Author Topic: $87 billion  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
$87 billion
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2003, 10:27:38 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Do you have a link to some of these "same Dems" Rip? Or is this a made up question?

Probabaly from the same cite that claims Republicans are willing to spend $87B on Iraqi citizens but none on their own.

Get real.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
$87 billion
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2003, 10:31:29 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
So, you haven't been watching these boards for 2 years? Put down the pipe, short term memory loss, sir.

Wow, nice duck Ripster.  The best defense is a good personal attack... er ... offense. If you can't answer the question just say so. we promise not to taunt you too much.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
$87 billion
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2003, 10:34:55 AM »
Just a sample of  two threads describing "He should have finished the job"

I could get more if I did the proper search:
"Why didn't the previous Bush SR. finish what he started 12 years ago?"
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=80751&referrerid=3203

Should've finished the job 10 years ago.
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=81363&referrerid=3203
« Last Edit: September 08, 2003, 10:39:16 AM by Ripsnort »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
$87 billion
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2003, 10:40:11 AM »
Wow, nice duck Ripster.  The best defense is a good personal attack... er ... offense. If you can't answer the question just say so. we promise not to taunt you too much.

See above post.  Truth hurts don't it? You're memory is not what it used to be old man.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
$87 billion
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2003, 10:40:14 AM »
Originally posted by banana
Where are all the fiscally conservative republiclowns on this BBS now?

If this were a democratic administration trying to get an 87 billion dollar social programs bill through the congress, they would be going ape.

Bush is making the so-called "Tax & Spend" democrats look like penny pinchers.

At least the democrats would rather spend our money helping Americans in this country.

Democrats are interested in one thing....getting back in power.

I wonder what part of Bush's speeches you guys didn't understand when he warned after Sept. 11th of a long and protracted war which could last 3-5 years. Some of you act like this is a big suprise....especially the Democratic hopefuls.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
$87 billion
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2003, 10:43:23 AM »
Why didn't the previous Bush SR. finish what he started 12 years ago?

Here is the quote you cited from the first link... It is from Skernsk, a Canadian. (Not exactly a Dem now is he?)

Leftists: Bush 1st should have taken out Hussein in '91.

This is from the second link..... funny thing is.... thats from YOUR post Rip. ROFL

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
$87 billion
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2003, 10:44:18 AM »
Originally posted by banana
I agree, Rip. But I enjoy pointing out Republiclown hypocrisy whenever it rears it's ugly head.

In reality, Republicans have no qualms about spending, any more than Democrats do. They just differ on which country's citizens should take priority.

You're comparing apples and oranges and you can't tell the difference.

Ok banana...we are all listening....what is your solution for the current Iraq....or can you just throw stones from behind your puter?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
$87 billion
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2003, 10:44:20 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
Democrats are interested in one thing....getting back in power.

Desperation is showing up in all forms. Its funny to watch. :)  I might add that I think Bush might give them back their power by his own blunders...but spending money on Iraq won't be one of them.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
$87 billion
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2003, 10:44:31 AM »
lol MT

You've got to admit, Ripsnort, that is funny.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2003, 10:47:13 AM by Dowding »
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
$87 billion
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2003, 10:47:30 AM »
Interesting. It seems strange that whenever post-WW2 rebuilding of Europe is mentioned, the 'altruistic freebie' angle, coupled with a 'you still owe us big style' spin is the EXACT set of arguments pulled out of the hat by a large number of Americans on this board. Yet now there was a net 'gain'? Is that conclusion the result of new research or is it simply a convenience thing?

It's called the truth of the matter Dowding, whether you find it pallitable or not is moot.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
$87 billion
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2003, 10:47:41 AM »
So,

Skernk, (a Canadian)
Gofaster - (A known Dem symp.)
Ripsnort - (A centrist vote the issues only Dem)

These are the "same Dems" you were talking about?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
$87 billion
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2003, 10:49:43 AM »
It's called the truth of the matter Dowding, whether you find it pallitable or not is moot.

You're right. The inconsistency, as I described, is glaringly obvious.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
$87 billion
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2003, 11:07:07 AM »
Ok banana...we are all listening....what is your solution for the current Iraq....or can you just throw stones from behind your puter?

Rude, I never said I disagreed with spending money on rebuilding Iraq. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of many(not all) republiclowns on this BBS who go nuts whenever democrats try to spend money on improving the living conditions of all Americans.

If I had the time, I could dredge up a multitude of threads of various republiclowns calling foul when democrats try to send social reform or health care legislation through congress. These reactionaries get furious when the US government tries to spend our tax dollars on the people of the US.

But, when our president institutes a massive, and I do mean massive, spending program on a foreign country....they have no problem whatsoever.

That, my friend, is not comparing apples to oranges. It's comparing apples to apples, and I'm right and it makes you angry.

Sorry, but the truth hurts sometimes, as Rip was kind enough to mention earlier.

Offline Erlkonig

• Nickel Member
$87 billion
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2003, 11:38:39 AM »
What's this probation **** about anyway.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
$87 billion
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2003, 12:20:03 PM »
Here is the quote you cited from the first link... It is from Skernsk, a Canadian. (Not exactly a Dem now is he?)

This is from the second link..... funny thing is.... thats from YOUR post Rip. ROFL

Gofaster said it too. (not exactly conservative) Skernsk leans left if you've paid attention to his posts in the past. Thats not a "bad" thing, its just an observation.

As far as me saying it, that wasn't the discussion nor the point of the arguement (neither of which you understand, but hey, you're a liberal Californian, understandable)