Author Topic: SPYING...........stop doing it FFS.....  (Read 2705 times)

Offline yowser

• Copper Member
SPYING...........stop doing it FFS.....
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2003, 12:49:45 PM »
"...Because the "mission" guys dont care about defending a base being ganged. They are already on their way to gang an undefended enemy base. ...".

Exactly.  The last thing the mission types want to do is fight a fair fight against other mission types.  

yowser

Offline empty

• Zinc Member
      • http://thelegion.iwarp.com
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2003, 01:10:36 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
And the Winning name of the Bish's Spy Is......    Candi

Go look at its stats for the this tour and last mo's tour .
(they used it to spy on bolth Rooks and Knits)

I looked at the stats and I disagree with your analysis.

Candi logged 14-hours or so last campaign.  Has 14-captures, one of which I am personally familiar required a 50-minute drive.  I was bishop at the time, and that accounts for about an hour.  I flew for near to 30-hours that weekend and help Candi capture a couple of other bases over the course of the day.

I'm going to be defensive here because I know the person.  From what you're saying, its perfectly reasonable to be considered a spy if...you are new to sims, new to the game, have a PC that isn't top of the line, fly with a mouse, and share the account with a couple of kids.

I just can't state how strongly I feel about folks that know next to nothing about what they are speaking and boldly offer up "evidence" to support a groundless statement.

The rules of the forum won't allow me to describe your behavoircal characteristics, prefences, orientation or the maritial relationship of your parents in terms you'd be more likely to understand, however; it should be sufficient to say that unless you had real information, you shouldn't mention other folks names in this fashion.

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2003, 03:07:46 PM »
Originally posted by empty
I looked at the stats and I disagree with your analysis.

Candi logged 14-hours or so last campaign.  Has 14-captures, one of which I am personally familiar required a 50-minute drive.  I was bishop at the time, and that accounts for about an hour.  I flew for near to 30-hours that weekend and help Candi capture a couple of other bases over the course of the day.

I'm going to be defensive here because I know the person.  From what you're saying, its perfectly reasonable to be considered a spy if...you are new to sims, new to the game, have a PC that isn't top of the line, fly with a mouse, and share the account with a couple of kids.

I just can't state how strongly I feel about folks that know next to nothing about what they are speaking and boldly offer up "evidence" to support a groundless statement.

The rules of the forum won't allow me to describe your behavoircal characteristics, prefences, orientation or the maritial relationship of your parents in terms you'd be more likely to understand, however; it should be sufficient to say that unless you had real information, you shouldn't mention other folks names in this fashion.

I agree and think an apology is in order, the direct charge of cheating is out of order, the proof given is not enough nor is it acceptable. When you charge someone in this manner without proof it is in my opinion that you should be given a leave of absence from the game, however it's not my game.

Roscorro, you sir are no better then a cheater yourself, grow up.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2003, 04:05:12 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
Levi....it's really simple....they are Lamb Killers.

Anything with teeth and they are gone.

You'll soon find out that is one of the big pissers of flying in Knitwitland.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2003, 12:10:21 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
LOL

so you think they'd spend another $30 to spy?

lowerin the price lowered the standard - happens in everything

That's so stupid it doesn't even require a response.

Originally posted by Ack-Ack
You'll soon find out that is one of the big pissers of flying in Knitwitland.

So true...

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2003, 05:32:57 PM »
I had some idiot Bishop named Crin accuse me of having a 2nd account to use to spy because there's a player named YakYak.  

Personally, I think most of these cries of spy are made out of pure stupidity and the lack of any commen sense, just like Crin's accusations.

Ack-Ack
« Last Edit: September 10, 2003, 05:44:29 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Warchief

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2003, 03:39:11 AM »
Plain and simple. Spying does happen. But don't go anround and accuse peopel of it. To those who do it, it needs to stop. Bottom line pick a side. If you want to spy because you cant go out and find a target to hit or someone to dogfight and you don't want to fly and find something like the rest of us. Well then dont play.

Offline empty

• Zinc Member
      • http://thelegion.iwarp.com
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2003, 06:33:57 AM »
Since it isn't my $14.95, I really don't care how everyone else plays the game.  Easier not to worry about it since you can't change it.  Does anyone really believe that pointing out the moral and/or ethical faults of those who spy is going to change their lives?

It'll be on Ophra, how reading the AH BBS saved me from being a tool of evil....give me a break.

Sit down, shut up and kill something....

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2003, 12:43:47 PM »
Hey empty, haven't seen ya up for awhile. I'm on days now so maybe thats not so unusual. Maybe catch ya on a weekend.:D

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2003, 12:54:02 PM »
Just another reason to shoot every chute.

Offline Sarge

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/soundpge/index.html
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2003, 01:40:26 PM »
if you use the 200 voice channels you can talk to other side . dont know if it works in MA i know it does in the Dueling arena but was talking to sqd mates.  either way it is lame, that is why i shoot chutes when they sit on fields and near towns telling what is going on. those are what i call spies

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2003, 02:31:07 PM »
Originally posted by Samiam
And there it is.

I am also baffled as to why so many people spend good $$ on an air combat sim simply to avoid air combat.

