Author Topic: Bunch of freaking mamby pamby girly men  (Read 841 times)

Offline Cabby

• Zinc Member
Bunch of freaking mamby pamby girly men
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2000, 05:36:00 PM »
Quote:

"WB is dead, we dont need a revisited WB.
I personally was never attracted from WB.

WB is dead because ICI left iEN. Some went to form WW2Ol, but the main players are here at AH. Where WB left off, AH will continue from.
"

Damn!!!   Another self-proclaimed "expert" mistaking opinion for "fact".  When are you AH fans going to stop posting such drivel as this???

WB's doesn't look "dead" from my perspective.  Of course, that's just my opinion.

Cabby

------------------
=44th FS "VAMPIRES"=
"The Jungle Air Force"
Welcome To The Jungle!!!"

[This message has been edited by cabby (edited 10-26-2000).]
Six: "Come on Cabbyshack, let's get some!"

LJK Raubvogel

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2000, 05:41:00 PM »
  another guy got lost on the way to the WB BBS.

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

[This message has been edited by LJK Raubvogel (edited 10-26-2000).]

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2000, 05:55:00 PM »

Originally posted by cabby:
Quote:
Damn!!!   Another self-proclaimed "expert" mistaking opinion for "fact".  When are you AH fans going to stop posting such drivel as this???

WB's doesn't look "dead" from my perspective.  Of course, that's just my opinion.
Cabby

This is you:    

This is you on WarBirds:    

And remember kids, don't do WarBirds!
-SW

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2000, 05:58:00 PM »
Cabby,

WBs2.76r?  needs a serious facelift.  Thats what WBs3 is all about!

Who cares about singular opinions anyway  

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

VISCONTI

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2000, 07:07:00 PM »
20$ for Marijuana ???? They hare thiefs belive me!!!

Anyway,

<<<Unless you are paying, your opinion or what you want to see really does not matter. >>>

I think that HTC try to expand his business. Then if they need to expand business they need to listen to the new customers.
They must know why their business attract no more players. The 10$ thing is an exemple.
The actual customers hare "sure" they usually think 2 or 3 time before quitting.

<<<They are the majority of AH customers.>>>

I really doubt. Anyway what think the others customers that HTC need and hare not here??

I leave AH cause of the completely absent intention to implement an early-war set, before the 10$ manouver. I dont need these planes tomorrow but I want know if that argument is on the 1st or 2nd or 3rd list.. no reply?? no money!!

The MA is like a reception where u can find all kind of people, u can be yourself or try to emulate the others. Then we have scenarios, a private room. You can live magical moments, more intense than in MA.

MA need a very limited # of aircraft for surviving. Scenarios need more and more efforts. They hare doing a good job on MA but i doubt that the majority of players need P-51H or Ta152 or F8F or P-47N to have more fun in AH. If this is the reality, please change the name of this game, is not a WW2 simulator is a 1945-1946 simulator.

When i was asking for an implementation of early war AC, only a little # of customer replied at my favor. Probably was too early.
Now we see more people that ask info on the implementation of an early war planeset.
Who know probably is too early again, but this is a signal that people need something different than make a step in 1946.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2000, 07:12:00 PM »
Actually I gotta agree with Visconti on alot of what he says.

IMO the MA lacks purpose.  The map currently running in the MA (beta2) boxes in the teams.  I will compare to aw3 maps.. The current most popular map in aw3 is old eto, a map probably not much larger than beta2, without the mtn in the center, with longer front lines between teams.  The beta map might be improved without the huge mountain in the center, and have each team posess bases close to the center.

The longer fronts help by not channeling all the enemy down the same path (as it is at present in MA)  The bases close to the center permit any player to find multi team furballs at any time.

The longer front permits a player to up at anytime without having to join his team in defence, and reduces his flight time to enemy airspace.  
The longer front also creates more options for attacking and defending.  Currently if your team is being attacked by another, it is relatively impossible to counter attack.  With the channeling of forces, any attack has to go through the enemy already hitting you, which reduces your chances immensely.

As far as the plane set is concerned... it likely will be pointless to bother with early AC in the current 1 arena setup.  I am a fan of the earlier AC by far, and hope that in the future we might look forward to ERA arenas, Or at least PAC and Euro!!

Dunno if any of the above will make sense to others, but hey it does to me

Its the challenge of mastering these AC that has me here for the moment.  I've been paying to play aw3 for 2 years, at the moment I can't see staying in AH that long unless some of the above issues are addressed.

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2000, 07:53:00 PM »
Yup.. ain't the US grand. We can suck down all the liver, kidney and destroying booze we want at roughly 10$ for a half gallon of 80proof vodka... but marijuana is illegal(damages lungs, yes. no brain damage, brain cell membranes slightly enlarge with heavy users-- but that goes away if you stop).

Anyways.. drugs are a whole nother thingie.

