement, causes lack of drive (duh), etc etc...
if you needed an operation would you want a pot-head doing it?
then why should they be allowed to drive while high...?

granted the degree is different but the fact is that pot impairs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Cannibis report
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2003, 10:01:31 AM »
Of course it does wlfgng but like every other drug.... It tells you that you are ok and that it is your only true friend and that all those other people don't know what they are talking about and she woulda left you anyway cause shes a controling squeak who doesn't want you to relax and..... "hey the light turned red aren't you gonna go?"
lazs

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Cannibis report
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2003, 10:22:17 AM »
lmao.. so true

the red-light thing is the kicker :)