And if it's "realism" and a strategic challenge you are after, you should be broadcasting all of your missions to channel 1 and hoping that a decent defence is mounted - isn't that where the fun is?

Fun is where people have fun. If someone's mission is joined regularly by many people, if that mission maker's missions are popular, and same people join his mission time after time, during months and years, probably they have fun? Or you can think that 1/3 of total players are masochists?

Your problem (as well as problem of some people who posted here already) is inability to understand that fun is different for different people. Some people love pure fight, some love taking bases, some love both. There are also score guys. For some team playing is playing for country, for some team is their squads, for some team is only themselve. Whatever mission you make, the strat one, the furball one or mixed type, you will get people in your mission. Now, the problem is how GOOD you can understand what type of mission you are making, and how good you can make sure that you make your mission to be exactly what you planned.

For example, pure strat mission shall be aimed where it is needed. Strat players do not love to spend so many time to get base which can be taken by 2 people without any mission. It means, that mission will meat a resistance, other way it is no need to bring so many people. Furball guys do not love to have base without fight, they also prefer a good fight to no fight or just the vulching. Score guys want as many kills and destroyed targets as only possible and at a shorter possible time, without being killed.

Now, is it possible to make mission that satisfy everyone? Hardly. But it is possible to plan it the way, when as many people will be satisfied as possible. Because furballers interests are the hardest to satisfy in a strat aimed mission, good mission planner shall make some missions for a pure fun also, or for a pure challenge. But those missions shall be rare, that makes them valuable and something to remember. I am used to be asked to make some mission, like 202 raid, many months after I made them.

Also, the way I saw it in the game thru all those years, it is much more people who care about strat in AH, than you can think when reading those boards. You hardly will find a vocal strat player, while vocal furballers are here in dozens. Saying it other way, we do not have our strat guy equal to laz yet (and I am sure will never have one). I think reason for this is also obvious.

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2003, 09:06:08 AM »
And why is this stupid thread still alive?

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2003, 06:02:13 PM »
Originally posted by DmdNexus
And why is this stupid thread still alive?
some dork decided to punt it.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2003, 03:04:23 AM »
Originally posted by Fariz
Fun is where people have fun. If someone's mission is joined regularly by many people, if that mission maker's missions are popular, and same people join his mission time after time, during months and years, probably they have fun? Or you can think that 1/3 of total players are masochists?

Your problem (as well as problem of some people who posted here already) is inability to understand that fun is different for different people. Some people love pure fight, some love taking bases, some love both. There are also score guys. For some team playing is playing for country, for some team is their squads, for some team is only themselve. Whatever mission you make, the strat one, the furball one or mixed type, you will get people in your mission. Now, the problem is how GOOD you can understand what type of mission you are making, and how good you can make sure that you make your mission to be exactly what you planned.

For example, pure strat mission shall be aimed where it is needed. Strat players do not love to spend so many time to get base which can be taken by 2 people without any mission. It means, that mission will meat a resistance, other way it is no need to bring so many people. Furball guys do not love to have base without fight, they also prefer a good fight to no fight or just the vulching. Score guys want as many kills and destroyed targets as only possible and at a shorter possible time, without being killed.

Now, is it possible to make mission that satisfy everyone? Hardly. But it is possible to plan it the way, when as many people will be satisfied as possible. Because furballers interests are the hardest to satisfy in a strat aimed mission, good mission planner shall make some missions for a pure fun also, or for a pure challenge. But those missions shall be rare, that makes them valuable and something to remember. I am used to be asked to make some mission, like 202 raid, many months after I made them.

Also, the way I saw it in the game thru all those years, it is much more people who care about strat in AH, than you can think when reading those boards. You hardly will find a vocal strat player, while vocal furballers are here in dozens. Saying it other way, we do not have our strat guy equal to laz yet (and I am sure will never have one). I think reason for this is also obvious.
That was a very good post, Fariz, and well written, considering your first language is not English.

I absolutely agree with what you said in the first paragraph. Different people have their own brand of fun, but some people cannot understand why everyone else does not enjoy their brand of fun. Some of those folks will look at another player's scoreline, and judge that person according to how they play the game, not how that player plays the game. And that's as ridiculous as measuring the output of an orange grove by how many apples it yields. :rolleyes: The other area in which some arguments fail is where players cite a stat or collection of stats, without making an allowance for the number of players that were online at the time. In "US prime time" with 500 or more online, the gameplay pattern can be very different from that to be seen in "Australasian prime time"/Euro daytime, with only about 75 people online.

Your last paragraph also made an excellent point - it's impossible to judge the proportion of players favouring furballing versus the proportion of those preferring strat simply by reviewing this BBS - especially as most AH players do not read it and even fewer post to it. When I flew yesterday (briefly - only 4 sorties) there were about 10 guys who had just captured a field, and were just discussing tactics for attacking the next, which they succeeded in capturing. No mention of furballing, no-one commenting on how many kills per unit of time he had been able to achieve.

The only way that HTC can accurately measure player opinion is by means of the anonymous pop-up polls that are sometimes taken when a player logs on.