I think the reason for the late war set is because you rarely see them in other games. We are, however, getting aircraft that served in the war. Would you really want to fly a Spitfire MkI around in this arena? I'm sure they have some strategy to this, afterall this ain't their first run at this market niche. Pyro already stated that everyone has done the BoB plane set and mid-war planeset.. and indeed they have. So they're going for a late-war planeset to tide us over while they build the rest of the planes.

If it's the planeset you are after, WB is now 24.95$ and offers many planes.

I'm here for the continued support, quick development from 6 people(2 of which don't code the game mind you) and because ensuring AH's future means that we will see some of the most in depth scenarios in a year. I'll bet you that in one year you would of forgotten all about the "limited" planeset and will be merrily shooting planes down in your early plane scenarios.

-SW

Rock

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2000, 08:53:00 PM »

Damn!!! Another self-proclaimed "expert" mistaking opinion for "fact". When are you AH fans going to stop posting such drivel as this???

Cabby, they seem to be everywhere. What ya gonna do?

VISCONTI

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2000, 09:23:00 PM »
<<<but marijuana is illegal(damages lungs...>>>

Not here and if u eat biscuits no lungs problems  

<<<I'll bet you that in one year you would of forgotten all about the "limited" planeset and will be merrily shooting planes down in your early plane scenarios.>>>

I really hope that, but in one year we have more than 1 game to choice. Just give us a clear signal.

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2000, 09:39:00 PM »
You euros are wierdos!! marijuana biscuits?? sheesh!

BROWNIES are the way to go man!!!! :-)

Of course nothings like hitting the good ol' bong! ;-)

Yeah in a year we should have more choices. I hope so.. competition is good and means more and better things down the road.
Which is the way I look at it. Great now.. gets better a little later. Just take a lil' time.
-SW

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2000, 09:48:00 PM »
AKSeaWulfe wrote:

*development from 6 people(2 of which don't code the game mind you)*

Actually, that's backwards.  There's only 2 coders here, HT and Ronni.

Yeager wrote:

*HTC would triple their monthly subscriptions at $19 and quadruple X2 subscription at $9*

Well that would make it an easy decision.

*The bigger question for me is how will it change the community.*

That's a double-edged sword in some ways.  Change with growth is inevitable, and while you can lose a lot of the small town feeling, it does open up a lot of other possibilities.  One of the challenges we face working with a smaller community of players is the communal approach we have to take with the main arena or even with the concept of a main arena.  It would be nice to work with a larger group where different arena flavors can be viable and populated.  That leads to more interest which leads to more growth which leads to more options.  In that way it's certainly appealing and alleviates some problems.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

[This message has been edited by Pyro (edited 10-26-2000).]

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2000, 10:04:00 PM »
 This argument is about as hopeless as arguing with a woman. Your not going to win anyway.
 I remember once,  in the heat of an argument with a girl. I called her a c---sucker. She beamed with pride, and decided I was trying to make up. How can you deal with such people?

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2000, 08:03:00 AM »
Visconti, to be an Italian player who claims to know so much about the historic Mediterannean theater, you seem to lack some really critical information.

The B-26 was an extremely common US bomber in that theater, and the units names we are using in Afrika Korps are actual units that flew the B-26 and participated in that campaign. Would you like me to provide you some photo's of them in that theater?

And no your correct, Typhoon did not serve in the Med during that period, but they did serve in the ETO during the exact same time, so they are period.

They're there to substitute for the Allied ground attack capability that we don't have. For instance the P-40, an early P-38, the Hurricane IIc, and many others.

It seems to me that you are constantly critical of what other players do for Scenario's and what they contribute to the community.

So why haven't you stepped forward and offered to do your own Historical Events? It obvious that your events will be quite superior to everything that has been done to date.

Its real easy to sit on the sidelines and continously nitpick everyone else, so step up and show us what you've got.

{This post represents my own opinons as an individual and my own only. They have nothing to do with any other CM or connection to HTC}

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2000, 08:27:00 AM »
"They're there to substitute for the Allied ground attack capability that we don't have. For instance the P-40, an early P-38, the Hurricane IIc, and many others.

It seems to me that you are constantly critical of what other players do for Scenario's and what they contribute to the community."

VERM,

Dont you understand that he aint criticizing the scenarios, hes criticizing HTC for doing "perk planes" instead of filling out the early war plane set for scenarios etc.

Regards

------------------
AH : Maniac
WB : -nr-1-
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2000, 09:06:00 AM »
 You guys have perverted my beautiful flame thread!!!!  I got up this morning and couldn't wait to rekindle my anger to those that closed their accounts over the pricing survey thingy. But instead I find myself wanting to fight for the legalization of marijuana!!!   heheheh SW I think we went to the same "school"   thank God I graduated!

I wish I had my freakin CPU here!!!!! I want to fly realy bad and I can't    So I have become a UBB lurker.

udie