Author Topic: Finally : First time I p*ssed people off by shooting them down!  (Read 2454 times)

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Finally : First time I p*ssed people off by shooting them down!
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2003, 08:31:50 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
i take it you still suck?

I see Baby Hueys still measuring his manhood in a sim.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2003, 08:33:51 PM by SunKing »

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2003, 12:17:13 PM »
Hogen!  WTG Dude!!!  You had fun shooting down those 2 N1K2s, right?  Then you got what you are paying for.  Direct and simple.  If someone disagrees with the way you fought the fight, so what.  It is not their signature on the credit card.

In my book you did great!  Super job!  Keep it up and shoot a few more down!!

:)
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2003, 01:10:11 PM »
Originally posted by Swager
Hogen!  WTG Dude!!!  You had fun shooting down those 2 N1K2s, right?  Then you got what you are paying for.  Direct and simple.  If someone disagrees with the way you fought the fight, so what.  It is not their signature on the credit card.

In my book you did great!  Super job!  Keep it up and shoot a few more down!!

:)

isnt swager great! :)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2003, 05:37:15 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Your obviously scared to death of the N1K and probably will never learn how to beat it with your current strategy.

You didn't fight them on your "own terms" ... you just picked them off when they were engaged with something else or RTBing.

You drained the tanks on a P51 and all you had to show for it was two kills which really didn't involve any fighting ... what did you learn ACM-wise on that sortie ? ... nothing .

edit : uncalled for line ... sorry

WTG Hogan....any dead nikki is a good nikki...and no UFO dweeb should whine about anything.

Slapshot...above comment really doesnt make much sense...there is no ACM that will kill a Nikki in a pony....so we'll rename you slapsnot for a day:)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2003, 05:45:49 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
"Now, for everyone's benefit, what would you do, step by step, to win the engagement? Remember, your in a Pony, let's say 1/2 tank, 5K alt advantage over 2 Nikis. No bases or CVs nearby. "

I'm salivating, just reading this.  Cmon Slap... tell him.

5K alt advantage, no enemy, no enemy base, no enemy cv in site.

Oh my,   excuse me while I go get a towel, I'm drooling on my keyboard.

Grab another 5k of alt...?:)

couldnt resist

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2003, 06:40:32 PM »
Grab another 5k of alt...?

How does that make any sense at all?

Resist what?  what are you talking about?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 06:47:13 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2003, 03:36:05 PM »
From the way Slapshot is engaging in the post, you'd think he was one of the Nikis that got shot down.

:D

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2003, 04:03:03 PM »
I actually had a similiar experience last night...ran into a Nikki at about 15k or so...I was maybe 12k in an la-5. Realistically we were probably pretty close to co-e...he took a nose down shot on "merge" and gave me the high ground. It realistically took a good 5 minutes for me to set up a shot...I was fighting vertically from the over and he was climbing back up into me from the under. I kept "tightening up" as I got a better feel for his total E and preferences. I dont think we were ever more than 2.5 apart and were within 1200 (vertically seperated) at least half the time. I took 1 shot (14 20mm) and sawed his tail off....bout 30 sec later comes the whine "I finally bored him to death"(sads). Personally I think nikki is a total dweeb ride with a porked FM (still)...and yes I do fly it once in awhile:).

I'm curious what anyone in a nikki or zeke or spitV or other such ride really expects from someone flying an E fighter. Especially the nikki since its E model is so far off. What really amazed me is the inability to distinquish between E fighting & B&Z...although both are legit tactics.

Personally I hope they rework the FM on the nikki for AHII...otherwise ditch it and make the dweebs fly a real plane.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2003, 05:43:56 PM »
Nice job, Humble.  Those nikis are really badarse when flown by a good pilot.  That Taki guy is really darned good in them... imo.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2003, 11:19:36 AM »
Taki is a true ballbuster...

I've never seen someone manage E better. Since he's in a nikki I'm always unsure if he's that good or the nikki is that badly modeled e retention wise. He has that mid zoom drop the nose thingy down pat. Then screams right up thru the middle of the spiral and sprays you at 650-800 as you flatten it out...amazingly by the time I can get flipped over and rudder in on him he's already recovered and back in a climbing 270...if you pull into him and miss he'll flip over on ya so I usually roll 90 away zoom and we repeat the whole damm thing:rolleyes:

Since he's a terror in a spitty as well I give him credit for skill but I still think nikki is a bit uber. I'd guess the pony probably has a bit of an edge tactics wise vs the la-5 (against nikki) I normally drive but realistically its the same fight.

Glad to know I'm not the only goes away mumbling every time I run into Taki...even on those rare occasions I tag him.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2003, 05:58:59 PM »
Originally posted by humble
there is no ACM that will kill a Nikki in a pony....

With people believing that load of crap, no wonder why there's a horde of timid, limp wristed players in AH with absolutely no understanding or even knowledge of what ACM is and how to use it.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2003, 06:07:25 PM »
Ack-Ack's signature:

"Some pilots are good, some pilots are great but the best of all flew the P-38!"

Who is this guy Col. Al Griebling?  I'm just curious as to who he is as I've never heard of him.

:confused:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2003, 06:07:58 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
"Now, for everyone's benefit, what would you do, step by step, to win the engagement? Remember, your in a Pony, let's say 1/2 tank, 5K alt advantage over 2 Nikis. No bases or CVs nearby. "

I'm salivating, just reading this.  Cmon Slap... tell him.

5K alt advantage, no enemy, no enemy base, no enemy cv in site.

Not that I'm a P-51 driver (probably have less than 5 minutes stick time in it) but that's a rather easy setup.

Since it's not smart to turn fight a N1K2 in a P-51D, let alone two of them, I'd rely on using E fighting tactics such BnZ to tap dance on their heads.  This would be to try to split them up, so when I make my passes, I only have to worry about 1 of them at a time and also tap dancing on their heads forces them to evade my passes, burning valuable energy in the process.  Keep hammering them with the BnZ high speed passes until either one of both of them are dead or to the point that their E state has been dwindled enough that I can get inside their breaking turn for the deflection shot and kill.  Or I can use the BnZ passes to setup the Rope-A-Dweeb and rope them with a spiral climb.

Ack-Ack

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2003, 06:14:44 PM »
AKAK, that's basically what I said.. except splitting them up.  I prefer to keep  them together,  so they both have to evade and, if either makes a mistake, you will have a shot opportunity.
Plus if they split up, you will have a harder time keeping one or the other from grabbing.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2003, 06:21:09 PM »
In the P-38 I'd keep them together for those reasons but I thought with a P-51D, you could always extend into a shallow climb and regain your altitude if the 2nd one decided to climb instead of going to the assist of his buddy.  This isn't the case with the P-51D?

ack-ack