Author Topic: SPYING...........stop doing it FFS.....  (Read 2707 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
SPYING...........stop doing it FFS.....
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2003, 02:52:16 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
Though not fool proof, the above does help. Also, many times, we will send 2-4 planes off toward a base we are not planning on hitting, just to set off the dar bar and draw the enemy resources away from the main strike.

I don't think I'll ever understand the desire to avoid enemy planes or fighting in this game.  This just baffles me.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2003, 03:01:28 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
I don't think I'll ever understand the desire to avoid enemy planes or fighting in this game.  This just baffles me.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Levi....it's really simple....they are Lamb Killers.

Anything with teeth and they are gone.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2003, 03:04:06 PM »
Hazed, the best way to stop that is just to make them public by the country that receives the information.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2003, 04:42:38 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
once you leave the pure combat envelope and get into dweeby missun stuff you are bound to get things like spys and suicide porkers and such to go along with the whole timid (as deja so elequently puts it) 40 against none missunz to kill toolsheds.
lazs

whine alert.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2003, 04:46:34 PM »
I think Mini-D pretty much said it best.  What makes you think that it wasn't the Dar Bar that gave away your mission?  As soon as you see a large enemy 'dar bar in a sector, you know it's a mission inbound and the way most people fly in here, it's very easy to predict their route and then set up an interception.  

I guess it's easier to blame others for a failed mission than on yourself.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2003, 05:26:02 PM »
Had a strange encounter last night. We had a missun goin with only 10 in it. Ofcourse it was a missun to break up the regular routine. So we upped 109e4 and stukas. Well during our climb out along comes 2 cons on dar. We were still in a friendly sector so all they could see was a dar bar. Then we noticed that they are not looking for us they know where we are exactly and are making a b line straight for us. Not in visual range yet we press on and they are hot on our tail. So the 109s head towards the threat to meet them. Its a temp and a 109g series. the temp engages 5 109e's but we notice that the 109 presses on joined by a p38 now heading straight for the stukas which our not in visual range. To make along story short we questioned how they knew exactly where we were. Answer: "We saw how slow the dar bar was moving and figured it was bombers."

I must admit that was an interesting answer... Never seen dar move slowly.

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2003, 05:42:17 PM »
cant stop the spy.  its the .wingman thing they use to target the goons or the buffs that piss me off.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2003, 05:50:04 PM »
no biggie.  it's a game

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2003, 05:50:46 PM »

-- Todd/Leviathn

LOL me neither... :)

And its really bizzare and sad how thuroughly this mindset has permeated the player base as of late...

BTW I hear some of em call it "straturdgy." :rolleyes:

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2003, 05:52:52 PM »

-- Todd/Leviathn

Poor Levi. Let me explain. It's the holy grail, it's "strateeeegery".

There. Got it?

;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2003, 07:00:58 PM »
This place is getting more and more like a schoolyard every day.

:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2003, 07:21:53 PM by muckmaw »

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2003, 07:23:21 PM »

-- Todd/Leviathn

Heh I am all for fighting but when 40 planes are inbound and its just you and 2 friends.....its time to find someplace else to go.  That may be coming in behind the horde and taking on stragglers, but to stand in the front of the freight train steaming right at you and trying to put up resistance isnt too smart.

Hazed..... I believe that this has got to be the most ridiculous complaint I have ever seen on this board.  I mean.....for Cod's sake.....are we not allowed to kill goons now?!?!

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2003, 07:29:16 PM »
Well I guess i'll just have to Ruin the Bishorcs Spy here and reveil its name..... ( i followed this spy all over the place and it did not fly at all, it just kept moving to the next rook base that they planed to hit .... ) Ahhh just think of the 15 bucks wasted for this one.....

And the Winning name of the Bish's Spy Is......    Candi

Go look at its stats for the this tour and last mo's tour .
(they used it to spy on bolth Rooks and Knits)

Sorry Bishorcs but if you need a spy to win bases when you got Numbers advantage Well ......maybe you should go play RA 2 they have lots of cheats in the game.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2003, 07:49:08 PM »
To answer the original question:

Crack, and it feels good!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2003, 08:06:23 PM »
Originally posted by sling322
Heh I am all for fighting but when 40 planes are inbound and its just you and 2 friends.....its time to find someplace else to go.  

Sling, I believe that is "counter strateegery". However, it also plays into the hands of the "strateegery" guys; it accomplishes their goal of bloodless conquest.

;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!