Author Topic: think we traumatized him...  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
think we traumatized him...
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2003, 04:05:31 PM »
Originally posted by AKcurly
Discussions like this are moot (good word, lazs) until one of you decides to create this godsend of a map.  I volunteer Grizzly, 13th-TAS and the BKs.  It shouldn't take you more than two weeks if you can keep Lazs from changing his mind every 15 minutes.

curly

Yeah right Curly....I'm gonna take the time out of my life to build a map, so that everyone can make fun of me....wait....everyone makes fun of me anyway...I'm on it!:)

Actually, my son is the man for the job....he needs to get seettled in school first(freshman year in HS)...then I'll turn him loose.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2003, 04:05:54 PM »
lazs you cant start a furball that way. you have to find a big red darbar with no or few friendlies if no other furballs are going on and get everyone where the reds are.

as to making people up  when no red bars are around you have to fool them into thinking you want to take the base, kill the town only leave the base all up (acks too to keep no skill putz's from vulching and keeping enemies from flying) otherwise they have no reason to fight your dumb altitude advantaged ass
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2003, 07:43:27 PM »
Originally posted by AKcurly
Discussions like this are moot (good word, lazs) until one of you decides to create this godsend of a map.  I volunteer Grizzly, 13th-TAS and the BKs.  It shouldn't take you more than two weeks if you can keep Lazs from changing his mind every 15 minutes.

curly

I just don't understand your need to pick on the Tas , even after the stuff Rude and Toad said about ya I figured you one of the good ones.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2003, 11:17:46 PM »
Originally posted by sax
I just don't understand your need to pick on the Tas , even after the stuff Rude and Toad said about ya I figured you one of the good ones.

Just a  thought....but I would think the constant ridicule posted daily by TAS guys concerning the AKDesert map might be one reason.

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2003, 12:16:10 AM »
Originally posted by sling322
Just a  thought....but I would think the constant ridicule posted daily by TAS guys concerning the AKDesert map might be one reason.

Actually 2 members out of 11 have voiced there dislike of the map.

Both to my knowledge have nothing but respect for the AK's.

Me , I'm just pullin Curly's chain:) I owed him one.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2003, 09:05:16 AM »
the AK map is the worst and curly...  "every 15 minutes"??  Can't have it both ways guy... either I am boring with only 2 or ten suggestions that are allways the same or I change my mind every 15 minutes... it's all so confusing.   Were we talking about maps?

Cit... I really didn't think there was a huge chance of starting a fur... the CV was close and nothing else was happening on the map and we had tried a few "go to the big bar" fights allready but the ones less than a sector and a half had dried up... figured it was worth a try... nothing else to do..  What the post was really about was the rift in playerbase... diametrically oppossed.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2003, 09:40:53 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
What the post was really about was the rift in playerbase... diametrically oppossed.
You mean about how you perpetuated it?  Do you want there to be a rift lazs?  Post like this sure make it seem that way.

MiniD

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2003, 09:48:11 AM »
akdeja.... the rift exists.   I can have no effect on it one way or the other.   I could leave and if the other couple hundred or thousand or so furballers all left too then the rift would be ended.

or.... we could figure out a way for everyone to co-exist with variety of gameplay... fuel porking and steamrollering and milkrunning are the rift... not me.   You place more importance on me by far than I do.

lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2003, 09:49:43 AM »
Sling, I suppose I am one of the one's you suspect of complaining about AKDesert. I've said it's not my favorite map but I don't recall "complaining" about it. Got any examples?

Now Trinity, I did complain about. NB switched some VH's to AF's and it improved some. to NB.

Yah know, there wasn't much of a rift before the resupply became so imbalanced. What, something like seven goon resupply sorties to bring fuel up at a field an additional 25%? That's where the "rift" really started for me; the straw that overloaded the camel.

I don't think Laz started it or perpetuated it. The strat system itself is unbalanced; that's what started it and it continues because of the unbalance. Laz merely tirelessly points this out. Ceaselessly, even. :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2003, 09:53:19 AM »
Having a different oppinion is not "a rift".  This thread perpetuates "the rift" and what's wrong in the community.

MiniD

Offline yb11

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2003, 10:04:15 AM »
i think the DA wood be the best place for fur balling if all will go thear

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2003, 10:09:58 AM »
haveing unbalanced gameplay is the rift, the rift is not merely talking about it.   I understand tho... if the gameplay is going the way you like you tend to consider anyone who points out the flaws to be a spoilsport.  

The game has become a zero sum kinda thing...  many feel that anything that aids the gameplay of others..... takes away from theirs.   some are paranoid that, given choice, people will ignore them and simply not play with them... they feel that their impact has to be so great that they cannot be ignored... in affect..... make people play with them.

I feel that different styles can co-exist... they did in the past.   The few diehards fom both camps simply left "forever" in a huff and touted some other sim as the great strat sim or the great fur sim.   Everyone else stayed and found stuff to do in this sim.   Not that way now...  I don't think either side is happy and they resent the other for good measure.

but then.... maybe I'm wrong.

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2003, 10:11:19 AM »
thank you yb11 for making my point.

lazs

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2003, 10:28:16 AM »
Whoa there lazs... where did you mention unbalanced gameplay in that post?  Seems to me you took the oportunity to identify someone at the opposite end of the spectrum and weigh it against the other end as if those were the only two that existed.

Here's the real rift... those that want to keep stomping their feet and screaming "RIFT!" and those that wish you'd just shut up.  These posts are not the way to get your message heard.  They only serve to alienate and divide.

MiniD

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2003, 10:41:14 AM »
Yes, Laz.. don't point out that strat is unbalanced. That's not the way to get the message out.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!